New NBA rule change to ensure Lebron's Championship this year.

dudes are getting all excited over nothing, they basically just took away an obsolete rule in the rule book. I can remember watching basketball as far back as1987 or 1988 and I can't recall ever seeing a travel called on a 2 step drive to the basket.

to echo others, I could see the possible concern being that the refs will start allowing extra steps on the new rule, but honestly, I don't think that willhappen. I think they just cleaned up the rule to reflect how the game is actually called and has been called forever. this could've been to clarify thegame rules for the newb refs so they didn't have to make those types of decisions since they lack the experience.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Executive76 wrote:
So when Bron gets to travel people are mad...now everyone gets to travel and they're still mad?
op is probably a Lakers fan
laugh.gif

No, a Wizards fan. and i can go on forever about the stuff lebron has gotten away with vs Washington alone. and i am a lebron fan.

this is wierd...people were doing this anyway but now that its the standard, there is more slack for even worse traveling.

I have 3 opinions-
1. The players get away with this at least 50 % of the time already, so changing it on paper isn't that big of a deal
2. I can't say for sure, but if the league made this change just for Lebron thats BS. I really do not like Lebron at all.
3. The best players/athletes in the world do not need even more of an advantage, they are already good enough

That's actually amazing. There aren't many people who can stop that move consistently when Lebron pulls it off right.

First the NBA suggests not shaking hands with other players after the LeBron/Magic fiasco, now they're changing the travel rule to accommodate a move fromhis repertoire.

Might as well just change it now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

4016329128_98b27a0839_m.jpg

the rule that changed was the rule that says you can only take one step after picking up your dribble. for 20+ years, the NBA has consistently ignored thisrule and allowed players to take 2 steps after picking up their dribble before shooting or passing. one thing that developed from allowing the 2 steps is thata player can pick up his dribble and take 2 steps and then plant both feet firmly before going up to the basket or passing. what Lebron calls a "crabdribble" is essentially a variation of this, but it doesn't fall within the rules because he basically takes 2 steps and then another step instead ofplanting both feet before jumping up to the rim (because he wants to carry his momentum all the way to the rim instead of stopping all the way and jumping likemost players do). please correct me if i'm interpreting something wrong here, otherwise, that move is still going to be a travel, according to the rules.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

That's actually amazing. There aren't many people who can stop that move consistently when Lebron pulls it off right.

First the NBA suggests not shaking hands with other players after the LeBron/Magic fiasco, now they're changing the travel rule to accommodate a move from his repertoire.

Might as well just change it now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

4016329128_98b27a0839_m.jpg

more like...
106lebron.jpg

nba_031029_cle-at-sac-02.jpg

This one would be cool....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

What the hell is everyone flipping out about? This changes absolutely nothing. 2 steps when you stop dribbling...that's been the unofficial rule for as long as I can remember.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

the rule that changed was the rule that says you can only take one step after picking up your dribble. for 20+ years, the NBA has consistently ignored this rule and allowed players to take 2 steps after picking up their dribble before shooting or passing. one thing that developed from allowing the 2 steps is that a player can pick up his dribble and take 2 steps and then plant both feet firmly before going up to the basket or passing. what Lebron calls a "crab dribble" is essentially a variation of this, but it doesn't fall within the rules because he basically takes 2 steps and then another step instead of planting both feet before jumping up to the rim (because he wants to carry his momentum all the way to the rim instead of stopping all the way and jumping like most players do). please correct me if i'm interpreting something wrong here, otherwise, that move is still going to be a travel, according to the rules.

I think you are right. When u drive to the hoop, it has always "unofficially" been 2 and a half steps.. pick up your dribble, right step, left step,jump off left foot for a right handed drive

NBA players will be able to take two steps before they have to stop, pass or shoot this season.

Okay, for a second I thought the NBA was allowing players to take 2 steps then dribble then take anadditional 2 steps.

You guys are really overreacting. You guys make it seem like they are going to catch the ball without moving, take 2 huge steps around the defender, then beginto dribble. Not only is that NOT what this change implies, and if it did, it would be such an unnatural change for players who have been playing ball theirwhole lives that they would not even be able to do it.

All this is rule is saying is that players who are MOVING and catch the ball can take two steps before shooting, dribbling, or passing. This has been happeningon basically ever fast break for 30 years.

Someone tell me how this is any different then what players have always done. They have always taken at LEAST 2 steps

Originally Posted by KicksforKicks

You guys are really overreacting. You guys make it seem like they are going to catch the ball without moving, take 2 huge steps around the defender, then begin to dribble. Not only is that NOT what this change implies, and if it did, it would be such an unnatural change for players who have been playing ball their whole lives that they would not even be able to do it.

All this is rule is saying is that players who are MOVING and catch the ball can take two steps before shooting, dribbling, or passing. This has been happening on basically ever fast break for 30 years.
i can see lebron on a fast break, catching the ball near the 3 point line... dribble, take another 2 steps and dunking it... is it me or is itgonna look like football

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

First the NBA suggests not shaking hands with other players after the LeBron/Magic fiasco, now they're changing the travel rule to accommodate a move from his repertoire.

1. That report said that the NBA wanted players to fist bump instead of shaking hands to help prevent the spreading of the flu
2. That report was wrong and the NBA never said that. It was published in the Boston paper but the NBA never sent it out to the teams.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by KicksforKicks

You guys are really overreacting. You guys make it seem like they are going to catch the ball without moving, take 2 huge steps around the defender, then begin to dribble. Not only is that NOT what this change implies, and if it did, it would be such an unnatural change for players who have been playing ball their whole lives that they would not even be able to do it.

All this is rule is saying is that players who are MOVING and catch the ball can take two steps before shooting, dribbling, or passing. This has been happening on basically ever fast break for 30 years.
i can see lebron on a fast break, catching the ball near the 3 point line... dribble, take another 2 steps and dunking it... is it me or is it gonna look like football

What are you talking about? A dribble, 2 steps, and a dunk? That's been happening with every single player on every fast break since...forever. Not evenjust the NBA, but in college and high school too. When was the last time you saw any player at any level take only 1 step on a fast break? Probably 99.9% ofthe time, the guy takes 2 steps. The NBA is just getting their rulebook in line with reality.

Thy have been allowing this for year........Im my mind, a jump stop if the same as taking two steps if you think about it.

Whatver...........People always complain about somthing, i dont expect that to change any time.

Back
Top Bottom