New Jordan 14 Colorway - Black Vibrant Yellow 7/4/14 release date

I want these. I like them crazy how a full size run on NDC of all places. Hope to cop in 2 weeks because I plan on getting the kings crowns , wtkd and influences unfortunely on the after market and hopefully 35k degrees and michael jacksons for retail next week. Man if these sit for 2 weeks that means military + reward card through stock locate!

Well fellas i would like to retract part of my previous statement and say that they are MUCH better in person and these will def be one if those pairs people are kicking themselves for not getting. I walked in Kicks USA in south Jersey and only half the raffle was filled and they still had 3 pair in sz 13. That's an automatic purchase for me no matter what.. Didn't even look at them until later today and I was def feeling them and the more I analyzed the more I liked. The yellow around the mid is a little uneven but yellow is a hard color to nail perfect, but the nubuck, toungue and the 3m lined holes are really done well. These will be for some cooler summer nights or may just wait til the fall...

Regarding the comment about "just wear a white tee", for the grown folk out there that are conscientious of our style the fashion world is driven by seasons. U know winter, spring, fall, and summer. Each season has materials, colors, blends and textiles that are made to help us look and feel good within those seasons. That's why u see all the fly knits and mesh air max in April and December because they really wouldn't do you much good in most of the country with freezing temps and snow and rain. Suede is heavy and black suede is just about as heat constricting as it gets so most aren't excited for this because you can't picture yourself down the shore walking in the 95 degree boardwalk with these on. But let's say a South Beach Lebron (which this years maybe one of the ugliest shoe ever released) people are ready to cop them and grab some gear to match and head out.

Like I said, pleasantly suprised and I'm gonna keep them for a little brother to my J4 thunders and find an upcoming cool night to lace'em up! View media item 1061780

over some 14's ?

FAIRFIELD, Alabama - A 15-year-old boy was shot early today at Fairfield's Western Hills Mall while he waited outside in line for the latest Air Jordan sneaker release.

The boy was wounded in the foot just after 2 a.m. and taken to Children's of Alabama, said Fairfield police Chief Leon Davis. Two people are in custody and being questioned.

The police chief said the teen was one of about 50 people spending the night in line outside of the mall waiting for the release of the Air Jordan Retro, one of eight Jordan sneaker releases scheduled nationwide in July. The black, vibrant yellow and white shoes sell for $170 per pair.

Davis said there are conflicting stories about how the shooting happened. Some witnesses said the suspects drove through the parking lot and opened fire, while others said they didn't recall what happened, he said.

Either way, Davis said police shut down the sale of the newly-released shoes for later this morning. He said he believed there were a couple other sites around Jefferson County also hosting the much-anticipated release events, but he said it wouldn't be happening in Fairfield.

Similar acts of violence have taken place at shoes releases throughout the country. In April, a Brooklyn teen was shot as he tried to buy a pair of Kanye West-designed sneakers from a Brooklyn Foot Locker. He was looking to buy the new Nike Air Foamposite Pro "Yeezy" sneakers when the shooting took place at 6 a.m.

In December, the highly anticipated release of the Nike brand's new design, the Gamma Blue 11, sparked brawls in shoe stores from California to the Bronx as customers battled each other to buy the $170 sneakers, according to the New York Daily News.

In October, two people were shot outside a Wilmington store while they were camped out waiting for the release of a new Nike Air Jordan sneaker. About a dozen people were camped out waiting for the store to open with the release of the Air Jordan V "Bel-Air," which sells for $185 a pair.

Davis said Fairfield police will be working with the management at Western Hills Mall to discourage future events. The chief said the shoe releases are trouble waiting to happen – teens gathered in groups, spending the night outside with large amounts of money on hand.

"They're setting themselves up for robbery and everything else,'' a frustrated Davis said. "Parents need to be more cautious about what they are allowing their children to do."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/teen_shot_outside_fairfield_ma.html

over some 14's ?
"Over some 14's".. Like it's not a big deal because it didnt happen over some Yeezy's or Banned 1's? This is ridiculous but it doesnt sound like it happened because of the shoe, some bored hillbillies opened fire on a crowd and just happened to hit a kid. Still **** though 

Last edited:
A lot of inaccuracies in that article. They've gotta get better news reporters :smh:

"Over some 14's".. Like it's not a big deal because it didnt happen over some Yeezy's or Banned 1's? This is ridiculous but it doesnt sound like it happened because of the shoe, some bored hillbillies opened fire on a crowd and just happened to hit a kid. Still **** though 

in my lifetime people have been killed over reebok pumps, converse chucks, nike cortez, la gear, etc

i think people just like to ignore that most of the time the people killing these people for shoes dont care what the brands are as long as they can make money off of what they rob you for.

First in line at extra butter for these joints. Can't wait to have em in my possession

Hillbillies dont go to malls they live in the mountains in seclusion, and there arent even any mountains or hillbillies in Alabama. Rednecks maybe. Bored hillbillies riding around shooting people at 2 AM? U sound like a bigot. And an idiot.

Last edited:
All I have to say about that article ^^^^ is they summed it all up it in the first 2 words…..  FAIRFIELD, Alabama 
eek.gif

You know what's good when Finishline doesn't have a waiting screen for a AJ Retro drop.
Either way, hyped or apparently not, I'm glad I grabbed a pair.

You know what's good when Finishline doesn't have a waiting screen for a AJ Retro drop.
Either way, hyped or apparently not, I'm glad I grabbed a pair.
Least hyped shoes of the year, along side of all the 2s they dropped this year except the OG White/Red 2s. Im a lil surprised these didnt do better.

I cannot beleive ANYONE camped for these..

I remember when last shots released in 2011.. they sat for a few weeks.

Ppl outside of major cities don't have many spots to choose from or get very few pairs, hence the camping

They dropped less than a week before the Concords and 8 days before Christmas.

Also, the shoe scene was much different, even in 2011. Midnight releases, no bots, minimal camping...it was still at a point you could roll to your local store mid morning and pick up that day's release.

The Concords changed the game up.

They dropped less than a week before the Concords and 8 days before Christmas.

Also, the shoe scene was much different, even in 2011. Midnight releases, no bots, minimal camping...it was still at a point you could roll to your local store mid morning and pick up that day's release.

The Concords changed the game up.
QFT repped. And that "good ole days" talk is really getting OLD. Damn, i mean just adapt to the new shoe game or move on. But for G_ds sake quit your damn *****in about it.

WHAT THE WHAT??

how old are you?  10?

how can 14s NOT be classics????????????????????

I explained why: They weren't released until after he retired from the Bulls. I am well aware that, in order to build hype for them the next year, Jordan wore them during the 1998 playoffs. But they were not released to the public until November 1998.

That's my take, as i also said, no disrespect to anyone who feels otherwise. Hope you enjoyed copping the 14s today. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom