**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Diss wasn't even that great, props to Common for naming names, although I question his motivation. If it really is over Serena than Common looks like the sucker

I think this is pretty weak if its over Serena especially since common already seems like a hypocrite to me for preaching that black love and peace and then beefs over a woMAN

alex2182 wrote:
Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

If Com is really feeling a way that Drake took Serena, then he's the one who's sweet IMO. That's wack, hopefully there's more to it than that

I thought it was becuase Drake took offense to Common's song "Sweet"

It was... he got mad that Common made that comment about _'s singing and they aint Frank Sinatra... He even spoke about it in the middle of one of his concerts shortly after... Then this verse. 

So I have a hard time believing it was about Serena.

This beef is going to be comedy. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
And its pretty much a fair fight 
Drake as so much material to fire at Common with its crazy, can't wait to hear the response 

I seriously doubt its over a woman when it comes to Com.

Just doesn't fit him in my opinion.

I think he just pulling his card and trying to bring a some actual ruggedness back to hip-hop.

it seems like common was just saying the game got sweet on that 'sweet' track, then when asked was that song about drake he simply said he fits into that category. i hope it aint over tennis d'%+@.

worst part about this is that people will write common off because hes not the more popular of the two. there are people who believe drake and other hot artist of today are the epitome of lyricists. i mean he was clearly not going super hard on this track and still clowned dude with out sounding hurt or salty. he kinda said alot of the jokes i see about drake here on NT, especially the 'body like that' part lol.

i hope drake comes back and goes hard. rap has been kinda sugary lately.

Originally Posted by novaflight

I think he just pulling his card and trying to bring a some actual ruggedness back to hip-hop.
Because a Common/Drake battle will certainly do that. 

Please. Common just needed buzz to help sell his album, because nobody was looking for it. Best way to do that was take shots at drake because hes "hot". Out of both of the tracks, Drakes was better. Only because Common was lazy on stay schemin and just didnt bring it. Canada's dry was weak and yall know it.

Originally Posted by blakep267

Please. Common just needed buzz to help sell his album, because nobody was looking for it. Best way to do that was take shots at drake because hes "hot". Out of both of the tracks, Drakes was better. Only because Common was lazy on stay schemin and just didnt bring it. Canada's dry was weak and yall know it.

Clearly you are a Drake fan 
laugh.gif

Does anyone have a good quality of the track, the version I got sounds like a cassette tape playing 

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by blakep267

Clearly you are a Drake fan 
laugh.gif

Does anyone have a good quality of the track, the version I got sounds like a cassette tape playing 

word.. dude made it blatant who he was talking to. hows that weak?

I could eat Common at this stage in his career cause he is kinda Drake'in it himself...but this is pointless....Im not even paying attention to this dumb %!#%

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Please. Common just needed buzz to help sell his album, because nobody was looking for it. 
Is Common even at a 100,000 yet
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its statements like this that just prove everything Common said in Sweet was right about Hip Hop.

I mean I respect him for speaking his mind but it really is a no win war... People will take up and make excuses for a Man kissing another Man mouth to mouth because he's popular.  Its not about the bars or the content, its about popularity.  FTR I'm not saying Drake doesn't have Bars or Content but that it doesn't matter because he popular so the masses will jump off a cliff for him even if Common is right.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by novaflight

Because a Common/Drake battle will certainly do that. 
Keyword you're missing. 
Competition that will stay on wax is a good thing imo no matter which rappers they are.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Please. Common just needed buzz to help sell his album, because nobody was looking for it. 
Is Common even at a 100,000 yet
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've never bought a Common album in my life, not one. I haven't burned one either, I'm not a fan. 
His album has been out for 3-4 weeks and he's at 100,000....those are good numbers, don't think this is for sales.

We're beefing over ({})?
eyes.gif

Serena must have that kryptonite or unobtainium from Avatar, for real.

I just remember Jay-Z:

Drake, heres how they gon come at you
With silly rap feuds trying to distract you
In disguise in the form of a favor

....over the fact that YOUR EX-GIRL is smashing another dude. She clearly doesn't want you, so why you picking fights?

I wonder who the real "!*+ %$* !+***" is....
grin.gif

I'm not trying to blindly defend drake here but the "tennis" line? I mean honestly? What is this about? Ya'll are rap superstars and ya'll arguing over a piece of tail? Ya'll supposed to be able to pull anything with two legs.

Common was weak for this diss and Drake will look even lamer in my eyes if he responds.

People have died over REAL problems and ya'll wanna beef over Serena and making "soft" music?

drake says, say it to my face then throws subliminals. like, what?

common makes it clear who hes talkin to then after the track says his name aswell.

i mean i dont see how, even if you hate common and love drake, you cant respect this.

i just wanna see a good battle. hopefully drake fires back directly.

i guess we can que all the "heres how they come at you..." "youll never here a reply for it" posts.

For those saying Common is doing this for album sales....
laugh.gif

Common is a full blown actor now, he is doing this for fun.

Common went head to head with Cube, so why in the world would he be worried about
what Drake could say?????
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Canada Dry
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I really can't see Drake winning this
nerd.gif
He's signed with Young Money, their fans don't actually listen to anything, they just hear things and nod their heads.
It's kinda like cutting the the radio on while vacuuming.

Back
Top Bottom