NEW BASKETBALL SHOE FROM NIKE !!! NIKE ZOOM HYPERREV . CHECK INSIDE FOR PICS,SPRING 2014...OPINI

That review
eyes.gif
Yup - but nice pics!

I've played in mine about 10 times and still have no creases.

Played in my KD VI away 2 once and have creases.

Last edited:
You coulda got em for under with this foot locker code I dunno if it's still active check the coupon thread I totally forgot the code. But I paid $94.99 for mine shipped. Just waiting for em to ship..

I ordered the black / green pair from footlocker last fri and they said they are on backorder...smh

So?

How does mesh crease?
It is hard to make mesh crease, but my Kobe 8's have multiple creases.   I am not sure how it happened, but I guess it is from repeated wearings of playing basketball and tennis in them.

As for durability issues, that is always the case with mesh shoes.  My Kobe 8's have rips in 3 differents spots, but they are still playable.  As long as the rips are not that large, you should be fine.

As for the people's issues with traction, I see bad traction as having an advantage while on offense.  Obviously, it's a liability on defense, but on offense you can learn to use it to your advantage.

It is hard to make mesh crease, but my Kobe 8's have multiple creases.   I am not sure how it happened, but I guess it is from repeated wearings of playing basketball and tennis in them.

As for durability issues, that is always the case with mesh shoes.  My Kobe 8's have rips in 3 differents spots, but they are still playable.  As long as the rips are not that large, you should be fine.

As for the people's issues with traction, I see bad traction as having an advantage while on offense.  Obviously, it's a liability on defense, but on offense you can learn to use it to your advantage.

Your really gonna have to elaborate on that last statement because I don't see it ...having great traction where you can stop on a dime and change directions is essential for any guard oriented sneaker

Last edited:
Spin moves are the only thing I can think of where iffy traction would be better than glue-like traction.

I need grip though for my game. 

Wait is this mesh the same mesh that's on the kobe 8s?

Kobe 8s used what's called engineered mesh and have a more firm feel to the touch. These are a more traditional open-air mesh. They both feel the same way on court, the Kobe just had more fuse and synthetic built into the upper than these do.

"It locks you in. It is clingy like your life partner. One thing is for sure, this shoe won’t leave you."

A bit redundant and not really that funny.

Your really gonna have to elaborate on that last statement because I don't see it ...having great traction where you can stop on a dime and change directions is essential for any guard oriented sneaker
Bad traction is useful on offense if you can dribble well.  I had a friend who has been wearing OG Hyperfuse lows since they originally came out, which is over 3 years.  He plays a lot, so his traction has been worn down considerably.

The way he uses it to his advantage is when changing direction with moves like behind the back, between the legs, crossover, etc.  If you have good traction, you will completely stop when you are making these moves, but because of his bad traction, he is still sliding when he is doing these moves.  This adds an element of surprise and confuses the defender. 

(Usually you don't see people sliding around the court when dribbling around).  

Most people are not comfortable with sliding because it can increase the chance of an ankle injury, but if you are used to it, it can be an advantage (like what he does).  

It is kinda hard to explain, if you need more clarification I can give you more examples that are different.

Bad traction is useful on offense if you can dribble well.  I had a friend who has been wearing OG Hyperfuse lows since they originally came out, which is over 3 years.  He plays a lot, so his traction has been worn down considerably.

The way he uses it to his advantage is when changing direction with moves like behind the back, between the legs, crossover, etc.  If you have good traction, you will completely stop when you are making these moves, but because of his bad traction, he is still sliding when he is doing these moves.  This adds an element of surprise and confuses the defender. 
(Usually you don't see people sliding around the court when dribbling around).  

Most people are not comfortable with sliding because it can increase the chance of an ankle injury, but if you are used to it, it can be an advantage (like what he does).  

It is kinda hard to explain, if you need more clarification I can give you more examples that are different.

So what you're saying then is if we want to be good, like your friend, we should look for shoes with bad traction.

Buy your friend some new shoes, and I can almost guarantee his/your claim of having an on court advantage from sliding will be out the window ... if he can dribble as good as you say he can, when he's able to drive hard to the basket, completely stop, and then change directions , and make an easy layup or pull up jumper, those busted Hyperfuse will never make an oncourt appearance again

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom