new nexus for $299 w/ out contract? insta-robo-copped

Damn if T-Mobile still has that 30 dollar 100 min unlimited everything else in a year when my contract is up I'm copping whatever the newest nexus is and jumping on that.

For people complaining about the lack and storage and LTE. What were you expecting for $300-350 unlocked?

The phone is meant to be affordable.

I agree on LTE, but c'mon man making it 32GB wouldn't have cost Google more than a extra $5 in production costs. At the most.
Google isn't going to undercut their partners when Nexus sales are only a small portion of total Android phone sales.

If you want LTE and more storage go with the "premium" devices for the premium price.

I will just manage my media storage more on my Nexus. 

Google isn't going to undercut their partners when Nexus sales are only a small portion of total Android phone sales.

If you want LTE and more storage go with the "premium" devices for the premium price.

I will just manage my media storage more on my Nexus. 

I just said I agreed on the LTE part.

Adding more storage isn't undercutting their partners, it's providing and expected amount of storage space in today's market on a relatively high end device.

Y'all "Google can do no wrong" fanboys are getting as bad as iPhone fanboys :smh:

Just upgraded my camera to the 4.2 camera on my GNex. My keyboard too with the swype input.

The only thing that upsets me is that this greatly drops the value of my GNex. If I wanted to sell it for 300 bucks a few weeks ago , I could. Now that the N4. Has been announced for this same price I might be able to get 250 max.

I plan on getting the 8 gb though. How do you think we can make up the lack or internal memory size? I don't keep much music on here . But aside from google drive and dropbox what can I do ?

Any of you cats rocking with prepaid service?

I'm thinking about copping this phone and cutting ties with Sprint, but I'm still trying to see if prepaid is the way to go.

Although that $30 everything with T-Mobile homey mentioned above looks pretty interesting. :nerd:

I'm thinking about copping this phone and cutting ties with Sprint, but I'm still trying to see if prepaid is the way to go.
Although that $30 everything with T-Mobile homey mentioned above looks pretty interesting. :nerd:

I'm on the $30 Tmobile plan and it fits my needs perfectly. I was paying $70 a month with at&t. Contract ended so i ditched them and went prepaid.

one thing dudes gotta realize and understand with Prepaid is dont expect any customer service. I will say if anything Tmobile is the best because you can go into a store but even then they cant help you and their prepaid customer service is outsourced. While straight talk and all them if you go into the store for the carriers that they use the towers from the reps will look at you like "if this broke dude dont get out my face " because they cant do nothing for ya. So just understand your on your own and you are good.

I cant do the prepaid because I`m not trying to switch my number like that ever time I wanna go to a new carrier and the port in process for prepaid is dredful. And often times prepaid cant take advantage of carrier roaming agreements so if you travel chances are your serivce might suck outside of major cities, and even then ATT and Tmobile suck. Dudes saying LTE is overrated dont understand its not just about speed. LTE handles data in populated areas much better so you dont see a drop in quality of speeds during peak hours.

Just upgraded my camera to the 4.2 camera on my GNex. My keyboard too with the swype input.

The only thing that upsets me is that this greatly drops the value of my GNex. If I wanted to sell it for 300 bucks a few weeks ago , I could. Now that the N4. Has been announced for this same price I might be able to get 250 max.

I plan on getting the 8 gb though. How do you think we can make up the lack or internal memory size? I don't keep much music on here . But aside from google drive and dropbox what can I do ?

what do you need 8gb for? use google play and move your pics and videos off your phone once and a while and you're good.

I just said I agreed on the LTE part.
Adding more storage isn't undercutting their partners, it's providing and expected amount of storage space in today's market on a relatively high end device.
Y'all "Google can do no wrong" fanboys are getting as bad as iPhone fanboys
mean.gif
What is so hard to understand? The more features Google includes in Nexus the less Galaxy's and One X's get sold. This isn't rocket science.

Google does not want the Nexus competing directly with HTC's and Samsung's flagship phones.

BTW, I own a Ipad 2 (64GB), Iphone 4S(64GB), and a Nexus 7 (16GB). Is it annoying having to delete videos off of my Nexus because of space issues? Yes. However, I prefer to be able to treat the device as a USB drive compared to being forced to used iTunes or 3rd party apps like Good Reader to transfer though USB on my Apple devices. I don't like Touchwiz, Sense, or Blur either. So for me it is either Nexus or iOS.

one thing dudes gotta realize and understand with Prepaid is dont expect any customer service. I will say if anything Tmobile is the best because you can go into a store but even then they cant help you and their prepaid customer service is outsourced. While straight talk and all them if you go into the store for the carriers that they use the towers from the reps will look at you like "if this broke dude dont get out my face " because they cant do nothing for ya. So just understand your on your own and you are good.
I cant do the prepaid because I`m not trying to switch my number like that ever time I wanna go to a new carrier and the port in process for prepaid is dredful. And often times prepaid cant take advantage of carrier roaming agreements so if you travel chances are your serivce might suck outside of major cities, and even then ATT and Tmobile suck. Dudes saying LTE is overrated dont understand its not just about speed. LTE handles data in populated areas much better so you dont see a drop in quality of speeds during peak hours.

Biggest issue I have with prepaid is basically no matter what "carrier" you choose, your service is always either through AT&T or T-Mobile towers.

So if you live in a area where both are spotty, that's pretty much a dead move.

As crazy as this may sound, I've actually had VERY few problems with Sprint.....now this weak *** EVO Shift is crap, but Sprint's actual service where I am is pretty good.

I got that 30 dollar t-mo pre paid plan. I ain't gonna lie. I be having to add money cause I end up passing that 100 minutes. A lot of people use the VoIP alternative with google voice. I don't have that kind of patience though. It's a lot of things you gotta read up on to do that. And I'm lazy.

What is so hard to understand? The more features Google includes in Nexus the less Galaxy's and One X's get sold. This isn't rocket science.

Google does not want the Nexus competing directly with HTC's and Samsung's flagship phones.

BTW, I own a Ipad 2 (64GB), Iphone 4S(64GB), and a Nexus 7 (16GB). Is it annoying having to delete videos off of my Nexus because of space issues? Yes. However, I prefer to be able to treat the device as a USB drive compared to being forced to used iTunes or 3rd party apps like Good Reader to transfer though USB on my Apple devices. I don't like Touchwiz, Sense, or Blur either. So for me it is either Nexus or iOS.

Well some of us don't own 2 phones and 2 tablets.

I have a phone and I have a iPod Touch (32GB), which I'm looking to sale when I upgrade to a new phone because I hate carrying both, so for me storage space is very important at this point.

And you forget the Nexus isn't going to work on CDMA networks, so I HIGHLY doubt making it 32GB would really suck that many sales from HTC and Samsung...

I have a phone and I have a iPod Touch (32GB), which I'm looking to sale when I upgrade to a new phone because I hate carrying both, so for me storage space is very important at this point.
And you forget the Nexus isn't going to work on CDMA networks, so I HIGHLY doubt making it 32GB would really suck that many sales from HTC and Samsung...

to be honest I tell everyone to cop an iPod classic, I just dont like the idea of having ALL my stuff on one device. It keeps the phone in good shape too, I never take my phone to the gym only my ipod, use my ipod in the whip too, only thing my phone is for is taking pics and apps, so I dont use much storage what so ever.

Dude if you need storage then the Nexus isn't for you. I can manage with 16GB on my phone.

GSM is more popular worldwide.

on the real... the Samsung guy came into my store today and brought in the int'l version of the NOTE 2...
and we have the ATT branded nexus 4...
is gonna be tough, yall...
this my christmas present to me, doe...
:pimp:

Would be VERY interested to see the AT&T branded Nexus 4 to say the least... :nerd:

Is it worth it to get the Nexus 4 and ditch my iphone 4s? I'm on ATT if that helps, also what is the differences between all these networks?? CDMA, GSM, HSPA+.....

Ok my phone just crapped out today and now the 8gb version of this phone is now a Insta Day one cop. If anything what do yall use 8gb of space for? With Google music, Drive and nothing is really that big? Are yall carrying around your entire music and video collection?

Back
Top Bottom