**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

common_4.jpg

didn't common do a record with the Jonas Brothers?

Common fell off and this solidified it for me....

dog, your common....

Raekwon was in studio w. Justin Bieber....

What's your point?  

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

If I was Drake

I wouldnt even reply.......just let Common get his publicity stunt on

Im so sick of rappers who not selling pulling stunts just to sell
30t6p3b.gif
since when has common ever cared about record sales?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

and drake was poppin off da handle talkin bout say my name..welp they did, now what?
laugh.gif

sooooo you tellin me if Drake was underground artist that wasnt known by the mainstream and didnt have all this success and fame Common woulda came at him?

Exactly! Dont be mad cause Drake at the top spot and chillin wit yo lady

and this is comin from someone who doesnt really rock with Drake or any of this new YMCMB camp

but I always give credit where credit is due

like Katt Williams say "I dont drink Aleze but the females do!"

"I dont like Drake but the females do!"

He got the money, He got the fame, He got the ladies, His family taken care of, He living life having fun so dont be mad cause he killin all those categories

AS A MAN at the end of the day thats all that matters

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Brandon3000 wrote:

common_4.jpg

dog, your common....

What's your point?  

my point is these OLD RAPPERS need to think of new ways to get a buzz than dissin and hopping on tracks wit pop acts

laugh.gif
 at everybody saying Common is hating on Drake because he selling records & got the ladies attention, Common is MADE regardless, he's rich what does that matter that Drake is pushin units. only groupies care about stuff like that.

I really can't defend Common on this one.

Cube was understandable...but going at Drake?

Its so far left field...
eyes.gif

Drake sings. He raps.

Thats Drake.

Are we defining what "hip-hop" is now? I mean i'm pretty sure the fact that dude hasnt fallen off in over 2 years on the mainstream level is starting to piss some people off.

Drake is once again arguably the most polarizing figure in rap music.

People really hate this dude
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Gordonson

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

SO IT BEGINS.......(found this online)
Son, someone on KTT made this for a cover for Common's diss.
I hope this wasn't your attempt at instigation
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
My attempt at instigation? Because Common and Drake read NT, you got me. I saw it online, thought it was funny and I'm just saying it begins. I'm sure there will be mad photoshops and stuff

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Brandon3000 wrote:

common_4.jpg

dog, your common....

What's your point?  

my point is these OLD RAPPERS need to think of new ways to get a buzz than dissin and hopping on tracks wit pop acts

laugh.gif
@ Common trying to get a new way of getting buzz....OK. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Its so far left field...
eyes.gif

Drake sings. He raps.

Thats Drake.

Are we defining what "hip-hop" is now? I mean i'm pretty sure the fact that dude hasnt fallen off in over 2 years on the mainstream level is starting to piss some people off.

roll.gif
Do you even know how the Cube and Common beef started? Common made a song, and both Cube and Audrey took a line in that song personally so they responded to Common. Get Audrey's nuts off your forehead.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

what.......son song "say my name" at a concert?

and on the other hand talking about how rap use to be about "ruggedness & guns"? 

"Then you dropped Stay Schemin, switched your demenor............."  As if Marvin's Room wasn't bad enough, this is proof positive there should be no male Drake fans now that this has been discovered.  We need simp season to come to an end. 

from the tone of this thread i can see alot of yall feel like common should of took the sucka route and said drake wasnt in the category of people he was talkin bout.

but why? cause drake is young? cause he popular?

common spoke on the state of the game, drake took offense and spoke on it requesting that his name be mentioned. he got what he asked for.

why is everybody actin like drake is being victimized or unrightfully challenged.

this 'beef' is a direct result of actions drake took just as much as common. so now lets watch them bang out.

Originally Posted by FEETure

from the tone of this thread i can see alot of yall feel like common should of took the sucka route and said drake wasnt in the category of people he was talkin bout.

but why? cause drake is young? cause he popular?

common spoke on the state of the game, drake took offense and spoke on it requesting that his name be mentioned. he got what he asked for.

why is everybody actin like drake is being victimized or unrightfully challenged.

this 'beef' is a direct result of actions drake took just as much as common. so now lets watch them bang out.
Yeah, this may shape up to be similar to Common vs. Westside Connection

Then
I used to Love H.E.R.  ---->  Westside Slaughterhouse --->  ++$%% in YOO ----> Farrakhan mediation

Now
Sweet ---> Subliminal Diss tracks ---> Stay Schemin' Remix ---> ????

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Its so far left field...
eyes.gif

Drake sings. He raps.

Thats Drake.

roll.gif
Do you even know how the Cube and Common beef started? Common made a song, and both Cube and Audrey took a line in that song personally so they responded to Common. Get Audrey's nuts off your forehead.
I admit that "hit dogs started to holler"
but this is just wild 
roll.gif

I mean the single cover was titled..."garden tool" "butt" "black guy" 
roll.gif

Oh well

Common baited them talking that non-sense though. 

Chill on the d-riding tip though. 

Drake has been hated since he came in the game since dudes couldn't classify him one way or another. He is that controversial though...only to rap "purists" 

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

laugh.gif

But really Drake is kinda a part of the whole movement that's diluting the culture... IMO they are creating some derivative of hip-hop but I'm not mad cause we got cats like Kendrick Lamar balancing it out

Its so far left field...
eyes.gif

Drake sings. He raps.

Thats Drake.

roll.gif

but this is just wild 
roll.gif

roll.gif

Oh well

Drake has been hated since he came in the game since dudes couldn't classify him one way or another. He is that controversial though...only to rap "purists" 

He could've been talking about Wayne, Roscoe Dash, Black Cobain... He could've been talking about a lot of people up and coming or in the game right now.  Drake jumped up and attached himself to that song, he did that.  He ranted and raved about it at a show.  If he wouldn't have said @+%% no one would've been able to say it was about him out right but he put that light on him.  Which lead to that reporter asking Com that question referring to Drakes rant about him not being a !@@%! .

So how did Common bait him into anything?!?!?!

He's a grown man dog he doesn't need you to hold his hand.

If you're really going to sit here and act like Common wasn't talking about Drake on Sweet, you're kidding yourself. On some "he was just rapping and Drake took offense to it."...really? You don't believe that. And Common didn't take that route either. He sounded like he wanted to...but, he knows.

And Drake can rap. Really rap. So, you know, he might lose...but one thing's for sure...when/if he were to come out with a diss, it'd be better than those Common bars.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

but this is just wild 
roll.gif

roll.gif

Oh well

He could've been talking about Wayne, Roscoe Dash, Black Cobain... He could've been talking about a lot of people up and coming or in the game right now.  Drake jumped up and attached himself to that song, he did that.  He ranted and raved about it at a show.  If he wouldn't have said @+%% no one would've been able to say it was about him out right but he put that light on him.  Which lead to that reporter asking Com that question referring to Drakes rant about him not being a !@@%! .

So how did Common bait him into anything?!?!?!

He's a grown man dog he doesn't need you to hold his hand.

You might say I don't have a retort for anything you have to say or i'm stumped, but understand me when I say that I've genuinely said all I can say and that I really don't have anything for you.
Common is wilding out and swinging for no reason. 

Just like Ludacris was. 

But hey, you all want to see careers ended and all this other non-sense instead of being fans of the music itself. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

If you're really going to sit here and act like Common wasn't talking about Drake on Sweet, you're kidding yourself. On some "he was just rapping and Drake took offense to it."...really? You don't believe that. And Common didn't take that route either. He sounded like he wanted to...but, he knows. 

And Drake can rap. Really rap. So, you know, he might lose...but one thing's for sure...when/if he were to come out with a diss, it'd be better than those Common bars.

I'll just defer to this. 

Because in all honesty, we don't know what was going on behind the scenes with those two or if either of them had gotten into something and try to sneak diss each other. 

But to act like Serena doesn't play a part in this equation is equally as foolish.

Common wouldn't think to sneak diss dude at all if Drake wasn't in the picture. There have been artists long before Drake to be doing the same thing hes doing. 

But now Common has a problem.

Why?

Cause Drake smushed his chick. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Correction: EX-chick ... 
eyes.gif

Common was probably in the studio like "What's he got that I don't? What you don't love me no more? I ain't that dude no more? All he do is sing to women! I'm an OG. I rap better than him! I'm better than that light-skinned _____!, etc."  
laugh.gif

Ain't no hands being held here... Just don't blindly defend Common like hes not butt-hurt over something behind the scenes.

SOMETHING clearly pissed him off to sneak diss. 

I will admit, Drake has been trying to sneak more "edge" into his music lately and it sounds forced and at other times corny...but I blame that on rap fans who care more about credibility than the overall product of the music itself. 

If he defends himself, hes a lame. 

If he shows how tough he is, hes a lame. 

If he shows how sensitive he is, hes a lame.

Dude can't win for trying to do anything. 

And just so ya'll see me say it: Common got his boot off in Aubrey's tail end...
roll.gif
I know hearing that HAD to hurt...but still, I've gotta wonder where all of that even came from... 

Kanye goes at Wiz, and it's all good....part of the "game." Common goes at Drake over Serena and he's some old, bitter, sucker...

Really...all this over Serena Williams? Go at him over his "transformation" during the Badu fling...but Serena?? Nah, not buying it.

Because in all honesty, we don't know what was going on behind the scenes with those two or if either of them had gotten into something and try to sneak diss each other. 

But to act like Serena doesn't play a part in this equation is equally as foolish.

Common wouldn't think to sneak diss dude at all if Drake wasn't in the picture. There have been artists long before Drake to be doing the same thing hes doing

But now Common has a problem.

Why?

Cause Drake smushed his chick. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Correction: EX-chick ... 
eyes.gif

Ain't no hands being held here... Just don't blindly defend Common like hes not butt-hurt over something behind the scenes.

See this is exactly what I was talking about... You first say we don't know what happened behind the scenes... then you say but to act like Serena doesn't have something to do with it is foolish...

You just said NONE of us know whats going on behind the scenes,if they got into it over something and were sneak dissing each other in the past, but because Bun said something about Serena now acting like it doesn't have anything to do with her is foolish. You sound like you're trying to protect Aubrey and thats not a good look.  And this isn't about me trying to blindly defend Common because if you look you'll see I called boys out for not respecting Drake's pen game.

Common has a problem because Drake smashed his ex chick... Really?  Really? Common has a problem because Drake can actually rap and has advantage of having the masses on his side in general.  You saying that reminds me of something that people were pointing to in another battle that happened many years ago.  We all saw how that turned out, not to mention that the artist was much better with the words than the current one is.

People are in here talking in absolutes like they had a conversation with either artist as to what their motives were... Common just did a interview a little bit after the album dropped in which he was talking about how he was playing some of his new album for his daughter who's a teenager and she told him it was good but it wasn't better than Diggy... How do y'all know what his motivation for speaking on the game is.  And I'm not saying that its not possible for him to have had Drake in mind, but people just want it to be this one way street when all we have is speculation. 

New gen rappers are too self entitled they want vet cosigns ,advice,guest spots, want to be called the next legend yet don't wanna engage in any battling,no criticism ,no dislike.They want everyone to give them a free ride.its corny it's corporate it ain't hip hop. When did Brownnosing become acceptable? I love to see folks work together in hip hop but not working to dilute it and take away from it. That's being real if you wanna take the throne you can't claim it without battling for it. If not sit down and crossover to rnb. I don't care much for drake I don't hate him or like him I just think if you wanna talk this talk you gotta eventually back it up.Luda came at you and you said let me live.yet u popped up real fast to defend nicki minaj against a end of career lil Kim .Its a ridiculous sense of entitlement

The thing that irks me the most is this dude saying %*%* like "I hope when you see me you speak, N!&&A!" and "WE can't wait until WE run into you", like he's really going to do something. And who is WE Audrey? This dude is probably gonna try and drag YMCMB into it and hide behind them.

Back
Top Bottom