New Jay-Z:Open Letter

I havent listened to it yet judging by yall reactions it must be legit...ima check it out in a few

as big of a Hov fan as a person can be but there is absolutely nothing special whatsoever about this record.

THIS song had the radio and internet in a frenzy? nah

beat is incredibly boring and he didn't say anything that we didn't already know.

even the flow was boring and that's something I would never expect from someone of his caliber.

Nets/Obama bars were the only true highlights.

I woke up and saw a few people on instagram hyping up the song already so I was expecting something crazy. It was good, but not as amazing as people are making it out to be.

Solid, better then most of recent stuff tho

Comparing himself to Bob Dylan is a little much

Last edited:
Borrowing a Nas line eh, Jay?  

Catch a body,head to Houston-Nas, NY State of Mind
nah "he's just bigging him up" and "you're a hater" for noticing. His greatness is over your head.

eyes.gif

I love this beat more and more every time I listen to it.

I can't wait for the instrumental because the lyrics leave a lot to be desired imo.

Read the lyrics before I heard the song... My imagination was better than what hov/swizz/timbo/treysongz actually came up with.... I really like the lyrics but how everthing came together, I don't feel as much. Maybe should actually made it a letter

Last edited:
classic case of a song having the name Jay-Z on it and people going 
eek.gif
nthat.gif
 for it.

Take away the president part, if that had been ANY other rapper, 99.9% of NT would say it's corny. 

If Mackelmore would've spit the SAME exact lyrics (again, except the President part,) most of you guys would call the radio stations BEGGING for it to be taken off. 

Last edited:
classic case of a song having the name Jay-Z on it and people going 
eek.gif
nthat.gif

for it.

Take away the president part, if that had been ANY other rapper, 99.9% of NT would say it's corny. 

If Mackelmore would've spit the SAME exact lyrics (again, except the President part,) most of you guys would call the radio stations BEGGING for it to be taken off. 

The thing is, you keep having to say "except the President part."

Jay-Z has to be the only rapper who is criticized to this degree for better or worse. It's like people expecting Kobe to drop 81 points EVERY game.

Last edited:
Is this even a real song, tho?

I feel like y'all are judging this like his next single or something.

Its feels more like a quick response to the gossip that's been swirling around his name recently. Like a watered down version of those freestyles he used to drop in the late 90's early 00's on Clue and what not.

It's cool for what it is IMO.

Back
Top Bottom