***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

once again reebok destroys the value of a shoe by releasing thousands of pairs at a Walmart price. then they wonder why people look at the brand as a discount or say oh these shoes are dope but I'll just wait for them to go on clearance or my favorite is "A hundred 140 dollars for a Reebok!?"

Reebok has officially run this once dominating company into the ground with these bargain basement prices on their most iconic Silhouettes.

great price on a nike sneaker but it's sad to see things like this

$39.09 after tax and in-store discount. Check your outlet.

My outlet sucks. I need sz 12s

These shoes were released everywhere except the US. Canada had em both on shelves same with europe and Asia. They sold out in stores and online most places due to the fact that they got scrapped in the US. The shoes were valuable and retained a good resale value as well.

to release them in the US they put a sticker on the box to change the name of the shoe and swapped out the insoles that said big hurt and had the frank thomas logo.

what I'm saying is why charge 39 dollars for a shoe that can easily be sold for 100?

they are devaluing their product by doing these things.

These shoes were released everywhere except the US. Canada had em both on shelves same with europe and Asia. They sold out in stores and online most places due to the fact that they got scrapped in the US. The shoes were valuable and retained a good resale value as well.

to release them in the US they put a sticker on the box to change the name of the shoe and swapped out the insoles that said big hurt and had the frank thomas logo.

what I'm saying is why charge 39 dollars for a shoe that can easily be sold for 100?

I can respect your stance.

Personally, I don't care about the secondary market value. I REALLY wanted these and am ecstatic to get em for double discount. In regards to Reebok, sitting inventory is a higher loss of money.

For me, it's near blasphemous that a signature shoe of a baseball player is released everywhere in the world besides the US. As you mentioned, prices were driven high because of online US consumers. European and Asian sellers were taking advantage of a hole in the market. Not consuming them for their own use. To suggest that they should've kept the release international for the sake of desire within the US market is nonsense in my opinion.

Last edited:

woah did they really swap out the sole and sell them in the usa????

damn i need to find the nearest reebok outlet man

my local ross had the blacktop pump for 39 but the pump was broken

they also had a pair of white black blue kamikaze 1 for 36

woah did they really swap out the sole and sell them in the usa????

Yeah they swapped out the insoles and changed the name of the shoe from Big Hurt to Reebok Tech Trainer.  if you peel the sticker off that says tech trainer underneath it says Big Hurt lol.

Guess its their loophole to sell the shoes in the US.  

once again reebok destroys the value of a shoe by releasing thousands of pairs at a Walmart price. then they wonder why people look at the brand as a discount or say oh these shoes are dope but I'll just wait for them to go on clearance or my favorite is "A hundred 140 dollars for a Reebok!?"

Reebok has officially run this once dominating company into the ground with these bargain basement prices on their most iconic Silhouettes.

great price on a nike sneaker but it's sad to see things like this
it started when the AI line started going down hill. lack of design and lack of improvement to try and sign signature players. 

the same era saw TMAC sold shoes for Adidas, VC sold shoes for Nike, and then Nike was back (other than Js) with the Hurache 2k4 where before the 2k4 i really can't remember what great non-signature they had. all these time Reebok just sat around with nothing to show for other than the Answer which year by year got worst. 

and then present days Lebron, kobe, kd and now Kyrie are selling shoes for nike, drose, lillard, and jwall for adidas. curry with UA, even jamal crawford and tony parker has better shoes than reebok.

Just received the Reebok x Major "cherry blossom" collab from sneakersnstuff. I'm stoked.
Hey Chill - How did they fit on you? I just ordered a 10.5 from Livestock, but I'm worried they may be too big. I wear 10.5s in other Reebok Classic runners, and some folks have said these run big, while others have said TTS. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

For people that are looking for the Big Hurt Retro, you can call RBK stores will do phone orders. Just ordered my pairs.

If any of you guys remember the TV show Step By Step, JT Lambert (actor Brandon Call) wore them in one of the episodes, where he was getting beat up and the dudes were caring him our of the house and his dad Frank, actor Patrick Duffy, told them - Stop...(walked over and took the Pump Hi ll off his sons feet) and said carry on, those are too expensive :)))

Last edited:
If any of you guys remember the TV show Step By Step, JT Lambert (actor Brandon Call) wore them in one of the episodes, where he was getting beat up and the dudes were caring him our of the house and his dad Frank, actor Patrick Duffy, told them - Stop...(walked over and took the Pump Hi ll off his sons feet) and said carry on, those are too expensive :)))

I used to watch that ish...vaguely remember that...

The memories man, loved that show and they always wore some awesome kicks there. 

This has definitely been a subject of discussion in many of the threads I frequent, but SO MANY shows from the early 90's had the freshest kicks of the day...Fresh Prince of Bel Air, A Different World, Martin, Seinfeld,...

Nevermind, found it.

Numbers of the big hurts
v55132 (white)
v55133 (black)

Last edited:

Yeah, Step By Step that was my show back in the days and I always liked JT's sense of style!

Back
Top Bottom