[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

I'll start it up when Spring Training is around the corner.

Our starting rotation isnt very good, wild card at best if the lineup stays healthy.

I can't be the only one seeing this team winning 90 games

if this idiot manuel put Jose in the 3rd hole who is he going to put in the leadoff spot

I'm a firm believer in Niese at this point. I think he's really going to emerge as a solid number 3 starter. If Pelfrey can give us the 15-17 wins he's capable of then we'll be in great shape, but if not...

Call me a pessimist but I'm no longer optimistic with this team.

Everything would have to go the Mets way in order for this to be a playoff team. Everybody would have to play the best of their abilities and/or potential and that's just not going to happen.

God, why is Castillo still here?

And, if Jose stays healthy, then i guess they can compete. Also, Jacobs better not be taking AB's away from Murphy.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Call me a pessimist but I'm no longer optimistic with this team.

Everything would have to go the Mets way in order for this to be a playoff team. Everybody would have to play the best of their abilities and/or potential and that's just not going to happen.
This is exactly how I feel. I 'll just see how spring training goes
laugh.gif
take it 1 day at a time
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

David Wright put on a lot of muscle this winter...

david_wright--300x450.jpg
eek.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I blame this on Citi Field's fences
laugh.gif

And i really don't undestand the Castillo hate, when dude was by farrrrrr the least of our problems last year.  He is a smart, veteran player who will only do better with a healthy Reyes in the lineup.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I still don't think we will be AS BAD as some of us are expecting
This... I think they could surprise everyone this year and this is coming from the most negative fan on here.

last season was an everything that could go wrong did go wrong type season.

i doubt that happens again., teams have bad years and rebound and we've seen it happen before.  if the team stays healthy their in the race for the wild card and possibly the nl east. key words are IF THE TEAM STAYS HEALTHY

ima go on stubhub pretty soon and try and get some tickets, ill probably be in new york in may and again in the summer so the goal is to make it to about 10 games this season.

^

do they have group deals or group packages on tickets. everytime i went to the dodger game summits that ben baller set up the tickets came out to $25 each for the all you can eat pavilion seats. if they had a similar ticket deal for citi field and enough people would be willing to pay someone reputable on here to get the tickets in a group package that would be the best route.

its not a summit but once i get my tickets for the games i go to, if anyone wants to meet up at citi field whenever im in new york im down for that, hell if i could get about 5 people on the board to make it to a game with me when im out there i'd be cool with that if that summit doesn't pop off.

Anyone see the game today? I got home in time to see Russ Adams' solo HR but none of the runs (or pitching) before that.

I think Ike Davis's grand slam is still traveling
sick.gif

We are starving for another TOP prospect, hope he is ready by next year. Dude had a great debut in the minors last year, he can't hit lefties for #$%@ yet though.

He's probably the reason we didn't trade for a 1st baseman.

Back
Top Bottom