NEW DMP 08 PACK INFO.

The space jam XI's and white/red XII's would be a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

If I'm not mistaking, the Space Jams were produced before the black/red XI. He debuted the concords in the '95 Orlando series, the year he came back. They didn't fit within the unifom code so they made a black based concord. The black/red didn't come about until the '96 playoffs. So yeah, even though they weren't available for retail, they are very much OG.

This is an argument that really can't be won by either side. Half will say they're OG and half will say they'renot. In the end, it really doesn't matter that much.
That being said, I think it just depends on what you're basing O.G. status upon. I refer to an OG as acolorway that released to the public. Others simply refer to it as a color that was already in existence in some form, whether it released or not. I feel theway I feel because if people weren't able to buy it the first time around, it can't be a "re-release" if it wasn't released before. Thatwould be like saying the '05 grey toe XIII's aren't retro+ since there was a grey toe sample of the original model or that if the black/red XIIIlows release in the future that they aren't retro+ since he wore them in a few playoff games. That's like if five years from now, Nike retros the AZGwith the lasered lion on it or the Fruity Pebbles IV's and not considering it a retro+ since Bron wore it in-game.

While I understand the rationale that he wore them in-game, etc., I still see the '96 Space Jams as nothing more thana PE for the man himself. But to each his own, I suppose.

Colorways dont phase me. Actually in this day and age, unless I see the SHOE and COLOR, it doesn't matter. It's too good to be true..

fenixconnexion wrote:
CHI TOWN XS AND PLAYOFF 13S? why cant they do that instead?!!!
spacejams and white/reds are
pimp.gif
im happy about that
i'd be happy with either white or black cement IVs
and white/infrareds or carmines are still dope in my book, i'd just rather have sport blues

if the packs drop tommorow
Wow!!!
eek.gif
even if the Chi-towns dropped, could you imagine the serious rush at the gates......
frown.gif

I haven't heard DMP dropped lately, but combo packs seem to be the term...right...
ohwell.gif

NO INFAREDS!!!!! I WANT CARMINES!!!!!!!
If you want infareds, go get a pr of those B'loyals
grin.gif

you mean 2008 right?...
I would copp the X/XIII package if the XIII were the playoff.

Personally the Space Jams will always be a Retro + since they did not have an Original run with the public.

He did wear them in the movie (Different color Jumpman) and he did wear them in games. To me that makes them PE's.

9/14, 7/16, 6/17 & 11/12 are the only packs I'm f'ng with. I hope the Space Jam/Wht Red 11/12 pack is reality.

Originally Posted by solesurvi0r7

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

Correct me if I'm wrong but the packs are supposed to be a tribute to the original shoes. OG's. Spacejams were a 2000 retro
do you mean SJs were a retro+? they are an OG, this topic has been brought up plenty of times... and, the XIV will be a retro+ according to a few sources...

if you're wondering why they're being retroed AGAIN, white/black/true-red IXs have been retroed already as well, it's not gonna be the only shoe
Nah brotha, I meant a retro. The mid top XI's released in '96. The OG colrs were the concords, columbias, and white/black/red. The Spacejams didn't drop until 2000.

the XIV's are supposed to be white/true red/black. That color way has been produced and retroed; they said it's going to be a change in color placements or some crap but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm on the XI XII pack.
doesnt matter if the SJs didnt release to the public in '96, the spacejams are still an OG shoe (Mike wore them in the movie "Space Jam"), even though they changed the concord to royal blue...

and thanks for the XIV info
Dude OG shoes are those that released the first year the shoe premiered. Originally released dude. The Space jams were a retro plus color way.

boxt11-10.gif

Case closed.
If I'm not mistaking, the Space Jams were produced before the black/red XI. He debuted the concords in the '95 Orlando series, the year he came back. They didn't fit within the unifom code so they made a black based concord. The black/red didn't come about until the '96 playoffs. So yeah, even though they weren't available for retail, they are very much OG.

get_image

T026691A.jpg

6x142ad.jpg

6ycyiox.jpg

OG, case closed.

6x142ad.jpg

Did you notice Jordan wearing the "45" on his Space Jams, while he is wearing the "23" Jersey?

Thanks for the 411.

If it is TRUE,

eek.gif
WoW
eek.gif

SPACE JAMS!!!
pimp.gif
SMoKiN'
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jordan4life09

Mehh, Sport Blue 6s > Carmines in my opinion but cant go wrong with either really...
eyes.gif
No, not really.
Carmines>>>blk/infra reds>>>wht/infra reds>>>olympics>>>september blues

Originally Posted by indohan

Dude OG shoes are those that released the first year the shoe premiered. Originally released dude. The Space jams were a retro plus color way.

Retro+ is a shoe that colorway is new/fresh, did not exist since the year of OG shoes were released.
Ask yourself, did Space Jams already exist back then? If yes, CASE CLOSED.
well, not exactly. the black/infra reds were retro+

Originally Posted by Jay45Valdez23

Originally Posted by jordan4life09

Mehh, Sport Blue 6s > Carmines in my opinion but cant go wrong with either really...
eyes.gif
No, not really.
Carmines>>>blk/infra reds>>>wht/infra reds>>>olympics>>>september blues

Black/infrared>>>>any other 6

And i agree that spacejams are an retro colorway

I hope they go with the white/Infrared instead of the Carmines. IMO Black/Infrared > White/Infrared > Off White Maroon > White/Spt Blue > Carmines.However, with nike air on the back, you cant go wrong with either shoe. Period.

I cant wait for Nike Air.

Regardless of the colorways the XI/XII pack are gonna hit hard. Knowing that, I just wish they would mass produce that pack so that more people could getthem at retail.

damn still waiting on the 4s and 3s pack. and which Og 1s will be released... all the other packs can rot lol

^I think they said they're not gonna be doing a I/XXII pack, since they already did it with the Alpha/Omega release.

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

That all sounds amazing, I'd like to not get my hopes up until confirmation occurs. However, I dread the atmosphere in the "sneaker community" and outside of any Jordan retailer around the release of "much anticipated" packs. It's going to be madness, better start investing in lawn chairs, teflon, kevlar, and a tent.

I'm ready for anything lol...sounds good tho!
roll.gif

In terms of what colorway released with all of the rest of the models of that year, the Space Jams were OG PE's. Obviously, they didn't release to thepublic, but samples from that era were and maybe to a lesser extent still are floating around from that era.

Although they are the "retro" Space Jams....they are the public's "OG" version. So to a greater extent since they were worn by Jordanthey were player exclusive OG's. So to believe the Space Jams are OG would be correct.

Originally Posted by MrChery

damn still waiting on the 4s and 3s pack. and which Og 1s will be released... all the other packs can rot lol
I'm with you!!!! That and if they do a 5 pack!!! All i want are black/cement 3's and 4's and black and blue 1's and that's a wrapfor me!!!

Back
Top Bottom