New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

"I'm/we're not going anywhere"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Originally Posted by MR J 858

laugh.gif

One of the most idiotic posts here on NT which does not surprise me since the usual NT Laker HATERS & TROLLS are out tonight.

Even if the Lakers front office makes no moves this summer which I doubt will happen.

TNT showed the contract situation of the current roster and a lot of the big contracts (Gasol, Bynum, Kobe, Metta) all expire and come off the books in 2013-2014 summer.

LA & the Lakers will ALWAYS attract marquee free agents. Which that summer could very well include guys like Chris Paul, James Harden and other young talent.
Man I'm not even a hater, I'm a realist.  I respect the hell out of Kobe and will be the first one to tell you that he's one of the all time greats.  But of course you guys aren't going to agree with me saying trade Kobe, that's your boy.

Well I can be a self proclaimed "realists" too, so with me being real and all, I still say that makes no damn sense

well, that's just your opinion, man.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I'm saying trade him while he still has all this value.  If you trade him for a young player (ex. D-Will), you can increase your chances dramatically of winning more titles exponentially because you're getting a guy who plays team oriented basketball, young, and is easy to build around.  One more injury and Kobe is done.  He's only getting worse from here on out and he's not going to defer to anyone, so that means if you get Dwight, D-Will, or both, Kobe will still have to be "the man" on the roster.  Might as well have Melo on your team, except I think a 50 year old Kobe will play better defense than Melo in his prime.  3 years from now you Laker fans are going to be on your knees begging for Kobe to retire so you can really start the rebuilding process.  
But none of this matters because you can't trade him.    
You're not making any sense. He has two years left on his contract. In fact everyone comes off the books in 2014. So even if they do the go all in to maximize the most out of him, which they will do, LA is only on the hook for 2 seasons. Secondly, nobody would trade for him because he has 27 million to make next season and 30 in the last year, with the new CBA that's half the cap.
So you think after those 2 years when no contenders want Kobe, that he's going to let the Lakers not resign him?  He's going to be a Laker as long as he wants to play basketball, which will probably be longer than Jordan.
More than likely if the writing is on the wall, he'll walk away, but if he's still able to play at a fairly high level he'll resign but not at 27-30 million dollars which will free up space for other players, it's common sense guy.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Nash would be legit.
He can't guard a rock, but no one going to stop him either.

I agree. But him coming for vet min is slim to none.. The reason we need him at vet min and not mini-MLE, is mini-MLE is better served elsewhere.

And I would be happy with a Nash starter, Sessions backup. But at the same time you would have to almost split their minutes in half 24-24   (plus or minus 4 for each).. Nash can't give you 32 a night, nor can he 30. Timmy D is less nagging injury history than Nash, and to keep him from falling apart he played 28 minutes.

And I think it would benefit Sessions as well..

So if you can get Nash for vet min, and split him with Sessions at PG.. I'm on board with you..

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Honestly, if it came down to it, the only guys that I want to see back are Kobe and Ron.
This.
Still need that legit PG.

lakersreppa008:
Mamba MVP:
"I'm/we're not going anywhere"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Who said that?
Bean
smokin.gif

"I'm not going anywhere. We are not going anywhere. This isn't like when the Bulls beat the Pistons and the Pistons disappeared forever."
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Got a feeling Lakers are going all in and try to trade Bynum, Gasol and whatever else Orlando wants for D12.

Bynum would be the best player Orlando could get for Dwight, but LA would still need a capable point guard, would Orlando include Jameer in a trade?

Here was the exact quote:

Kobe Bryant: "I’m not fading into the shadows. I’m not going anywhere. We’re not going anywhere...I’m not going for that $#!+."

The expletive being poops.

didn't know that. nevermind 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't mean to rub salt in your wounds, but welcome to a decade of irrelevance LA.

laugh.gif

One of the most idiotic posts here on NT which does not surprise me since the usual NT Laker HATERS & TROLLS are out tonight.

Even if the Lakers front office makes no moves this summer which I doubt will happen.

TNT showed the contract situation of the current roster and a lot of the big contracts (Gasol, Bynum, Kobe, Metta) all expire and come off the books in 2013-2014 summer.

LA & the Lakers will ALWAYS attract marquee free agents. Which that summer could very well include guys like Chris Paul, James Harden and other young talent.
Man I'm not even a hater, I'm a realist.  I respect the hell out of Kobe and will be the first one to tell you that he's one of the all time greats.  But of course you guys aren't going to agree with me saying trade Kobe, that's your boy.

If you are a realist like you claim to be.
Explain to me & the real NT Laker fans how Kobe is DONE & has ZERO chance at winning any more rings with the right role players & supporting cast built around him?

Kobe led the damn league for near damn the whole regular season and was overtaken by Durant because he sat out the final 7 games of the season.

Games 4 & 5 dude was playing great and went out gunning like any great player is suppose to do.

If Bynum & Gasol actually showed up to play these damn playoffs this past 2 post season runs the Lakers would have had a better chance at winning more championships.

didn't know that. nevermind 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't mean to rub salt in your wounds, but welcome to a decade of irrelevance LA.

laugh.gif

Well he has a no trade clause so there's that
laugh.gif
And make no mistake, no matter what happens with Kobe there's no way in hell we'd go through a DECADE of irrelevance. It's the Lakers dude.
laugh.gif
When was the last time the Lakers didn't make any noise for a whole decade? We've played in damn near HALF of the Finals since the NBA has existed, and have only missed the playoffs like twice in the last few decades. The word "irrelevance" isn't even in our vocabulary. 

Here was the exact quote:

Kobe Bryant: "I’m not fading into the shadows. I’m not going anywhere. We’re not going anywhere...I’m not going for that $#!+."

The expletive being poops.
pimp.gif

You're not making any sense. He has two years left on his contract. In fact everyone comes off the books in 2014. So even if they do the go all in to maximize the most out of him, which they will do, LA is only on the hook for 2 seasons. Secondly, nobody would trade for him because he has 27 million to make next season and 30 in the last year, with the new CBA that's half the cap.
So you think after those 2 years when no contenders want Kobe, that he's going to let the Lakers not resign him?  He's going to be a Laker as long as he wants to play basketball, which will probably be longer than Jordan.
More than likely if the writing is on the wall, he'll walk away, but if he's still able to play at a fairly high level he'll resign but not at 27-30 million dollars which will free up space for other players, it's common sense guy.

you think he's gonna sign for the vet min or even a damn mid-level exception? We're talking about Kobe Bryant here.  But if he signed a vet min he would be my favorite player of all time until more of these greedy athletes realize that no one can force you to take more money.  I brought it up in a thread a while back that Lebron and Wade should of signed the minimums when they went to Miami because they don't need money (all coming from endorsements).  Then someone replied saying the league would block it and call it "tampering."  HOW CAN YOU FORCE SOMEONE TO WORK FOR MORE MONEY THAN THEY WANT??
I know I'm changing the subject and my ideas are a bit extreme, but oh well.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Got a feeling Lakers are going all in and try to trade Bynum, Gasol and whatever else Orlando wants for D12.

Bynum would be the best player Orlando could get for Dwight, but LA would still need a capable point guard, would Orlando include Jameer in a trade?

Capable Point Guard and Jameer Nelson should never be put in the same sentence..

And if they want to trade Bynum & Gasol together might as well trade them to a team where you could get multiple players who are actually good  

What does getting Dwight Howard do for the Lakers when the rest of the team is slow and can't shoot?

Originally Posted by PMatic

What does getting Dwight Howard do for the Lakers when the rest of the team is slow and can't shoot?

Gets us 1 diva for another... But this diva is less YOLO.

you think he's gonna sign for the vet min or even a damn mid-level exception? We're talking about Kobe Bryant here.  But if he signed a vet min he would be my favorite player of all time until more of these greedy athletes realize that no one can force you to take more money.  I brought it up in a thread a while back that Lebron and Wade should of signed the minimums when they went to Miami because they don't need money (all coming from endorsements).  Then someone replied saying the league would block it and call it "tampering."  HOW CAN YOU FORCE SOMEONE TO WORK FOR MORE MONEY THAN THEY WANT??
I know I'm changing the subject and my ideas are a bit asinine and baseless extreme, but oh well.
Fixed.

Kobe's taking up almost half the cap now. In 2014 he will be 35 years old completing his 18th season. He'll probably get a 2 year deal between 6-10 million that's enough for 2 really good pieces right there. The fact that you said Lakers and "irrelevance" in the same sentence gives you no credibility.

Crazy how much people flip-flop..I understand Bynum and his attitude but this man had a monster season, and all of you were on his wagon.

There is nothing D12 can do that Bynum can't. Shipping 'Drew out would be stupid. Now, Pau is a different story.

Fire Mike Brown, get a point guard and some decent/good role players. A few of them.

BACK FROM BAN CAMP and ...

I want to unleash my wrath on Pau "lack of balls" Gasol and Andrew "I'll play anywhere" Bynum . These two bums need to get shipped priority mail asap. I can't tolerate lack of passion and lack of heart

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

My dude Kobe deserve much better than this crap

Thank you OKC for putting this pathetic Lakers team out of its misery. The better team won. Much respect to them. Hope they win the championship this year

Mitch better have something up his sleeve this off season.

Until then...
Lakers never dies. We'll be back again

Back
Top Bottom