New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

:rofl:
547844_10151069601730419_588788899_n.jpg

They're all buddy buddy right now... We'll see how it looks in 6 months

"Take off that Silly *** hat"

Amico On Latest Dwight Howard Rumors
July 29 at 8:41am CST By Daniel Seco

Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio has the latest news and rumors on Dwight Howard as the saga drags on with the calendar set to turn to August on Wednesday. Here are the highlights...

Several sources told FOX Sports Ohio that Howard may be moved by the end of the week now that the Magic have named a head coach. The team presumably wants to create a less chaotic atmosphere for Jacque Vaughn, who was hired on Saturday after spending time coaching in the Spurs organization. The trade partners in a potential Howard deal remain the same as Orlando is expected to once again reach out to the Lakers, Cavs and Rockets.

Andrew Bynum would still be the major piece in a deal with Los Angeles as sources close to the Lakers big man state that Bynum may be open to a trade. The issue with Bynum is that like Howard, he will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2012/13 season. It would seemingly be foolish for the Magic to acquire Bynum without first getting a pulse on whether he would sign a long-term deal with the team.

• While the Magic will attempt to move Howard before the season starts, some sources say that the team may wait until the February trade deadline to move the All-Star center. A deal halfway through the season would probably net Orlando a lesser package than it would receive now, but more trade partners may come to fruition and provide the Magic with a variety of options.

The beat goes on....

The beat goes on....

Dada dome da dome dada

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment............ Sorry got carried away there :lol:

Anyway word is Houston is backing out of getting Dwight.. So I think they move in as the 3rd team because they can give a lottery pick + 2 of Magic 2nd Rounders + plus expiring contracts and take Bynum + Glen Davis which works best for them

Something along the lines of this:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bs6qqwg

Only have 10 spots for trade machine, so add in maybe Parsons, or another one of their yonger guys they don't need.. Plus the lottery pick they received from Toronto, and Houston returns 2 second round picks they have of the Magic.

Last edited:
how much of kobe's 30,000,000 salary is going to actually going to count towards the cap , it cant be 30? 
nerd.gif

like , it can't possibly be 30 
sick.gif

seriously...........not 30 
frown.gif

I love Pau and hope he retires a laker......yes we lost but why is he being scapegoated like he was the main reason....i think Kobe and coaching should share the same blame.

Last year he was just a 3rd wheel out there because they ran thru Bynum most of the time, so im giving him a pass and he still put up respectable stats.

Besides us getting swept by the Mavs when Tyson Chandler (eventual DPOY) just ate his heart, Pau has performed admirably as a Laker.

Not perfect , but he is not one of this teams problems.

I love Pau and hope he retires a laker......yes we lost but why is he being scapegoated like he was the main reason....i think Kobe and coaching should share the same blame.
Last year he was just a 3rd wheel out there because they ran thru Bynum most of the time, so im giving him a pass and he still put up respectable stats.
Besides us getting swept by the Mavs when Tyson Chandler (eventual DPOY) just ate his heart, Pau has performed admirably as a Laker.

i kind of feel the same way.

i get really nostalgic when it comes to big contributors to our team's success :lol:

yes he has been frustrating these last two playoff runs, but i still think kobe was a big reason we lost two games against OKC. :nerd:

Last edited:
[quote name="tupac003"] Amico On Latest Dwight Howard Rumors
July 29 at 8:41am CST By Daniel Seco

Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio has the latest news and rumors on Dwight Howard as the saga drags on with the calendar set to turn to August on Wednesday. Here are the highlights...

• *Several sources told FOX Sports Ohio that
Howard may be moved by the end of the week now that the Magic have named a head coach*. The team presumably wants to create a less chaotic atmosphere for Jacque Vaughn, who was hired on Saturday after spending time coaching in the Spurs organization. The trade partners in a potential Howard deal remain the same as Orlando is expected to once again reach out to the Lakers, Cavs and Rockets.

• *Andrew Bynum would still be the major piece in a deal with Los Angeles as sources close to the Lakers big man state that Bynum may be open to a trade.* The issue with Bynum is that like Howard, he will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2012/13 season. It would seemingly be foolish for the Magic to acquire Bynum without first getting a pulse on whether he would sign a long-term deal with the team.

• While the Magic will attempt to move Howard before the season starts, some sources say that the team may wait until the February trade deadline to move the All-Star center. A deal halfway through the season would probably net Orlando a lesser package than it would receive now, but more trade partners may come to fruition and provide the Magic with a variety of options.
[/quote]No one in their RIGHT MIND has any LOGICAL reason to ACTUALLY believe that. :lol:

No one in their RIGHT MIND has any LOGICAL reason to ACTUALLY believe that. :lol:

Why not? LOL

Either way I just want this thing to be complete so I stop running to every basketball rumor site available. I tell myself to stop looking but I just can't do it...:smh:

Dwight seen wearing a Lakers hat (that shows an interest in LA).

Signs extension w/ Magic (shows an interest in staying in ORL).

Says he wants out of ORL (shows a DISINTEREST in staying in ORL).

Says he'll only accept trade to Nets (shows an interest in Nets).

Seen in LA wearing Lakers gear (interest in Lakers).

Reiterates 'Nets only' (interest in Nets).

Says he IS indeed nervous about being accused of following Shaq's footsteps (that shows an interest in LA again).

Says Houston trades scenarios are a waste of time; Nets only (disinterest in HOU, LAL, & ORL; Nets only).

Allows ORL to come close to working out a trade w/ ORL/LAL/CLE (shows interest in LA).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And you're asking why I said no one in their right mind has a logical reason to believe a deal will go down by week's end?

the bull **** my ***** ex girlfriend is doing to me is wanting me to blow my brains out. the dwight howard saga also has me wanting to blow my brains out. just end it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watching The Watch this week didnt help either...

Saw this on another forum. Kobe doin' work - 

Kobe Bryant's Afterparty Excuse Me Ladies ... Have You Seen My Shirt?  

Kobe Bryant's interpretation of a topless party is WAYYY different than ours. 

TMZ obtained photos of the Team USA star at an afterparty in Barcelona earlier this week ... hanging out with two hot chicks ... sans shirt. 

One source close to Kobe who was at the party tells us Bryant was FORCED to strip down because "someone spilled an entire drink on him ... his shirt was soaking wet." 

We're told Kobe sent someone to get him another shirt ... but he's jacked, so no one complained. 

According to our sources, both women in the photo had their significant other with them at the after party (one husband, one boyfriend). 

Kobe had one helluva time in Spain ... he was pictured chattin' with two different ladies at a nightclub earlier that evening. 

Go USA. 

I agree somewhat.

I mean 2 playoffs ago even though he denied it.The girlfriend drama going on then obviously affected his play and I think him & just that Laker team was out of gas and ran into a very hungry team in Dallas that won the chip that year.

Last season I really like how he handled the failed CP3 trade that he was suppose to be apart of.Compared to Odumb's crying trade me drama queen ***.Pau took the aftermath of the failed trade like a pro does.Yes it did somewhat affect him.But him not making the allstar team this past season and his stats being down where mainly because dumb *** Mike Brown's offense and how he utilized him.I mean seriously which other coach designs offensive plays were Pau hangs out in the corner and shoot's 3's :smh: Heck his years in Memphis I sure as hell don't even remember Hubie Brown using him like that.

It all goes back to why Mike Brown was hired in the first place to be the Lakers coach.He went into the interview and sold Jim Buss on his defensive mind and said ok Jim I'll feature and make Bynum the 2nd option on the offense on this current Laker team.

Last edited:
Anybody else think the Dwight trade may go down on August 4-5?
Cleavland's rookie's become tradeable then and I think to get Bynum and potentially keep Irving they pull the trigger?

Or I'm just reaching :lol:

Last edited:
Cleavland's rookie's become tradeable then and I think to get Bynum and potentially keep Irving they pull the trigger?

I think the only team holding up the trade are the Magic. They seem to be determined to keep Dwight Howard

Rememer when #24 demanded a trade out of the Lakers and it was to either the Bulls or Clippers? But Mitch played his cool?

Scenario is kind of the same with Dwight and Hennigan. He wants to be in a Lakers or Nets uni...Maybe Hennigan playing his cool?:nerd:

Rememer when #24 demanded a trade out of the Lakers and it was to either the Bulls or Clippers? But Mitch played his cool?
Scenario is kind of the same with Dwight and Hennigan. He wants to be in a Lakers or Nets uni...Maybe Hennigan playing his cool?:nerd:

Not really.......Dwight has initiated un-repairable damage in Orlando. I don't see any possibility D12 has a change of heart and signs on long term with the magic.

Brandon Rush close to re-signing with the Warriors.

I don't mind Ebanks as the backup 2 really. The only thing he needs to do well is defend the opponent's 2. Everything else can be solved by playing him in a unit with Gasol, Jamison, and/or Nash - he doesn't need to be polished offensively.

For **** sake...
TRADE HIM..
Holding out for something he has to do anyway..

Honestly I think this is their way of "sticking it to Dwight". Maybe they feel he put them through hell last season, so they're just returning the favor to him and his situation before they trade him

If Dwight is on the Magic roster when training camp starts, it will be hell for everyone involved. So I'm sticking by my guess that he has to be traded before the summer's over.

The NBA itself is probably taking a hit in some people's eyes, and it will become really evident once the floodgates open in October. I'd even guess Stern would "force" the Magic to make a move if they haven't by then.

NBA isn't taking anything, they had one of the most successful season's ever after a lockout so they are just about teflon. Stern unlike in the CP3 situation can't do **** , the Magic are stupid yes, but well within their rights to hold on to D12 as long as possible seeing as he is still under contract with them. I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight tried to stick it back to them though and have his "back issues" last longer than possible.

The whole Dwight saga is still a bad look for the NBA as a whole. The casual onlooker is probably getting turned off by the whole thing, whether it be how Dwight can flip-flop and try to hold the team at his will, or how the Magic can hold him hostage. The advent of social media reports, "sources," multiple reports per day, etc. are blowing these situations up.

Of course Stern can't do anything officially, but I could see him trying to influence a decision out of the Magic with "his ways." It seems like he'd want to put a stop to any situation that helps reinforce that stereotype of spoiled, power-hungry NBA stars and a situation that has more or less taken the league hostage since last December.

The whole Dwight saga is still a bad look for the NBA as a whole. The casual onlooker is probably getting turned off by the whole thing, whether it be how Dwight can flip-flop and try to hold the team at his will, or how the Magic can hold him hostage. The advent of social media reports, "sources," multiple reports per day, etc. are blowing these situations up.
Of course Stern can't do anything officially, but I could see him trying to influence a decision out of the Magic with "his ways." It seems like he'd want to put a stop to any situation that helps reinforce that stereotype of spoiled, power-hungry NBA stars and a situation that has more or less taken the league hostage since last December.

The casual onlooker doesn't care about the offseason tho

Back
Top Bottom