New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Congrats. You guys basically trade Howard for Bynum straight up. Amazing deal.

Nash x Kobe x Ron x Pau x Howard? *Sick face*

Heat - LA if everything goes well...

Lakers make my beloved Knicks front office look like horrible (and were suppose to be the other big market). Congrats tho, front office did a great job and at least now the Heat have some competition to play against. I personally don't want LBJ to win any more rings anyways.

Last edited:
STOP STREET DREAMING

Dwight Howard is not going to L.A. now because of Nash either. Nash is 38 years old, Kobe 34. Tops, you guys have a 2 window span to get to the Western Conference Finals (if that).

Dwight's 26 years old, he does not need that burden when he's 28.

Just checked the schedule and Bynum's first game back @ Staples in a Sixers jersey will be on New Years day 2013 :lol:

Last edited:
Went to sleep around 8pm yesterday and woke up about an hour ago to a bunch of missed calls/texts. Thought something bad happened, but then I checked the texts...

jack.gif

Then I found out we got to keep Ron Ron.....

Job well done mitch!

Last edited:
All i ask for is a PG who can defend well & for mike brown not to run Kobe & Nash to the ground. Dwight alone can lead us to a few wins his damn self.
This team is going to do major damage tho. We were in damn naer every game against the Thunder in the playoffs & now u add Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Jaminson, & what will be a much more improved and confident Pau Gasol to the mix... I think this team can beat anybody.

Well said, they lost that Thunder series down the stretch and now the team received a major upgrade at 2 critical positions.

$#1+ just got really real for Kobe and LA, its Chip or die now because the talent is there so theres no more excuses.

yes the bench isnt absolutely perfect but when you put together a team like this it seems ridiculous to expect a perfect bench too.

Kobe is the key piece to this equation now. He needs to take a back seat and just let this squad carry him to # 6.

Still need 2 bench players...

Current Rotation:
Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
Kobe/Goudelock
Metta/Ebanks
Pau/Jamison/McRoberts
Howard/Hill/Clark

There's very little depth there..

What's left:

Point Guard: Gilbert is the best PG left :smh:
Shooting Guard: Leandro Barbosa, Jodie Meeks, Michael Redd
Small Forward: Carlos Delfino, Mikal Pietrus, Josh Howard, Tracy McGrady, Matt Barnes
Power Forward: Kenyon Martin
Center: Jermaine O' Neal

I'm saying go after Barbosa and Kenyon

Then ship out McRoberts and Goudelock for nothing.....

Do that and the added salary + luxury tax is $500K

Last edited:
Lakers still have Gasol in the back pocket. We still need a backup PG, I'm not sold on Darius Morris and Steve Blake can kick rocks. The front office need to get in touch with Atlanta again and just match salaries. Get Josh and hopefully a Devin Harris for Pau. Get rid of a huge contract, get younger, get crazy athletic, get better on the bench (Devin Harris, Jamison, and Hill are all solid backups) and limit Steve Nash minutes. I cant see Steve playing a ton of minutes or guarding Westbrook or even Lin for an entire 4 qtrs. Lakers finish off the offseason with this move then oh boy :pimp:

Lakers still have Gasol in the back pocket. We still need a backup PG, I'm not sold on Darius Morris and Steve Blake can kick rocks. The front office need to get in touch with Atlanta again and just match salaries. Get Josh and hopefully a Devin Harris for Pau. Get rid of a huge contract, get younger, get crazy athletic, get better on the bench (Devin Harris, Jamison, and Hill are all solid backups) and limit Steve Nash minutes. I cant see Steve playing a ton of minutes or guarding Westbrook or even Lin for an entire 4 qtrs. Lakers finish off the offseason with this move then oh boy :pimp:

I like the idea of having Harris back up nash and the smith/howard frontcourt....

BUT I have a great feeling that Gasol/Howard frontcourt > any nba frontcourt

^ that doesn't sound too bad at all, though I would rather keep Gasol. Wouldn't be mad if it happened, though.

In all honesty, if players don't start begging to come on board now, I don't know what it would take.

Barnes should play for free, Kenyon should want in, Meeks needs to think about Dwight and Nash giving him nothing but wide open looks, hell I'd even take a Pietrus, even tho he's washed.

I'd still like a shooter or two. Until I see Goudelock lookin right, we could use more spot up guys. If Goude jumps, then I'll feel better, but I need to SEE it.

Still need 2 bench players...
Current Rotation:
Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
Kobe/Goudelock
Metta/Ebanks
Pau/Jamison/McRoberts
Howard/Hill/Clark
There's very little depth there..
What's left:
Point Guard: Gilbert is the best PG left :smh:
Shooting Guard: Leandro Barbosa, Jodie Meeks, Michael Redd
Small Forward: Carlos Delfino, Mikal Pietrus, Josh Howard, Tracy McGrady, Matt Barnes
Power Forward: Kenyon Martin
Center: Jermaine O' Neal
I'm saying go after Barbosa and Kenyon
Then ship out McRoberts and Goudelock for nothing.....
Do that and the added salary + luxury tax is $500K

yeah BUDDY.. i've alway liked agent zero, but i do want to see what he plays like now, and how that compared to last year.. despite playing very little with the grizzlies..

as a SG i'd go with barbosa or meeks, just players that can play minutes at PG or SG.

Pietrus would be an upgrade over barnes, and tmac if he is willing and healthy.

kmart would add some physical toughness, he'd be the rick mahorn or dennis rodman of the lakers, in terms of bodying players.. and o'neal, nah.. dont need him.. i'd get rid of mcroberts and trade goudelock for one of the players above.. he's still young, is explosive, but doesnt get the chance under mike brown..

speaking of which, with the addition of nash, jamison and howard, i wonder what type of offense we're gonna run.. is brown gonna let nash do his thing or is he gonna make use of the princeton offense or are we running that lame offense of last season?

Last edited:
Barbosa would be a great addition n we need another 3pt threat

he would be, but if this story is true, then he shouldnt be on the team

Leandro Barbosa was on the Phoenix Suns from 2003-2010…He was a fan favorite in the desert and then got traded this past Summer before the season began..Why was the longest tenured Suns player shipped out of town…I’m being told he was messing around with Steve Nash’s wife…Here’s what my source tells me..”Barbosa was traded because Nash caught wind of the affair and he had to go…That’s why Nash all of a sudden got divorced after his wife had the baby..He realized it wasn’t his.

Even though nash and howard get all the hype, i think that jamison is the forgotten man.. a huge upgrade compared to last year's bench..

watch all these new lakers fans join the bandwagon...

Last edited:
happy for gettinng dwight but i hate to see bynum go.

now im also a sixers fan. 

one positive thing i can say is that now i can hopefully cop a bynum jersey for the cheap

Back
Top Bottom