NEW BASKETBALL SHOE FROM NIKE !!! NIKE ZOOM HYPERREV . CHECK INSIDE FOR PICS,SPRING 2014...OPINI

http://counterkicks.com/2014/01/review-nike-zoom-hyperrev/

Check my review out. Let me know - agree, disagree?
pimp.gif

Good review from them.

You can't knock nightwing. He has changed his style over the years and has expanded his "brand" and got that following. The reviews he does seem a little more mature than KG I guess I feel like, but the production on their videos is dope. I like how they show themselves actually doing work in them at first. Dudes are actually pretty funny. :lol: :lol:

Good review from them.

You can't knock nightwing. He has changed his style over the years and has expanded his "brand" and got that following. The reviews he does seem a little more mature than KG I guess I feel like, but the production on their videos is dope. I like how they show themselves actually doing work in them at first. Dudes are actually pretty funny.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, but to me his videos seem half *** just him talking and rambling while we stare at the shoe, when he actually changes it up he starts filming outside at a park while talking and rambling. I think he maybe has a bigger following because of the amount of content (quantity not quality)

Foamersimpsons performance reviews are really good also

Anyways, want to try for the full length zoom, probably going to wait it out to get on the low

Great review, definitely a bit geared to a younger audience but really well produced edited etc. really enjoy these guys as much as nightwimg.

Hopefully they stick to ball and don't take up a hip hop career though... They might go broke. Haha just messin

Uh oh, was really looking forward to getting these until I saw the kick genius review about the durability... I need these to last at least a year, I play pickup 3-4 times a week. You guys think they'll hold up? Anyone here personally seen some durability issues?

If you're looking for durability grab the M10. Anything Hyperfuse/mesh is going to be suspect to durability issues. I.e. Hyperdunk, Hyperrev, Zoom Crusader etc.You need some type of leather.

Agreed. If you need something to last a long time and don't have a rotation of kicks I would stay away from these.

Yeah after KG did their review it made me realize that they probably won't hold up over the year but the performance confirms that I need a pair in my rotation.

Durability wise, I'd say shoes like the Hyperfuse 09-13 are all a good option, only if you don't care too much about cushioning

Uh oh, was really looking forward to getting these until I saw the kick genius review about the durability... I need these to last at least a year, I play pickup 3-4 times a week. You guys think they'll hold up? Anyone here personally seen some durability issues?
mine are beginning to rip in the same part his are..

I'd be rotating these with 2-3 others so not too worried, but damn, how they gonna charge $120 for shoes that rip in two weeks?

I bet a lot of people will be returning/exchanging after a month or two.  That's on Nike, not on us.

KickGenius Performance Test

Who do these guys play for? The one on the left said he plays college? Honestly pretty impressed by their ball skills in those dribbling drills.

Production value on these videos is pretty good, too, besides maybe the impromptu freestyle I could have done without.

@Duke40, liked the review, pretty good writing. Photos reminded me of the Kicksology days... R.I.P.

@iks mod yes sir, I live in Northeast MPLS, what about you? Love me some Grain Belt Nordeast beer.

Played pickup for 3-4 games in this shoe yesterday. Fit continues to be fantastic, traction continues to be questionable through the early trials. Looking forward to trying to achieve better traction, sounds like I need to wear them on asphalt (except where I live, there's a couple inches of snow everywhere...).

Fits exactly true to size. Don't fret if you struggle to get the shoe on your foot at first, I had to realize I needed to pull the heel and the tongue tab at the same time. I'm still figuring out how to lace these, I think I'm leaning towards lacing pretty loosely with a tight ankle strap. All materials are soft and do not chafe at all.

Guys at the gym were asking me if I would recommend the Hyper Revs... I would, unless you are concerned with ankle support. Probably one to stay away from if you've had ankle issues in the past. Guys with plantar fascia and arch problems will probably find these to be too mushy as well, as the cushioning is crazy soft and almost too flexible.

Last edited:
After reading about the full-length zoom, I knew I'd be picking up a pair. Just waiting until they fall under $100 :lol:

After reading about the full-length zoom, I knew I'd be picking up a pair. Just waiting until they fall under $100 :lol:

You coulda got em for under with this foot locker code I dunno if it's still active check the coupon thread I totally forgot the code. But I paid $94.99 for mine shipped. Just waiting for em to ship..

Sonunox34 - thanks for the Kicksology comparison - my definite inspiration. I started writing mine in the reviews section here on NT right after Prof. K went to Nike and then CK picked me up.

I haven't had any issues with mine tearing up but I could see it happening. I rotated mine with the Ultraflight (retro review before the retro release) but they look brand new still. Minus a few creases in the midsole.

Not a bad shoe ascetically love the roshe run probably why i like this looks light and with that strange mesh upper it is interesting to see some of the nba stars playing in the hyperrev

I wish I could play basketball EVERY DAY so these would fit into my rotation more.

It's honestly an amazing shoe, but it's hard for me to play 2-3 times a week and choose these over Bron 11s and XX8s :\

Honestly I was really excited for these and they seemed like the perfect shoe for me until the KG review and you guys saying they're not durable... And I just can't justify dropping 160$ (their price in canada) on a pair of shoes that will rip in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get these someday, and that day will be if I ever go to the US and pass by an outlet to get these on the cheap. Until then, I guess I have to just dream about these and look at another pair of kicks.

Man the durability of these is the biggest question mark

But KG honestly is only having problems cause he said he balled in them everyday since he copped on release day

If you have a on court rotation you should be good but if this is your only ball shoe it will be a problem

Back
Top Bottom