NEW PICS of whips on the street!! Vol. 22's or better **BIG RIMS ONLY!!**

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

not really a fan of any of these

werd. the vanquish gets the win if nething. personally i prefer stock rims that were engineered to for the car specifically. i admit tho the bigger the nicer ...nh.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

not really a fan of any of these

werd. the vanquish gets the win if nething. personally i prefer stock rims that were engineered to for the car specifically. i admit tho the bigger the nicer ...nh.

Originally Posted by GFlower8

i got some questions about rims and suspensions and all of that. i only know a little so bare with me..
do these cars (the ones posted in this thread) have spacers or lift kits or some other kind of suspension mod? it looks like if these cars had a full load, tires would rub like hell. am i wrong? and how does this affect the performance of your car?

just in general, when putting on (big) rims, what do you have to do? i just copped a 98' Riviera and i can't decide on rims. either all black or chrome, dubs or 2"s... lol. its like i want 20"s because i still want to be able to smash, then again if ima spend dough might as well somewhat flex and get 2"s. and i'd want protection for my rims, i hate those thin low profile tires. i need thick meat pawse or would that not look right>

also i was on this site, where you select your car and blah blah and it basically said that only 20"s would fit on my Riv.. but does that mean i can throw the dubs on there and drive comfortable with a full load of passengers and no rub? .. that's what I'd assume and anything bigger than that would require a suspension mod?

lol iono someone school me
Let's see...

#1--Things have changed a LOT. A lot of the cars you see that's squattin in the rear are mini-tubbed and/or lift slightly in the front, which gives them that stance. In regards to spacers, you only need a spacer to push a wheel out from the frame, and you usually see this on G-Body's ('78-88 MC's, Regals, Cutlasses). On newer cars, it all depends on the set-up...usually they're used with 3-piece wheels for wider apps...I see a lot of 'em on 6 and 7-series. For GM cars, the struts get in the way, so either the set-up is changed (ungodly expensive), OR...the most common way: they're (the strut plate) is beat in. Any new MC, Impala, Malibu, etc.usually has this done to accomodate 22's or better.

#2--On your Riviera, I'd personally do 4's, BUT...in your case, 2's would work just fine with a 30 or 35-series tire. There's a few here on 26's now. You're def.gonna have to work with the suspension to have a full load. Whatever you do, do NOT take it to a tire shop, unless you feel like being lied to and overcharged. In order to give you the right answer, I'd have to see your set-up.

#3--Those sites will only tell you the "recommended" size to go up to...obviously people push the limits all day, everyday, but due to DOT regulations, they can't/won't tell you to go bigger. What city are you located in? I can look up some places for you to take it to so they can give you the real deal

Originally Posted by GFlower8

i got some questions about rims and suspensions and all of that. i only know a little so bare with me..
do these cars (the ones posted in this thread) have spacers or lift kits or some other kind of suspension mod? it looks like if these cars had a full load, tires would rub like hell. am i wrong? and how does this affect the performance of your car?

just in general, when putting on (big) rims, what do you have to do? i just copped a 98' Riviera and i can't decide on rims. either all black or chrome, dubs or 2"s... lol. its like i want 20"s because i still want to be able to smash, then again if ima spend dough might as well somewhat flex and get 2"s. and i'd want protection for my rims, i hate those thin low profile tires. i need thick meat pawse or would that not look right>

also i was on this site, where you select your car and blah blah and it basically said that only 20"s would fit on my Riv.. but does that mean i can throw the dubs on there and drive comfortable with a full load of passengers and no rub? .. that's what I'd assume and anything bigger than that would require a suspension mod?

lol iono someone school me
Let's see...

#1--Things have changed a LOT. A lot of the cars you see that's squattin in the rear are mini-tubbed and/or lift slightly in the front, which gives them that stance. In regards to spacers, you only need a spacer to push a wheel out from the frame, and you usually see this on G-Body's ('78-88 MC's, Regals, Cutlasses). On newer cars, it all depends on the set-up...usually they're used with 3-piece wheels for wider apps...I see a lot of 'em on 6 and 7-series. For GM cars, the struts get in the way, so either the set-up is changed (ungodly expensive), OR...the most common way: they're (the strut plate) is beat in. Any new MC, Impala, Malibu, etc.usually has this done to accomodate 22's or better.

#2--On your Riviera, I'd personally do 4's, BUT...in your case, 2's would work just fine with a 30 or 35-series tire. There's a few here on 26's now. You're def.gonna have to work with the suspension to have a full load. Whatever you do, do NOT take it to a tire shop, unless you feel like being lied to and overcharged. In order to give you the right answer, I'd have to see your set-up.

#3--Those sites will only tell you the "recommended" size to go up to...obviously people push the limits all day, everyday, but due to DOT regulations, they can't/won't tell you to go bigger. What city are you located in? I can look up some places for you to take it to so they can give you the real deal

Lemonade41,
Waddup foolie! How you been?

BlazeKicks,
Yessuh! Thats that Dade fade!!!

Tetsujin23,
Lemme know, Ill get you Rod's number.. He's the best flag painter Ive ever seen..

Lemonade41,
Waddup foolie! How you been?

BlazeKicks,
Yessuh! Thats that Dade fade!!!

Tetsujin23,
Lemme know, Ill get you Rod's number.. He's the best flag painter Ive ever seen..

I'm good, trying to figure out which route to go with my maxima
either this(minus the lambos) 22" DUB floats, no kandy cuz no one in AL can spray it worth a damn
f5d6hg.jpg

or this
b20meetpic1.jpg

I'm good, trying to figure out which route to go with my maxima
either this(minus the lambos) 22" DUB floats, no kandy cuz no one in AL can spray it worth a damn
f5d6hg.jpg

or this
b20meetpic1.jpg

I used to say that too, but I saw a maxima same gen as mine in a video slidin down the street floatin. *@*+ was too sick, gave me the
eek.gif
face. On the other hand, I wouldnt put em on ANY other midsize japanese sedan. The Max is pretty much the only midsize *** sedan that can wear em right, Accord, altima, etc. on floatin 2s looks funny

I used to say that too, but I saw a maxima same gen as mine in a video slidin down the street floatin. *@*+ was too sick, gave me the
eek.gif
face. On the other hand, I wouldnt put em on ANY other midsize japanese sedan. The Max is pretty much the only midsize *** sedan that can wear em right, Accord, altima, etc. on floatin 2s looks funny

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

eek.gif

DO IT...22" DUB spins on a Maxima/Altima FTW!

You could also do stags...my dude in St.Pete got one on 24" Asanti's, killin 'em...

eek.gif

You could also do stags...my dude in St.Pete got one on 24" Asanti's, killin 'em...

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

eek.gif

THIS!!!! and get wet down here in miami.. Get that dade fade!!!

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

eek.gif

THIS!!!! and get wet down here in miami.. Get that dade fade!!!

Back
Top Bottom