New NBA rule change to ensure Lebron's Championship this year.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

thats pathetic
smh.gif
......seriously.....#1 reason i can't stand lebron

Did anybody read the article or stop and think about what this actually means? Nothing is going to change at all, really. The refs already let guys do this, itjust wasn't an official rule.

That LeBron traveling video sucks. Besides the crappy Asian music, most of those aren't travels. They are counting before he even picks up his dribble

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

As if Kobe hasn't taken 2-3 steps
laugh.gif

The blind hate is comedy
laugh.gif
Kobe goes from L.A. to Boston and Back with all of his frequent flyer miles
laugh.gif

The NBA reinforces my thoughts of it being a showpony league with this crap.

If u ment to be tha best u should be able to dominate without illegal moves and extra steps.

It started with MJ n now its running rife in the NBA
tired.gif

So many dudes drag or zigzag there pivot foot after catching the ball and its become acceptable thats a travel,more than 2 steps a travel.

This is why team USA get so many violations called at World Championships and Olympic tournys because FIBA refs are strict on the rules they dont care watnames on the back of there jersey.

Making it official even though its been happening is just a dumb move it should be cut out tha game not OKed by the powers that be.

Peace
Scottie

This thread is a perfect example of NTers looking at the first few responses and siding with whatever the popular opinion is.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by KicksforKicks

You guys are really overreacting. You guys make it seem like they are going to catch the ball without moving, take 2 huge steps around the defender, then begin to dribble. Not only is that NOT what this change implies, and if it did, it would be such an unnatural change for players who have been playing ball their whole lives that they would not even be able to do it.

All this is rule is saying is that players who are MOVING and catch the ball can take two steps before shooting, dribbling, or passing. This has been happening on basically ever fast break for 30 years.
i can see lebron on a fast break, catching the ball near the 3 point line... dribble, take another 2 steps and dunking it... is it me or is it gonna look like football
Are you serious? Have you ever watched basketball? You're blinded by your LeBron hate. Its pathetic.
and you have tunnel vision... did you not see the video above? add some dribbling and thats what it is gonna look like
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
your Avy + your response got me rollin
laugh.gif
but really this isclassic nt...anything lebron or kobe related and the reaction is usually ridiculous

--I dont see any "blatant hate" for Bron up in here. Just funny as hell youtube videos.
--And for the sake of argument, I like Bron. He is that dude. Complete beast in the open floor.

I don't understand why the NBA would make their rules different than every other league in the entire world? the game of basketball is based on the idea of1 step since as long as I can remember.

It just goes to prove how big of a joke that league has become.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I don't understand why the NBA would make their rules different than every other league in the entire world? the game of basketball is based on the idea of 1 step since as long as I can remember.

I can't EVER remember seeing a guy get called for a travel for taking 2 steps after picking up the dribble at any level of basketball. Guys consistentlytake 2 steps in college and HS too. Nothing about the NBA is gonna change because of this "new" rule. Face it, the 1 step rule is completely outdatedand the refs never adhered to it.

First off I will say this, I am not a fan of Lebron. I honestly could care less about him. I know a lot of guys get away with travelling in the NBA but Ireally do think he gets away with more then most. Its crazy to watch some of the you tube videos that show all of his travels. None are "kindaclose", they are all pretty obvious in my opinion. For a guy so big, strong and athletic does he really need to travel? And for the record there is nosuch thing as a crab dribble as he explains it. Its a figment of his imagination

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I don't understand why the NBA would make their rules different than every other league in the entire world? the game of basketball is based on the idea of 1 step since as long as I can remember.

I can't EVER remember seeing a guy get called for a travel for taking 2 steps after picking up the dribble at any level of basketball. Guys consistently take 2 steps in college and HS too. Nothing about the NBA is gonna change because of this "new" rule. Face it, the 1 step rule is completely outdated and the refs never adhered to it.
uh, i can. at almost any level but the NBA where they pretty much let you do anything you want, especially if it's a move to the basket.

I agree that little would change about the NBA's calls, but that doesn't mean they're making the right decision. if anything they need to becomemore strict, not less, about how they officiate traveling/palming/double dribbling. It's absurd that they butcher the game the way they do with all theirlazy ball handling and footwork techniques.

1 step is how the game was designed, and there's no reason to change it just to make the lives of NBA officials easier when dealing with players whocan't adhere to it.

I agree with you on the palming. It drives me insane when guys get away with the Dwyane Wade/Tony Parker move: when a guy is coming down the lane and scoopsthe ball from one side of his body completely across to the other side. And they need to do a MUCH better job of cutting out the 3+ step travels like the onesposted in this thread. I just don't see a problem with a guy taking 2 steps. It seems pretty natural to me. That's how kids are taught to play from thetime they're 7 years old nowadays and I see it happen in every basketball game that I watch, regardless of the level.

Back
Top Bottom