New Coldplay. on third page. update. 30 second clip of b-side 5/1 page 4

347151e0ac998c35d2fd23b17500193560bf9f7.pjpg

WHOAAAAAAAAAA

It has been announced today that Coldplay will premiere the first single from their fourth album, 'Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends', nextTuesday (29th April) on BBC6 Music, which will then open the floodgates for thousands of other radio stations to be allowed to air the track.

'Violet Hill', which is released in May, will be given its first play on George Lamb's show on BBC 6 Music, which airs between 10am and 1pm(BST). Coldplay's much anticipated new album features ten tracks and has been produced alongside Brian Eno. Speaking about the album, the bandsaid that they "weren't afraid to try anything" and that, as a group, they were still "obsessed with making songs that can be sung to therafters".

Meanwhile, XFM announced that big Coldplay news will be announced on Monday 28th April. In their blog, they said, "Keep your eyes and ears locked onto Xfm Online and on air for the most exciting Coldplay news you'll hear all year on Monday… We can say no more. Yet."

Reign of Love - "This is a very lovely, sweet song, which is very gospel like"
42 - "This is an excellend song, a potetial single, but then again, every song on this album sounds like it could be a single, there isso much strong material on here, I think this album could be a classic in years to come"
Yes! - "This is a very dark song, very menacing and brooding, which is different."
Viva la Vida - "This song is just brilliant!!"

EDIT:
Coldplay's new single, Violet Hill, will be available as a free download exclusively from Coldplay.com for one week starting tomorrow, Tuesday April 29th,at 12.15pm UK time. This is a full week ahead of the single's conventional paid-for digital release, on Tuesday May 6th.

Then, on Wednesday May 7th, there will be a free limited edition 7-inch vinyl of 'Violet Hill' on the cover of NME magazine, backed by the exclusiveB-side, 'A Spell A Rebel Yell'. You can pre-order the issue by clicking here.

Free gigs in London and New York
Also tomorrow, Coldplay.com will announce preliminary details of two free shows which the band will play in June, one at London's Brixton Academy and theother at New York's Madison Square Garden. Full details of how to win tickets to both will be revealed on Coldplay.com in the next few weeks.

Album release details
Coldplay's fourth album, 'Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends' is out in June. The release dates are as follows:

UK - June 12
USA & Canada - June 17
Japan - June 11
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Ireland - June 13 Australia/NZ - June 14 ROW - June 16

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/st...ork_on_something_different_for_upcoming_album

i always found Coldplay to be a tad bit overrated, ahhh a hell of alot overrated but I still am looking to see how this is

Originally Posted by areyouin729

i always found Coldplay to be a tad bit overrated, ahhh a hell of alot overrated but I still am looking to see how this is

Far from overrated. When it's all said and done they will go down as one of the best bands ever.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Far from overrated. When it's all said and done they will go down as one of the best bands ever.

El Oh friggin El
roll.gif

The band is not that good. It's whiny soft rock for "cool" guys. They suck.

i like coldplay, but i was definitely underwhelmed by their last album, x&y. in fact, i think their albums have gotten progressively worse. but i'mlooking forward to this all the same.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

El Oh friggin El
roll.gif

The band itself is not that good, but they make great albums. There's more to it than just that.

I wouldnt call them the best but they def have the talent and ambition to be....X&Y was the only mediocre album....either way Viva La Vida will be a newbeginning and the songs will be less "whiny" and more full of life

I'll give you the soft rock, but whiny? c'mon...you just clearly don't like coldplay and are hating. There is nothing whiny abouttheir music.

^they have had some "Whiny" songs in their past but theyve really moved past that......warning sign is a whiny song imo but awesome

Back
Top Bottom