New iPhone 4 Verified: Vol.RIP Gray Powell UPDATE!: Gizmodo is being reckless now...

gizmodo are a bunch of punks for putting dude out there like that. figures it'd be that fanboy **#$@ jesus diaz.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Why would you let anybody who looks like this even hold the next gen iphone..
laugh.gif

25103_114341458595693_114337175262788_162424_8096626_n.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone?skyline=true&s=ihttp://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone?skyline=true&s=i

p.s. to dude talking about he doesn't care about a front facing video camera is full of it.
laugh.gif

you may be lost...this phone is for gadget lovers and anybody whos a gadget lover should be excited about that feature alone.
in all honesty, this dude looks like the posterboy for apple products. he looks like he owns a macbook pro, iphone, ipod, and imac. 
but he's a baseband programmer, so that explains why he had it. he programs the baseband for iphones. he's actually smarter than he looks 
laugh.gif

but you know what they say, the smartest minds lack common sense... so that also explains why he lost the phone.  

p.s. to dude talking about he doesn't care about a front facing video camera is full of it.

you may be lost...this phone is for gadget lovers and anybody whos a gadget lover should be excited about that feature alone.

the +@%% are you talking about?

it's funny to read some of these replies. you can really tell who knows what they are talking about and who is just repeating what they are reading.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

gizmodo are a bunch of punks for putting dude out there like that. figures it'd be that fanboy **#$@ jesus diaz.
Like, I seriously believe dude wants to have an orgy with all the apple products he owns every time he posts anything apple related.

You've got fanboys, and then you have jesus diaz. Josh from Engadget isn't excluded either.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Like, I seriously believe dude wants to have an orgy with all the apple products he owns every time he posts anything apple related.

You've got fanboys, and then you have jesus diaz. Josh from Engadget isn't excluded either.
smh.gif

it's ridiculous how much of a fan boy dude is. i remember before the ipad came out, he made a post about what he wanted his ipad to have. one of his top "wants" was a widescreen display.

fast forward to release day. apple gives a !%$! 4:3 screen.. then all of a sudden "widescreen ipad would be %$@%%@# stupid" why? because apple says so? dude must be blowing somebody @ gawker. all he "writes" about are apple related posts and legos. %$@%%@#. legos.

smh.gif

it's ridiculous how much of a fan boy dude is. i remember before the ipad came out, he made a post about what he wanted his ipad to have. one of his top "wants" was a widescreen display.

fast forward to release day. apple gives a !%$! 4:3 screen.. then all of a sudden "widescreen ipad would be %$@%%@# stupid" why? because apple says so? dude must be blowing somebody @ gawker. all he "writes" about are apple related posts and legos. %$@%%@#. legos.
all these tech blogs center around the number of hits they bring in...and nothing brings web traffic like apple news

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

smh.gif

all these tech blogs center around the number of hits they bring in...and nothing brings web traffic like apple news

i totally understand that.

but one thing is putting up news.

another is sitting and kissing apple's @%* with every post you make.

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

smh.gif

i totally understand that.

but one thing is putting up news.

another is sitting and kissing apple's @%* with every post you make.
i thought Brian Lam  was the biggest apple fanboy there

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Dude up there is right... If any blackberry or HTC would have came out with these features before this released yall would have came in and said

HTC and Blackberry>>>> iphone

Bragging about all the features and what not... but of course since apple does it first... they are just useless features that people don't care about

either way this phone is copped
pimp.gif
The Evo 4G is the first announced and will be released phone in America to have a front facing camera. They announced this weeks ago, Apple still hasn't said %+%*, so technically HTC beat Apple to the punch.

Although I have a HD2, I'm not all crazy about HTC as I thought I would (crappy **! HD2), I went back to my iPhone.

^ur not crazy about windows mobile... trust if u copped an htc wit android ud be in love...

coming from an iphone anybody would hate winmo... its sluggish... it has its pluses compared to the iphone (multitasking) but android trumps all that %++!...

laugh.gif

http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone?skyline=true&s=ihttp://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone?skyline=true&s=i

laugh.gif

I'm really not that excited about the front facing camera though.  Now I can't even lie about where I'm at.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Wait so this is all we get

• Front-facing video chat camera DONT CARE
• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS) DONT CARE
• Camera flash DONT CARE
• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad) DONT CARE but don't really know what the difference is
• Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x460 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS. DONT CARE
• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack CARE
• Split buttons for volume DONT CARE
• Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic DONT CARE AT ALL
laugh.gif
 I've said it before, and I'll say it again, dudes hate on the iPhone just to hate. 
if these were upgrades to a blackberry or HTC phone it would be getting tons of 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
's and 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
's

but instead, these are improvements that people have been begging for from apple, and when apple gives the people what they have been asking for, you still arent satisfied.

go sit down
laugh.gif

what the $%@+ do you want it to have? digital cable? a !$*%%@# toaster? want it to come with a bag full of money? 

hell, the phone can multitask, finally has a flash camera, front facing camera with video chat for ichat (which obviously will be apples answer to BBM... hence why ichat is only on apple products (duh...), removable battery, better battery life, new design (because everyone complained at the 3GS looking like the 3G), gamecenter which is like xbox live for iphone game apps, and a bunch of other upgrades in 4.0 firmware...

how much do you want to bet that after this phone drops, every one of apple's competitors will make phones with video chat capabilities with dual cameras for it? I give HTC 3-4 months before they come up with a new "killer" for this, and I give Google until December to upgrade that crappy Nexus One to the Nexus "Two" or some %$$# to compete. 

they made the candybar, all touch screen phone and everyone followed suit, this will be next. and all of the haters will eat up the competition, because thats all you care about, seeing apples competition "take them down"
laugh.gif

ohyeah, but i can't sound like an apple fanboy... 

/exits thread. 

HTC has never been concerned with making "iPhone Killers"......they've had phones with front facing cameras for years now. Over in Europe/Asian that's a standard and the already announced/revealed that the SuperSonic for Sprint will have a front facing cam last month. Hell, there are app that let you use your phone as a webcam....but I'm sure that Apple has something like that too.

Jking has an iPhone 3GS, so I wouldn't say that he's hating.

Wasn't PIN the answer to BBM?

Why wouldn't Google make a Nexus Two or another Google phone?

Apple wasn't the first to make a all touch screen phone, and I'm pretty positive about that.

Yes, I maybe an HTC fanboy but I acknowledge other phones....I recommend other phones besides HTC all the time.

THANK YOU

Calm down people.  I am disappointed that's all. 

You people getting all butt hurt because i dislike the phone.  I HAVE AN IPHONE. I LIKE APPLE PRODUCTS.  This isn't doing it for me

I put MY OPINION on A MESSAGE BOARD.  People get straight offended over it now a days.

Your saying all these things like multi-tasking and game center my 3GS will get all of that its the OS update.  I LOVE THE 4.0 OS happy?   Like i said about 4 times in this thread.  I heard that the entire back of the phone would be touch sensitive like the new MAC mouse that came out.  That to me could have been revolutionary with all the smart savvy people that work at apple.  Well that didn't happen and nothing about this 4.0 PHONE (not firmware) is revolutionary.  Yes I had high expectations sue me.

• Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS) DONT CARE
• Camera flash DONT CARE
• Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad) DONT CARE but don't really know what the difference is
• Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x460 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS. DONT CARE
• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack CARE
laugh.gif
 I've said it before, and I'll say it again, dudes hate on the iPhone just to hate. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
's and 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
's

but instead, these are improvements that people have been begging for from apple, and when apple gives the people what they have been asking for, you still arent satisfied.

go sit down
laugh.gif

what the $%@+ do you want it to have? digital cable? a !$*%%@# toaster? want it to come with a bag full of money? 

hell, the phone can multitask, finally has a flash camera, front facing camera with video chat for ichat (which obviously will be apples answer to BBM... hence why ichat is only on apple products (duh...), removable battery, better battery life, new design (because everyone complained at the 3GS looking like the 3G), gamecenter which is like xbox live for iphone game apps, and a bunch of other upgrades in 4.0 firmware...

how much do you want to bet that after this phone drops, every one of apple's competitors will make phones with video chat capabilities with dual cameras for it? I give HTC 3-4 months before they come up with a new "killer" for this, and I give Google until December to upgrade that crappy Nexus One to the Nexus "Two" or some %$$# to compete. 

they made the candybar, all touch screen phone and everyone followed suit, this will be next. and all of the haters will eat up the competition, because thats all you care about, seeing apples competition "take them down"
laugh.gif

/exits thread. 

HTC has never been concerned with making "iPhone Killers"......they've had phones with front facing cameras for years now. Over in Europe/Asian that's a standard and the already announced/revealed that the SuperSonic for Sprint will have a front facing cam last month. Hell, there are app that let you use your phone as a webcam....but I'm sure that Apple has something like that too.

Apple wasn't the first to make a all touch screen phone, and I'm pretty positive about that.

Yes, I maybe an HTC fanboy but I acknowledge other phones....I recommend other phones besides HTC all the time.

THANK YOU

Calm down people.  I am disappointed that's all. 

You people getting all butt hurt because i dislike the phone.  I HAVE AN IPHONE. I LIKE APPLE PRODUCTS.  This isn't doing it for me

I put MY OPINION on A MESSAGE BOARD.  People get straight offended over it now a days.

Your saying all these things like multi-tasking and game center my 3GS will get all of that its the OS update.  I LOVE THE 4.0 OS happy?   Like i said about 4 times in this thread.  I heard that the entire back of the phone would be touch sensitive like the new MAC mouse that came out.  That to me could have been revolutionary with all the smart savvy people that work at apple.  Well that didn't happen and nothing about this 4.0 PHONE (not firmware) is revolutionary.  Yes I had high expectations sue me.

hey, do you. 
this phone will be copped though. apple finally got everything together and is releasing a complete solid phone. 

sorry its not good enough for you. 

Story doesn't add up. If they really bricked the phone with mobileme, then they also had the ability to track the phone with mobileme and see where it was... just saying.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm really not that excited about the front facing camera though.  Now I can't even lie about where I'm at.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
you're right.
smh.gif

• Camera flash DONT CARE
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
's and 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
's

go sit down
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

/exits thread. 

phones in europe and asia have always been years ahead of the american market. but we are talking about the american market here, where everything is 2-3 years behind. 
but i get your point with that though, but lets also take this into consideration, the asian carriers have a much better connection than the US. their service is 3x as good as ours, and their data connectivity is years ahead of ours. so of course they have had television and video chat years before us. because they have had the connection speeds to handle it. 

but this rumored front facing camera has been in talks for over a year now almost. it started as a rumor (just as everything apple does) and its here now. 

and lets be dead honest here. who owned a full touch screen candybar phone before the iphone? sure, there were 2-3 weak ##+ touch screen phones out, but who made it right? who brought the multitouch? app stores? real web browsing? a real hard drive with gigs of storage for music and video?

you can't tell me the iphone wasn't the first real pioneer in this category of multimedia smart phones we have now. 

and if Jking has an iphone 3gs, why would he not be impressed with all of the flaws being fixed within the phone? does he not want a better product now? what does he want the phone to do? because at this point, with this new iphone + its new firmware + the upgraded processor (even more), + the amount of new apps taking advantage of the multitasking... the hell else could you ask for in a phone? more hard drive space? possibly, but then the phone would be more expensive... isn't this new iphone coming in 64gb hdd?

And will AT&T be able to handle iChat on the new phone. We all know that it will sell like crazy, LTE won't be out until 2011.

In 2007, everyone had flip phones, sidekicks, candybar(slider) phones, people didn't know #@+% about phones and they still don't
laugh.gif
. BB's were increasing later that year and of course the iPhone came out that summer. Like I said I acknowledge other phones and what they did/do, so of course I acknowledge what the iPhone has accomplished.

Microsoft never had an app store until recently but other companies have, but not nicely integrated into the phone. I don't know when Nokia had their app store up, but in terms of music and video, Nokia has been doing there thing for a while now. But yet again there isn't much growth for them in the USA. Could one make the argument that if other companies had the Apple/iPhone marketing team and app developers, they would be doing better or as good, very possibly. Internet Explorer sucks no matter where you go
laugh.gif
but Opera Mobile has been around for a while and was awarded best smartphone browser in 2007/8. I personally favor Skyfire because it has flash but that's just me.

Why are you asking me all these questions about dude, I don't know him, ask him
laugh.gif

Edit: He answered, being disappointed is totally understandable.
People generally look forward to new releases, upgrades and what not. Except in my case, where Microsoft has a totally new OS, which is cool but it really $$*%% on us power/loyal users. Like no, OEM/3rd Party skins/UI's, HTC Sense is great and the concept of Samsungs TouchWiz is cool, even though the overall UI is eh. The hardware requirements are great though. Apple didn't downgrade anything or really neglect it's loyal user, so somethings may be deemed unneccessary or not important to others but still the overall product is very noteworthy but some may feel otherwise, which is fine.

Back
Top Bottom