new nexus for $299 w/ out contract? insta-robo-copped

I totally agree with what you said bro ...
Don't underestimate the market overseas though...
Completely unlocked phones are valuable ...
Almost all that travel heavy will look into this...

I mean I can see myself copping this if it uses a normal sized sim card for Overseas travel because I dont wanna go through finding a nano sim for iPhones, especially in an African COuntry. Folks fail to realize Googles game plan. Google doesnt care about "killing" the "competitor" so to speak, they just want their OS in everyones hands so they can make you use their products, track everything you do and improve their products. Because in all reality if Google just made the Nexus line full on and controlled every aspect and forced Samsung and all the others to make their own OS it would have taken Google like 4-5 years to get their OS together. Nexus is meant for developers anyways.

This phone is really dirt cheap, but I have never bought a phone with out a contract. Can anyone explain how this works if I am currently in the middle of a 2 year plan with ATT? I have just always upgraded whenever my contract has been up, but if I got this phone would I just need to get a sim card for the Nexus 4?? Also what about my unlimited data plan that I have???

All you need to know on making the switch. Good read on making the switch or if you're thinking of making the switch to an unlocked device and going contract free.

http://androidandme.com/2012/10/new...re-paid-smartphone-service-before-you-switch/

Last edited:
How is this different from the galaxy nexus? Same OS, screen size roughly the same. There's absolutely no point in upgrading when all of these phones are the same.

It's not the same, it's faster, improved camera, better screen, etc. 

This is a good deal for the cheapo nerds, but this isnt a game changer what so ever. Avg consumer doesnt have time to go through all that stuff, I mea you have idiots who recieve phones in the mail with clear instructions on how to activate and they still go into the store to have their phone activated. If Verizon was a GSM network then MAYBE, but nobody is checking for Tmobile at all besides the penny pinching tech savy. I find it funny Tmo is selling this for 200 on contract, dumbest move ever. They could have made this 99 bucks and made a killing.

If I was into android I would have a Nexus on Tmobiles 30 dollar plan, but Tmobile coverage is trash and I`m not into android.

my family mostly my dad travels the US all the time business related and we have tmobile because we tried all the other carriers and tmobile has the best coverage srs

edit- arent you the android hater that trolls the official thread every now and then? :rofl:
cmon son

Last edited:
my family mostly my dad travels the US all the time business related and we have tmobile because we tried all the other carriers and tmobile has the best coverage srs
edit- arent you the android hater that trolls the official thread every now and then? :rofl:
cmon son

never trolled a day in my life only spit facts.

Tmobile works best where youre at, but compare their nation wide map, their coverage sucks, they only have decent coverage in Metro areas, And when your on Edge with tmobile you are 7/10 roaming on ATT. I worked for Tmobile got no reason to hate on them.

How is this different from the galaxy nexus? Same OS, screen size roughly the same. There's absolutely no point in upgrading when all of these phones are the same.
Wireless Charging

Double the RAM

Higher Res Screen better quality

Improved Camera

Faster processor

Android 4.2

Wireless Charging
Double the RAM
Improved Camera
Faster processor
Android 4.2

jelly bean is android 4.2 other then that you're correct.

however, da galaxy nexus still gucci till da next phone cycle comes in so son do have a point in that regard.

This phone is really dirt cheap, but I have never bought a phone with out a contract. Can anyone explain how this works if I am currently in the middle of a 2 year plan with ATT? I have just always upgraded whenever my contract has been up, but if I got this phone would I just need to get a sim card for the Nexus 4?? Also what about my unlimited data plan that I have???
for starters, your unlimited data plan isn't unlimited ...

They throttle you after 3gb of usage.

You would go into ATT and request a micro similar to activated underneath your #... Or if you have a micro sim... Just pop it in the phone...

:x :x :x wait so they have been capping off my data after a certain point? I guess I never noticed cause I have been using the wifi often. Yeah that sucks, but I'm on a family plan so I can't really switch plans that easily.

t-mobile is da way to go with these high powered android phone, they have unlimited data no caps.

Wireless Charging
Double the RAM
Improved Camera
Faster processor
Android 4.2

however, da galaxy nexus still gucci till da next phone cycle comes in so son do have a point in that regard.

wat?

jelly bean is also 4.1. it's just keeping the same moniker even though its version number is 0.1 higher (which i think is unprecedented).

It's 4.2. This is an incremental release. 

For $350 I will be upgrading yearly. 

Won't Lie I would have loved to see Google Buy Tmobile or a chunk in Tmobile and start like a no contract Nexus Plan so to speak that you can put your nexus devices on, would have been cool.

Won't Lie I would have loved to see Google Buy Tmobile or a chunk in Tmobile and start like a no contract Nexus Plan so to speak that you can put your nexus devices on, would have been cool.

wouldnt be surprised if google had a carrier in the future since theyve started getting into internet

but i think i read they did not put LTE in this phone because they did not want to work with carriers/make custom phones with LTE for the LTE carriers.

i think thats cool. also think its cool that google is not only using one brand. its pretty cool that they brought asus, lg and samsung and marketed them together as unit (nexus line)

On it. Disappointed in no expandable memory. And after reading the article on why it doesn't have LTE, I understand. For that price, u can't complain

this would instantly make Tmobile compete with ATT, along with the spectrum that's about to open up...

A lot of helpful advice. I guess I'll just wait it out and see if it's worth it to get this phone in 2 weeks.

Improvements in processor speed are almost unnoticeable at this point. 4.2 is still jellybean, I've played with most of these new phones including the note 2 and see no difference in lag time between usage. Unless there is a major OS upgrade, these phones will peform the same way minus minimal improvements.
I'm a mobile developer and I usually get nexus devices since they get updates on time but you are playing yourself if you think its much different than the galaxy nexus almost a year later.

Price is good,specs are good, and I am sure either Sprint or Verizon will get it, mostlikely sprint since Verizon got the Galaxy Nexus.

They will just get it later on and it will have LTE

Also I believe resolution is exactly the same, screen is just .05 inches bigger giving a bit more pixels lengthwise only. Guess you didn't read, r don't understand pixel density.

Last edited:
Also I believe resolution is exactly the same, screen is just .5 inches bigger giving a bit more pixels lengthwise only. Guess you didn't read, r don't understand pixel density.
Resolution is 1280x768 (768 is the horizontal pixel count), compared to 1280x720 on the GNex.

Back
Top Bottom