New HBO series "Ballers" starring The Rock

That chick in the green dress from my city :lol:.

Low follow count...looks to be a Thot. Quest for fame"....shot will be shot :nerd:

Don't even know what happened....season 1 was mindless entertainment for me, but I didn't make it through 5 minutes of the episode on Sunday night.
laugh.gif

I might be punting on this series...
What was so bad that made you turn it off after 5 minutes?
U know what it was?

I just watched The Night Of right before....good acting/storyline/etc. To go from that to Ballers is like listening to Illmatic and having K.O.B.E. come on right after.
I actually think I enjoy Ballers more because of the Night Of 
laugh.gif

I need something light after going through the grim depths of darkness that show produces 
laugh.gif

Who got intel on ol girl by the elevator

http://instagram.com/nhyacedon

She just deleted most of her pics tho.
aqDwC.png

This show is admittedly become terrible, but I can't not watch. I like the women, the partying, and the cars. What can I say, I'm a wealth worshiper like the rest of America. That being said, I understand the Entourage comparisons, but even as morally weightless as that show was, it seemed like on Entourage there was always more at stake, I cared for the characters at least. The Rock is a good actor, but I can't help but feel that no matter the dilemma they are all actors who will be popping bottles after the episode is filmed.

Not gonna lie this show is pretty damn bad man. I bet the Rock wishes it gets cancelled lowkey so he can just continue doing those mega movies :lol:

What was that song playing at the credits? Was thinking it was the outkast song with different beat but hadn't heard this one before.

They have to find better people to play athletes

The actors who play Ricky and Vernon played football in college.

I'm aware of denzels son, he's not that bad of an actor either. Vernon is terrible and just seems like a big dude honestly. Ol boy tryna get back in the league is not believable at all and neither was the WR that had beef with ricky.

They never have actors that look like athletes, all the guys in The Game didnt look like football players and the guy in Survivors Remorse doesn't look like a NBA player either

Funny.
A show very similar to Entourage, with a fan base complaining about the acting.

Ya'll really watching Ballers for Academy Award winning acting? What the **** do you think you are watching, Saving Private Ryan?

Its a show about celebrities, football, women, partying, money... and you guys are upset about the quality of acting at the parties in the show.

MOST OF THE SHOW IS DUDES PARTYING, AND YOU DONT APPROVE OF THE ACTING AT THE PARTYING.

Never change. :lol:

Yeah they can't act for ****. Denzel son..I thought he'd be better but he can't act. And don't get me started on Vernon :lol: just awful dawg
chilll lol donovan is the homie. was a helluva player and a ever better person

its funny cause we saw the piliot's trailer and all of us were like HE ACTS?!
but we always happy to see him making moves on the screen.

regarding the show the game.. if u forgot they played football... ish was hilarious

Last edited:
Wanting better acting = academy award winning acting, cool.

There is only one person on the show that sometimes has cringe worthy acting, Vernon.

Everyone else is fine, im being completely objective. This show isnt that great, i watch to fill up time and its eye candy, so im not a stan.
But the acting isnt a big deal in this show. Everyone does fine, except for Vernon... and he plays a goofball player that is making idiotic decisions, so its really not that far off that he has bad acting for his character because he seems like a goofy *** character in general.

If you're watching Ballers for an artistic appreciation, then I guess that's where you went wrong.

The show never promoted itself as a dramatic masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, the name of the show is "Ballers" for Gods sake :lol:

You watch Ballers for the same reason you watch(ed) Entourage--Partying, women, sex scenes and celebrity guest appearances.

I will say that the beginning of season 2 has been dull. I don't even remember what happened.

Last edited:
There is only one person on the show that sometimes has cringe worthy acting, Vernon.

Everyone else is fine, im being completely objective. This show isnt that great, i watch to fill up time and its eye candy, so im not a stan.
But the acting isnt a big deal in this show. Everyone does fine, except for Vernon... and he plays a goofball player that is making idiotic decisions, so its really not that far off that he has bad acting for his character because he seems like a goofy *** character in general.

I agree with everything you've said.

Even in entourage a lot of times that dude Vince couldn't act and then remember the season with Sasha alone with Vinnies acting it was terrible but nobody really cared we were there for the entertainment :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom