***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

I do own these as well as a couple of other Club C's. Since the inside lining is leather on the Packers , they do run a little larger than my other club Cs (not as much padding with the interior). I went TTS- half a size would have been perfect, but I'm not getting blisters or anything.

Repped thanks for the tip! How's the quality on them?

Home for Thanksgiving and my mom found a bunch of old magazines tucked away in a cupboard. This was an ad in a People magazine following the Challenger disaster in '86:
20191127_001906.jpg

For that price and free shipping, I had to scoop up a 2nd pair of Citrons to throw in the stash after I beat up my 1st pair. Reebok's Ebay account has a small run size of 10.5-12 still left.

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 3.02.07 PM.png

Reebok has 50% off sitewide, plus an additional 15% cashback through ebates. I’m debating grabbing the Shaq attaq icon pump furys. Has anyone seen em in person? Did the Dee Brown pair not drop on Reebok’s site?

I'm more into other brands but I went Reebok crazy these past 2 weeks. Some of these are rebuys like the Rails, Black Orlando Shaqs and Kamikaze's. Waiting on my Citron Fury's and Kamikaze 2's in the OG Sonics colorway to come in the mail, paid $50 for them!! I like how Reebok isn't hyped like that, got some really great deals on these classics. Rails were $30, Black Shaq's $85, White Shaq's $150 (I recently got rid of my 2017 versions, quality was trash, happy I got the 2013's instead). Phoenix Suns Shaqtus $45, Kamikaze 1 $80, Blacktop Battleground $100. Now I gotta UnDS them.

Quick question though. I got those Blacktops for a good deal but I've noticed the price on the Blacktop Pumps shot up. I remember passing on them on Finishline website when they had them for like $50-60. Now, the lowest I've seen them is around $250 and going upwards to even $400. What's the deal with this shoe? Are they super limited? Rare? Why is the resell so much on them?

20191201_202057.jpg

I just realized that my pair is a Sample. I don't even have the QR code on the size tag. I don't see any differences between these and the retail pair. Any info on this Blacktop release would be appreciated.

Edit: Any Info on the Pump Blacktop Battleground would be appreciated.

20191201_212811.jpg
20191201_202642.jpg

Last edited:
I'm more into other brands but I went Reebok crazy these past 2 weeks. Some of these are rebuys like the Rails, Black Orlando Shaqs and Kamikaze's. Waiting on my Citron Fury's and Kamikaze 2's in the OG Sonics colorway to come in the mail, paid $50 for them!! I like how Reebok isn't hyped like that, got some really great deals on these classics. Rails were $30, Black Shaq's $85, White Shaq's $150 (I recently got rid of my 2017 versions, quality was trash, happy I got the 2013's instead). Phoenix Suns Shaqtus $45, Kamikaze 1 $80, Blacktop Battleground $100. Now I gotta UnDS them.

Quick question though. I got those Blacktops for a good deal but I've noticed the price on the Blacktop Pumps shot up. I remember passing on them on Finishline website when they had them for like $50-60. Now, the lowest I've seen them is around $250 and going upwards to even $400. What's the deal with this shoe? Are they super limited? Rare? Why is the resell so much on them?

20191201_202057.jpg

Maybe TURBO UNO TURBO UNO and/or trentbg trentbg can chime in, but AFAIK the Blacktops were retro-ed once and I don't think they moved really well. Quality was better than some other brand's retros at the time.

The high price is probably due the shoe having the PUMP tech and it's anyone's guess if Reebok will be retro-ing them again or not as they didn't sell that well.

I personally would not pay $250-$400. Sellers generally tend to overvalue their stock.

Last edited:
decf07a8b181a611f58b41fc556b311b9dd17046.jpg

Got a pair of the above colourway on discount recently. Had 'em in the same colourway back in '95 or '96 and wore them to death.

The retro has the same type of materials as the Kamikaze and Rail in mercysaidso mercysaidso 's picture. Nothing spectacular; white pleather and some cheap feeling Nubuck. The sockliner is one of the comfier ones out there. Shoe fits true to size.

Definitely a nice pair to grab on a moderate discount as I don't think they're worth full price.

I just realized that my pair is a Sample. I don't even have the QR code on the size tag. I don't see any differences between these and the retail pair. Any info on this Blacktop release would be appreciated.

Edit: Any Info on the Pump Blacktop Battleground would be appreciated.

20191201_212811.jpg
20191201_202642.jpg

Those blacktop pumps sold poorly in stores and took about 1 year for them to hit discount stores like Marshall’s, ROSS, and Burlington for $40. Even then they sat months after as I recall seeing them finally hit $25. I remember seeing the non-pumps hit the same prices. People weren’t ready to embrace those retros but I think this new generation would consider them to be cooler.

decf07a8b181a611f58b41fc556b311b9dd17046.jpg

Got a pair of the above colourway on discount recently. Had 'em in the same colourway back in '95 or '96 and wore them to death.

The retro has the same type of materials as the Kamikaze and Rail in mercysaidso mercysaidso 's picture. Nothing spectacular; white pleather and some cheap feeling Nubuck. The sockliner is one of the comfier ones out there. Shoe fits true to size.

Definitely a nice pair to grab on a moderate discount as I don't think they're worth full price.

Fire!!🔥🔥🔥🔥
I tried on a sz12 and they fit like a glove, perfect. That colorway you got has some awesome traction and I’m considering them for indoor basketball. Just waiting on the price to drop a little since they’re asking for $90 (WSS shoe store).

The blast did the same thing and I skipped on them at finishline for $30-40. Now they are $220 and up on eBay.

Those sold better around my way. The only colorway I saw on discount was the reptilian version, can’t blame folks for passing.

No way I’d pay the asking prices from those ebayers, lol. Most of pay is retail.

The blast did the same thing and I skipped on them at finishline for $30-40. Now they are $220 and up on eBay.

Definitely not worth the eBay prices at all. I literally had to give away my VNDS Blasts and Blacktops as I'm thinning out my collection. I would argue that the Blacktop is of overall better quality than the Blast. Plastic leather on the white Blast pair (OG colourway) creased like a 'mother after a day at the office. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Fire!!🔥🔥🔥🔥
I tried on a sz12 and they fit like a glove, perfect. That colorway you got has some awesome traction and I’m considering them for indoor basketball. Just waiting on the price to drop a little since they’re asking for $90 (WSS shoe store).

Can't go wrong with the Avant Garde my G TURBO UNO TURBO UNO and I agree that they ain't worth full price. I'm not sure about basketball durability as the Nubuck or whatever they're running feels really cheap but the shoe is quite light.

There's also a white/gold pair but I expect that one to be even worse from a quality and creasing standpoint as the upper will be predominantly plastic leather.

Hoping that they eventually reissue the Preacher and Answer II Lite, then I'll have all my (broke) teenager kicks. :lol::lol::lol:

Definitely not worth the eBay prices at all. I literally had to give away my VNDS Blasts and Blacktops as I'm thinning out my collection. I would argue that the Blacktop is of overall better quality than the Blast. Plastic leather on the white Blast pair (OG colourway) creased like a 'mother after a day at the office. :smh: :smh: :smh:

And that plastic leather was why I skipped out on them. Now I’m looking back and wishing I would have grabbed just for the design.

And that plastic leather was why I skipped out on them. Now I’m looking back and wishing I would have grabbed just for the design.

It's a slippery slope. They retro these joints after decades then run crappy materials on them. The long wait and little to no marketing means that the shoes go on sale quite heavily. Similarly the crappy materials means that even the die-hards (like ourselves) won't pay full price.

Can't go wrong with the Avant Garde my G TURBO UNO TURBO UNO and I agree that they ain't worth full price. I'm not sure about basketball durability as the Nubuck or whatever they're running feels really cheap but the shoe is quite light.

There's also a white/gold pair but I expect that one to be even worse from a quality and creasing standpoint as the upper will be predominantly plastic leather.

Hoping that they eventually reissue the Preacher and Answer II Lite, then I'll have all my (broke) teenager kicks. :lol::lol::lol:

Not too worried about the durability of the materials since I plan on beating them for a month or two. Figure they’re okay if my Kamikaze joints are still doing fine. I’m just now seeing cracks in them, built like tanks.

preachers, answer 2’s and throw in some reign man 1s. I’ll be happy for years to come, lol.

Copped the Classic Leather 1983 TV and the Club C 1985 TV from the Cyber Monday sale. Honestly have not messed with Reeboks since my last pair of S. Carters which was a long time ago but I'm looking forward to getting these in hand. I've tired of Nike/JB in recent years because of how impossible the shoes have become to obtain and it seems that the hype machine has followed over to New Balance (which my current collection mainly consists of). It seems that Reebok has kept steady through it all with little to no hype which is really refreshing.

Back
Top Bottom