new nexus for $299 w/ out contract? insta-robo-copped

In re: the space limitation, Google is really trying to push the whole Google Play / cloud service thing. Idk, I feel like I don't need too much space because my phone's memory is mostly filled up with pictures taken on the phone. I'd rather have a standalone media player so the phone doesn't get beat up.

In re: the space limitation, Google is really trying to push the whole Google Play / cloud service thing. Idk, I feel like I don't need too much space because my phone's memory is mostly filled up with pictures taken on the phone. I'd rather have a standalone media player so the phone doesn't get beat up.

The cloud isn't a real alternative for everyone considering the caps for mobile data.

^ I agree. I'd rather have the onboard storage. Then again, for the bread, I still think that this is a great deal.

Google could have atleast just added the slot and left the phone at 8gb imo

This.
Best of both worlds and gives people the freedom to choose (always a plus, imo).

For certain people, having their data stored locally makes sense in certain situations (commuting on the subway in nyc for example or having a limited, i.e non-baller data plan or traveling abroad and not being allowed to access various cloud services, etc)

I am a tmobile customer and tired of my blackberry. I was seriously considering getting an iphone 5 or S3, but I might just get this for now. And actually wait for tmobile to get the iphone.

I am a tmobile customer and tired of my blackberry. I was seriously considering getting an iphone 5 or S3, but I might just get this for now. And actually wait for tmobile to get the iphone.

they are opening up 3G to be useable on Tmobile but as far as them actually getting it? i wouldnt hold my breath, you will be waiting awhile.

If it didnt cost me almost $2k to up and leave Tmobile and join another carrier i would have already left a long time ago.

If no contract is involved..I'd say cop the N4. If contract isn't an issue, then I'd cop the Note 2. But that's just me (note2 owner).

Murder black N4 will be picked up. :smokin

My S3 has served me well, but I'll be giving it to my brother once I get that Nexus. :nthat:

-Drew

one thing dudes gotta realize and understand with Prepaid is dont expect any customer service. I will say if anything Tmobile is the best because you can go into a store but even then they cant help you and their prepaid customer service is outsourced. While straight talk and all them if you go into the store for the carriers that they use the towers from the reps will look at you like "if this broke dude dont get out my face " because they cant do nothing for ya. So just understand your on your own and you are good.
I cant do the prepaid because I`m not trying to switch my number like that ever time I wanna go to a new carrier and the port in process for prepaid is dredful. And often times prepaid cant take advantage of carrier roaming agreements so if you travel chances are your serivce might suck outside of major cities, and even then ATT and Tmobile suck. Dudes saying LTE is overrated dont understand its not just about speed. LTE handles data in populated areas much better so you dont see a drop in quality of speeds during peak hours.

1. ALL customer service sucks anyways. But I've called straight talk thrice (activation, billing issue, service issue), and it was fine.

2. I ported my number. Had no problems.

3. Y'all can enjoy your overpriced service while I enjoy saving some money. Nexus + straight talk = $$$$$

I've had my GN for 4 months so as tempted as I am with those price points for the N4, I cannot justify it just yet. But if/when that inevitable $50 price cut comes within 6 months on the 16GB, I shall have my new phone in less than a year (LOVE that perk too over the 2-year agreement/upgrade ********).

Hi guys. I'm still rocking with my G2 that has been good to me the past 2 years. I'm out of contract now and wondering if I should cop the nexus 4 and switch to prepaid or just get the Samsung gs3 , thoughts?

Hi guys. I'm still rocking with my G2 that has been good to me the past 2 years. I'm out of contract now and wondering if I should cop the nexus 4 and switch to prepaid or just get the Samsung gs3 , thoughts?

I'd definitely go the prepaid route. It's nice not being locked into any contracts not to mention how much plans are nowadays, especially if it's only you on the plan. You'll save tons of money going prepaid.

I'd definitely go the prepaid route. It's nice not being locked into any contracts not to mention how much plans are nowadays, especially if it's only you on the plan. You'll save tons of money going prepaid.

Yea, that's the only perk to prepaid. As far as contracts go, he's off contract so getting the N4 through Google won't change that. I'm in the same boat as him, still have my G2 and off contract. Been waitin for the next Nexus to upgrade and now that it's here, my time has come. :lol:

I think Im copping the 16gb. F' it. Im sick of my 9900 Bold Berry, ready for new technology. This seems like the one for the moment. Especially since I won't have to extend my contract.

on the real... the Samsung guy came into my store today and brought in the int'l version of the NOTE 2...
and we have the ATT branded nexus 4...
is gonna be tough, yall...
this my christmas present to me, doe...
:pimp:

Did you ever get pictures of that AT&T branded Nexus 4...? :nerd: :nerd:

1. ALL customer service sucks anyways. But I've called straight talk thrice (activation, billing issue, service issue), and it was fine.
2. I ported my number. Had no problems.
3. Y'all can enjoy your overpriced service while I enjoy saving some money. Nexus + straight talk = $$$$$
I've had my GN for 4 months so as tempted as I am with those price points for the N4, I cannot justify it just yet. But if/when that inevitable $50 price cut comes within 6 months on the 16GB, I shall have my new phone in less than a year (LOVE that perk too over the 2-year agreement/upgrade ********).

Where are you located, Sleepy? I'm Interested in Straight Talk combined w/ an AT&T-compatible iPhone in the NJ/NYC metro area for my young'n...

Back
Top Bottom