New Orleans Saints engaged in bounty program ... UPDATE 9/7: Saints Players Win Appeal!!! Will play

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by JPZx

@AdamSchefter: A safe prediction: Saints will be disciplined far worse than the Patriots were for Spygate.

That's not saying much. Pathetic %@$ NFL.

zzzzzzzzzzzz
nfl knew spygate was common 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Laughed when I first heard it and I laugh now. This is in no way shape or form asterisk related to their SB win and anybody saying so needs to explain why. Paying dudes more for hard hits only gives incentive to play harder and hurt the opposition more. This should be in their contracts for them to get bonuses the same way there are clauses for players to get bonuses if they win MVP or break some record.

If anyone is upset over this they need to stick to watching a non contact sport.

If you didn't think defensive players aren't trying to take out the QB, bonus or not, you are mistaken

Originally Posted by CP1708

What I really wanna know is how much Jimmy Graham got for takin out his own coach. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

They intentionally hurt Ted Ginn Jr.!

Had he been healthy, he would've played in the NFC Championship Game. Kyle Williams would've never played, thus avoiding two costly turnovers.

We would've beat the Giants.

And the Lombardi Trophy would've been on its way back to San Francisco.

mzi.esztuhqc.png

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

no asterisk ... coming from a #18 fan ...

but still paying for putting guys on carts ... i'm all for hard hits ... but that's OD

Originally Posted by dmxfury

If you didn't think defensive players aren't trying to take out the QB, bonus or not, you are mistaken
And you're completely missing the point, the BONUS is why it's WRONG.

The most alarming finding by the league, according to one club source who was briefed on the investigation late Friday afternoon, was this: Before the 2009 NFC Championship Game, Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma offered any defensive teammate $10,000 in cash to knock then-Vikings quarterback Brett Favre out of the game. Favre was hit viciously several times in the game. That fact was in a report to the 32 NFL owners, sent out by the league to detail further what the league's 50,000-page investigation found.

#%%$$@* despicable. "Awhhh cute lets see the Saints win the whole thing because of a hurricane four years prior"... bunch of #%%$$@* cheapskate +@*+$ *$# mother +$!+@%%.

The asterisk comes in because offering people money to take out a player can CHANGE an outcome in a game. Instead of hitting a guy hard like anybody else, you're hitting them hard but going for their KNEES or ANKLES. Thus, injuring a player on purpose, altering personnel's health, altering outcome. If you're a part of the group that says ALL teams do this than why, even BEFORE this story came out, were people remarking on how dirty the hits were in the 2009 NFC Championship game by the Saints? People have noted that game in particular all the time for the hits, it wasn't just a run of the mill game.

Ravens v Steelers games would have huge payouts

I get it JP, I just think this has occurred for years and will continue in the future. Perhaps the NFL will try to curb it. Does a bonus need to be paid out? Probably not

As a Saints fan I find this kind sickening. It's going to hurt to be penalized, especially since Williams isn't even on the coaching staff anymore, but I hope the team comes out better. If this ends up keeping Brees from signing a new contract though I'm going to be mopey for a while.

its grimey as hell, no doubt. there does need to be HEAVY fines for it. but i don't consider it cheating. guys are trying to hurt people all the time, just not getting paid bonuses for it. it's like targeting specific areas on a player's body when they're playing injured. people do it ALL the time. it's not cheating. it's part of the game.

it is a rule violation in terms of league rules on compensation, and the whole idea of rewarding players for injuring others is just grimes. so a heavy fine is definitely warranted. but i don't think it gave them an edge because other players hit to injure as well. i won't believe that the saints players are the only ones doing it just to make a few extra grand. the best way to separate a ball carrier from the ball is to knock their @*$ out, one way or another.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Ravens v Steelers games would have huge payouts

I get it JP, I just think this has occurred for years and will continue in the future. Perhaps the NFL will try to curb it. Does a bonus need to be paid out? Probably not
Link to incentive laden dirty plays that the Ravens or the Steelers received?

The dirty hits are not what I'm primarily upset about, because that happens, it's the fact that players are putting up large sums of money and saying "If you injure these guys, you get THIS"

When we think of cheating we always think of the classics and box ourselves up... this is a different FORM of cheating guys

Funny thing is, I don't remember any illegal hits in that game. No helmet to helmet. No "Brady" hits. The hits were hard, but not illegal.

Only thing shocking about this story is that the team is not the steelers, pretty sure hines ward and polamalu got a bigger body count then the whole saints team

Couldnt Care less.....

All the dirty players in the league and I really cant think of any on the Saints so this "bonus" system wasnt working to well..

This kind of thing promotes head hunting and hitting after the whistle. Not good.

The 08 Raven/Titan playoff game no one remembers Ed Reed bending CJ's back over while he was on the ground?
Ended up leaving the game a couple plays later. Now what if that was your team in the playoffs? Still
pimp.gif
?

cjravens.jpg

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

This kind of thing promotes head hunting and hitting after the whistle. Not good.

The 08 Raven/Titan playoff game no one remembers Ed Reed bending CJ's back over while he was on the ground?
Ended up leaving the game a couple plays later. Now what if that was your team in the playoffs? Still
pimp.gif
?

cjravens.jpg
This is how I see it
Reed would do that because its all about getting a ring. that extra grand is not the real reason it gets done.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

pimp.gif
?

cjravens.jpg
This is how I see it
Reed would do that because its all about getting a ring. that extra grand is not the real reason it gets done.

So that makes it okay?

Back
Top Bottom