**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

I just want to hear some good music come out of this. Not like this "beef" is going to turn ugly in the streets or something. Let those dudes cook.
That right there.

Both of them can rap. It's highly unlikely it'll spill into anything other than wax. Let's just sit back and enjoy the festivities.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

I respect what Birdman had to say, but at the same time, this is hip hop, not R&B. Battling is at the core of the art... the music. I wanna see this kept peaceful but I also want to hear what an old head that represents an era that produced the best rap ever and a young cat that is at the front of this new movement have to say about one another in the booth.

I'm interested in hearing if Drake can hold his own and come out of this with more respect from people like me or if Common is going to rip his head off and show that this new generation isn't built like dudes from Common's era.

I just want to hear some good music come out of this. Not like this "beef" is going to turn ugly in the streets or something. Let those dudes cook.
Thank you. People are losing sight that battling is basically the very beginning of rap/hip hop, and if you can't do one of the very fundamentals of rap, don't walk around 
feeling yourself regardless of the money and success, nor tweeting any excuses about it.

I wasn't going to post my opinions but i figure why not. To everyone calling the beef stupid or corny why? Why cant two rappers have a beef without anyone getting shot or fighting in the club?

So far I like commons response to drake I just hope they keep going until there is a clear winner and not leave it up to interpretation

Common was definitely going at Drake on Sweat. "Even %@%+*# know you soft". By the type of music Drake makes that can only apply to him. I don't see why that's a problem admitting that cuz everything he said is true about Drake.

Slillyputty you defending this dude waaayyyy to much. He don't need your help.
laugh.gif
Some of yall need to understand the difference between legitimate beef and a rap battle.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Common was definitely going at Drake on Sweat. "Even %@%+*# know you soft". By the type of music Drake makes that can only apply to him. I don't see why that's a problem admitting that cuz everything he said is true about Drake.

Slillyputty you defending this dude waaayyyy to much. He don't need your help.
laugh.gif
Some of yall need to understand the difference between legitimate beef and a rap battle.
I don't get it.
If I don't make fun of drake and ride Common's nuts then i'm defending Drake... If I defend drake then I'm riding with common.

I gives no damn about either of the two. I'm just putting my thoughts out there against both artists.

I just want more music to listen to.

There is no middle ground with you all.
roll.gif
I made maybe 3-4 posts addressing the situation, and I'm not even defending Drake that hard since i've clearly agreed with criticisms of BOTH artists if you read my posts in this thread. 

That being said I'm just saying not to count either artist out.

People are only seeing what they want to. 
laugh.gif

Bruh you just said Common is salty, he feels left out and everybody hates Drake whatever whatever. Its a middle groud but you not there.

His own daughter said she wasn't feeling his stuff...

His rap "rival" was cuddling up with his ex-boo thang... 

Dude says he doesnt like the current climate of rap music...

All of which is a legitimate opinion for him to have. He's free to do that. 

AND its true that Drake gets an inordinate amount of hate for his position in both his commercial success and "artistic liberty
laugh.gif

But the fact remains that I also criticized Drake on his new "edgy" lyrics and newly perceived "tough guy" persona. 

In my eyes, Common is corny for throwing stones wildly then initially trying to hide his hands and Drake is corny for even responding to common with the tough guy lyrics.

In any case, I just want more music...I don't care either way.

Common's album was great. Drake's album was great.

As a fan of both, i'm keeping it moving...but lets not front like there isn't a cause for criticism AND support of both artists. 

Bruh you just said Common is salty, he feels left out and everybody hates Drake whatever whatever. Its a middle groud but you not there.

sillyputty wrote:

His own daughter said she wasn't feeling his stuff...

That's not true... His daughter said that she liked his music but that she was more of a Diggy fan which is what she's supposed to say given  is 14.  Diggy makes music for her age group.  You're making it out to be oh even she dissed her father's music when that's not the case G.

SHE'S 14.

She supposed to perfer Diggy & Mindless Behavior compared to Common & 112

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I respect what Birdman had to say, but at the same time, this is hip hop, not R&B. Battling is at the core of the art... the music. I wanna see this kept peaceful but I also want to hear what an old head that represents an era that produced the best rap ever and a young cat that is at the front of this new movement have to say about one another in the booth.

I'm interested in hearing if Drake can hold his own and come out of this with more respect from people like me or if Common is going to rip his head off and show that this new generation isn't built like dudes from Common's era.

Thank you. People are losing sight that battling is basically the very beginning of rap/hip hop, and if you can't do one of the very fundamentals of rap, don't walk around 
feeling yourself regardless of the money and success, nor tweeting any excuses about it.

This.  Hip hop's essence and origin has been credited to reducing inner-city gang violence by replacing physical violence with hip hop freestyle battles, dance, and artwork. It is at the core of it. If Aubrey Graham, as he sees himself as a hip hop artist, defines himself to be fan of it and that it embodies him, he would embrace the hip hop disses. 
People are also missing Common's point. It is about something deeper and with "Sweet" he was calling out the current state of Hip Hop. He is a conscious rapper. Afterllm Common came out with "I Used to Love H.E.R.", one of the best Hip Hop songs EVER made. He makes an analogy comparing the degradation of a woman with the deterioration of hip hop music after its commercial success was forced into the mainstream.  It spearheaded the infamous rap battle between him and Ice Cube and the West Coast hip hop scene. 
What Common did with "Sweet" is no different. Obviously the song is not as deep and metaphorical as "I Used to Love H.E.R." He just spoke out about what he sees is the fluff, sugar-coated,pop-!+# degradation of hip hop through Drake et al.  Drake can let it go or show if he is built for the true grit of hip hop. 

Originally Posted by jthagreat

"rap about a N wife" ??? that supports it being about serena

i like Common's verse but if this is about Serena then...not a good look for Common.

whats the situation with Com and serena anyway? were they married at one point? and if Sweet (dope track ) was motivated cause Drake took his girl then yikes, not a good look.

edit: i like the line about "you a son of a B!!! i imagine what your father is. that was dope too.
idk if this was already addressed, but common was talking about drake coming at kobe's wife

"#*!*@ you wasnt shootin wit me at the gym"

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
130516193552.gif

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by Peep Game

What Common did with "Sweet" is no different. Obviously the song is not as deep and metaphorical as "I Used to Love H.E.R." He just spoke out about what he sees is the fluff, sugar-coated,pop-!+# degradation of hip hop through Drake et al.  Drake can let it go or show if he is built for the true grit of hip hop. 
drake+crying.jpg

so much real in that 

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Cookie

drake would be stupid to respond. if drake responds his career might take a big hit. he has no ammo at common. if he doesnt say anything stans would see common come out as looking corny. whatever he says at common wont sting. common on the other hand has plenty of ammo and the delivery to really get at aubrey if he does respond.

the people who care the most about this are generally buying Drake albums...

on a large scale drake will be good cuz his general audience of women and younger guys don't care much for what common has to say
look up how did big daddy kane fall off.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by RetroSan

what.......son song "say my name" at a concert?

and on the other hand talking about how rap use to be about "ruggedness & guns"? 

"Then you dropped Stay Schemin, switched your demenor............."
the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kanye goes at Wiz, and it's all good....part of the "game." Common goes at Drake over Serena and he's some old, bitter, sucker...
im glad you brought that up too.....but to be fair, some cats weren't rockin that kanye was throwin jabs cuz homie scooped up his left overs...

Common should choose a better opponent no one really takes Drake serious in this type format.........It used to be a time when the game was more rugged lol........yea right Drake

Back
Top Bottom