New Car Pick-Up - BMW Roadster *Update* Wheels & Grill

RFX I have had H&R (on E36 M3), Bilstein PSS9 (on E46 M3) and KW V2 and V3 (on E46 M3 and E39 M5 respectively).
I would recommend KW V2 or V3 for your application.  The KWs ride really well and provide a good amount of height/ride tuning.  H&Rs were pretty harsh ride-wise on my E36 M3.

Isn't the KW V3 a bit OD? I won't track the car so I kind of eliminated that from the list.

And it's funny you say that KW is more comfortable because the guy in the store I was talking to just emailed me this:

My personal opinion : Go with the H&R Street Performance coilovers. They are going to be less track focused with a higher level of street comfort, plus you'll also get great height adjustability (1.2-2.2 inches lowering). KW's will make your kidneys cry uncle!

Originally Posted by RFX45

Isn't the KW V3 a bit OD? I won't track the car so I kind of eliminated that from the list.

And it's funny you say that KW is more comfortable because the guy in the store I was talking to just emailed me this:

My personal opinion : Go with the H&R Street Performance coilovers. They are going to be less track focused with a higher level of street comfort, plus you'll also get great height adjustability (1.2-2.2 inches lowering). KW's will make your kidneys cry uncle!

Yup KW V3 is OD for a daily driver but they wont make your kidneys cry haha, it depends on the spring rate you go with.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

RFX I have had H&R (on E36 M3), Bilstein PSS9 (on E46 M3) and KW V2 and V3 (on E46 M3 and E39 M5 respectively).
I would recommend KW V2 or V3 for your application.  The KWs ride really well and provide a good amount of height/ride tuning.  H&Rs were pretty harsh ride-wise on my E36 M3.

How were the Bilstein PSS9? Those things are pricey

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

How were the Bilstein PSS9? Those things are pricey
They were great, but I took the chance to upgrade to KW V2s when I bought myself some BBS LMs 
pimp.gif

I hear the Bilstein PSS10s are pretty dope.

I bought nothing but the best for that E46 M3, I miss it.

You can set the valving on the KW V2/V3 to ride pretty soft... dunno what that guy is talking about.

My current euro toy a 2005 E55 has airmatic suspension (air shocks) but I am going to rip that junk out and replace it with KW V3s.

Limo tint in the back and 50% in the front, I wanted it darker but don't want to deal with getting pulled over.

Too many stop and go traffic for a manual ******.

I've decided to go for springs first and if I'm not happy I'll go with the KW V1 then the V3 if I still don't like how it feels/looks. I got all the time in the world to try things out so why not.

Are there any Juice Box or Access Port or any equivalent tunes yet for that engine?
After seeing what tuners have done with the 335i, the  turbo-4 should be pretty beastly after a tune.

Are there any Juice Box or Access Port or any equivalent tunes yet for that engine?
After seeing what tuners have done with the 335i, the  turbo-4 should be pretty beastly after a tune.
Not yet but I'm sure they're working on it. The new Turbo4 just came out in January. There are plenty of space for mods under the hood too, the new engine is pretty small in comparison to the I6. 
klSwc.jpg

I do see that the engine bay has a lot of room for stuff, I also hear that the I4 allows the front to be lighter and improving the weight distribution.
I have read though that the turbo itself is not something that is easily removed or replaced.  I am surprised after 6+ years on the market that the 335i doesn't have many turbo replacement options, so I don't see that being a realistic mod any time soon for this engine.

I wouldn't mess with that stuff anyway, just a downpipe, exhaust and tune should wake your car up real nice and still be fairly reliable and fuel efficient.

Yeah the smaller engine is lighter and pushed back so it does improve the cars balance.

Chances are I won't go full out with engine mods for this car, if any at all.
There really isn't much aftermarket support for this particular vehicle anyways unlike the E85/E86.
Plus I'm really not into that extreme mod phase anymore, the car is plenty fast as it is.
Such a huge difference it makes when I choose sport mode. The engine growls and everyone who hears it on the road wants to race me.
laugh.gif

new wheels already, you wasting no time.
pimp.gif

Might as well do your home work and ride in different set ups and do the install once.

Sweet! Can't wait.

The BMW N20 Engine is Tuneable Says Kelleners with 294 HP / 310 LB-FT Tune

BMW's new 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo engine (the "N20") may be down on cylinders and displacement compared to the inline 6 cylinder (N52) that it replaces across BMW's model range, but even in factory form, it matches the outgoing N52's horsepowers and features an extra 30 lb-ft of torque (in the X1 xDrive28i, X3 xDrive28i, 528i, Z4 sDrive28i, and upcoming F30 328i), while having better fuel efficiency.

And what the N20 loses in smoothness and top-end pull compared to the outgoing N52, it now looks like it will easily make up for in tuneability. Kelleners Sport has released the specs of its N20 tune and the figures are impressive! These are power gains that the naturally aspirated N52 could never achieve.

The Kelleners N20 tune achieves 294 hp and 310 lb-ft torque (420 Nm), a +49 hp and +52 lb-ft gain over factory quoted figures. See the full specs below:

On the X1 xDrive28i, X3 xDrive28i, 528i, Z4 sDrive28i, and upcoming F30 328i model (which get the higher powered N20 configuration from the factory):

dPxsq.jpg

These power figures were achieved with their tune only and no other modifications. No doubt we'll see more aftermarket tuners releasing their N20 tunes, especially as the F30 328i hits the market.

Change grill to all black, painted the silver horizontal bar on the bottom grill to black and put overlay on the reflectors.

Before:
hVFbr.jpg

After:
irFZv.jpg

QND0g.jpg

Kmbev.jpg

skt54.jpg

Back
Top Bottom