New Car Pick-Up - BMW Roadster *Update* Wheels & Grill

Nice pickup! You've already made some tasteful visual mods already that look great! Any plans on performance mods?

ALL black kidneys really set it off
pimp.gif

the tint and new wheels make it nice and clean. Really liking the whole black on black thing going on. congrats.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Nice pickup! You've already made some tasteful visual mods already that look great! Any plans on performance mods?

Probably just this.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Sweet! Can't wait.

The BMW N20 Engine is Tuneable Says Kelleners with 294 HP / 310 LB-FT Tune

BMW's new 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo engine (the "N20") may be down on cylinders and displacement compared to the inline 6 cylinder (N52) that it replaces across BMW's model range, but even in factory form, it matches the outgoing N52's horsepowers and features an extra 30 lb-ft of torque (in the X1 xDrive28i, X3 xDrive28i, 528i, Z4 sDrive28i, and upcoming F30 328i), while having better fuel efficiency.

And what the N20 loses in smoothness and top-end pull compared to the outgoing N52, it now looks like it will easily make up for in tuneability. Kelleners Sport has released the specs of its N20 tune and the figures are impressive! These are power gains that the naturally aspirated N52 could never achieve. 

The Kelleners N20 tune achieves 294 hp and 310 lb-ft torque (420 Nm), a +49 hp and +52 lb-ft gain over factory quoted figures. See the full specs below:

On the X1 xDrive28i, X3 xDrive28i, 528i, Z4 sDrive28i, and upcoming F30 328i model (which get the higher powered N20 configuration from the factory):

dPxsq.jpg

These power figures were achieved with their tune only and no other modifications. No doubt we'll see more aftermarket tuners releasing their N20 tunes, especially as the F30 328i hits the market.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

holy wheel gap!!

j/k nice car man
Trust me, I know.
ohwell.gif
 But with the new engine, the springs/coils available aren't recommended for it yet. So it's a waiting game at this point. 

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

nice... i hate the white spot on the side though...
The side markers? They do sell them painted ($75, which isn't a bad price) but it seems like it's going to be a hassle to replace. It would look great though.
u1vCB.jpg

Oc6xj.jpg

HcKCd.jpg

nice... i hate the white spot on the side though...
The side markers? They do sell them painted ($75, which isn't a bad price) but it seems like it's going to be a hassle to replace. It would look great though.
u1vCB.jpg

Oc6xj.jpg

HcKCd.jpg

looks a lot better there IMO...stock, the white doesn't jump out... blacked it just looks like a bird $$*! on your car... for the record the Z4 is probably my favorite roadster ofter the MX-5...

Not a big upgrade, just got rid of the yellow angel eyes.
left: OEM right: new
6a13z.jpg

Very good work

I like that you are doing the little touches that only you and other Bimmer owners would notice.

Now just lower the car and its a wrap.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Very good work

I like that you are doing the little touches that only you and other Bimmer owners would notice.

Now just lower the car and its a wrap.
I know, they're taking forever with the spring/coil-overs for the new engine, I thought it would just be a simple tweaking from the older ones but I guess it's more complicated than that.

I feel you on not wanting to lower the car too much to the point where it gets uncomfortable. My car's stored right now and I'm kind of dreading the moment when it's time to start dailying it again. Every spring I have to get used to my coilovers again. My setup is aggressive as hell though, and it's also a completely different car. 

still love everything bout that roadster except that bird doodoo colored sidemarkers...
laugh.gif
 I tried to get in there to at least change the bulb to white but it requires removing the whole fender. So I'll probably leave to a professional to do it if I decide to replace the whole marker black.

still love everything bout that roadster except that bird doodoo colored sidemarkers...
laugh.gif
 I tried to get in there to at least change the bulb to white but it requires removing the whole fender. So I'll probably leave to a professional to do it if I decide to replace the whole marker black.
%!%%... give me $20 and 5 Sharpies... amazing amount of work for such a little change...

laugh.gif
%!%%... give me $20 and 5 Sharpies... amazing amount of work for such a little change...
If it were that simple I would have done it myself. In a way, I kind of like it that way though, feels more like a solid car if you can't disassemble it so easily. 

Back
Top Bottom