***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Did anybody else cop the Dennis Nedry (aka Newman) Club C 85s from the Jurassic Park pack? Mine just came in today and they're crazy in person. The Barbasol can box they come in is insane (and ridiculously big, as well.) I know people have been clowning Reebok for some of their collabs but I'm all for it if **** like this comes from it. These are insane, I'm glad I got them.

tumblr_a1d60bea205c634de86327e5c0f2e9bd_e14c5f1b_1280.jpg

RIP LOD :frown:

Reebok got sold to Authentic Brands Group

looking forward to their Brooks Brothers collaboration
ABG is absolute trash. They are the definition of private equity vampires. They'll load the brand up with debt and let it die like they do everything else they own. Look at their "success" with their other brands: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authentic_Brands_Group

This is really, really depressing news :smh:

Good profile of ABG and it's founder from last year (looks like he's wearing Royal AJ1s in the pic?):

The *only* potentially positive thing I can see from ABG buying Reebok is that Shaq is the second-largest individual investor in the company w/ 20% equity. If ABG lets Shaq work with Kerby and leaves them alone to do their thing without cheapening the brand or pulling some BS where every other collab is with another ABG property (Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, etc) it might - MIGHT - be OK. But I have zero expectation that happens.

ABG is absolute trash. They are the definition of private equity vampires. They'll load the brand up with debt and let it die like they do everything else they own. Look at their "success" with their other brands: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authentic_Brands_Group

This is really, really depressing news :smh:

pretty much the same thoughts i had when learning of the sale. hopefully theres some good stuff in the pipeline before adidas fully cuts ties.

Just finished reading the NYT article and this quote by ABG's founder is at the very end (the article's from Sept. 2020):
“If I could buy anything, I’d buy Reebok,” he said. “Hanna Barbera. I like the Flintstones, Yogi Bear. Got big ideas for Yogi Bear. I love the Jetsons. They should be the delivery system for Amazon. Just call the Jetsons, they’ll deliver it to you in two seconds!”

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom