[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

I figured Sheff would have to get a start in the OF sooner than later. May as well get a read on it now during the early part of the season, rather than lateron.

Hopefully he'll adjust quickly after having not played, either way, I still like him as an insurance policy (assuming he produces).

laugh.gif
@ Straw. I can't want until his book comes out.

Metsblog.com
Mike Pelfrey has been pitching with forearm tendonitis, according to an on air report from ESPN.com's Peter Gammons. In his two starts this season, Pelfrey has a 8.10 ERA, having allowed nine runs on 13 hits in ten innings, He has surrendered three home runs, walked six and struck out five.

Doesn't surprise me, he never gives up home runs.

I would be shocked if the Mets don't make a mid season move that involves pitching, especially if some teams fall out of the race + the economy.

I still don't get why Sheff is going to start tomm. Church is batting .400+ why take his bat out of the lineup? At least wait until he starts to cool off abit.

The Nationals have sent Lastings Milledge to AAA. He had gotten off to a SLOW start and had missed team meetings.

LOL.

Church hasn';t even K'd this season so far and Sheff has 2 in 3 AB's.

This lineup is not balanced, I'm going to have to retract my statement from last week about the lineup. I prefer to see this:

Reyes (S)
Castillo (S)
Beltran (S)
Delgado (L)
Wright (R)
Church (L)
Murphy (L)
Schneider (L)
Pitcher

Schneider pitching 7th is a joke with this current lineup, he needs to be moved down and Castillo should bat 2nd (as good as Murphy is).

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Church hasn';t even K'd this season so far and Sheff has 2 in 3 AB's.

This lineup is not balanced, I'm going to have to retract my statement from last week about the lineup. I prefer to see this:

Reyes (S)
Castillo (S)
Beltran (S)
Delgado (L)
Wright (R)
Murphy (L)
Schneider (L)
Pitcher

Schneider pitching 7th is a joke with this current lineup, he needs to be moved down and Castillo should bat 2nd (as good as Murphy is).

I'm guessing you meant to put Church 6th. If you do that though, then you have 3, possibly 4 straight lefties.

Well at least Ollie is pitching well. Looks like we'll be getting good ol' bi-polar Ollie this year instead of piece of crap Ollie.

Yeah my bad I meant to put Church 6th.

Although the bottom would be lefty heavy it would still be more productive than this current lineup.

Schneider 7th and Castillo 8th makes no sense.

I'm trying to think of another lineup, Schneider is the worst hitter so he needs to bat 8th

indifferent.gif
@ Sheff.

This is terrible. This move reeks of the GM over-riding the manager.

Just left the park, too God damn cold for me
laugh.gif
I must admit, it looks A LOT better in person. Compared to watching the home opener and images or the park Iwas surprised. Sheff GIDP with the bags full and no outs, smh. Perez was dealing. And Murphy
indifferent.gif
Anyone wanna tell me why Church isn't playing?

No reason why Church (with an off day yesterday) is sitting, he is batting .420+.

Its a learn-on-the-job deal with Murphy out there, IDK if he lost grip of the ball or what but that throw had me shaking my head. Cost the team a run again.

Told y'all just have Castillo bunt everyone over.
laugh.gif

edit:
For real though... how the Padres don't have ANY left-handed pitchers on their roster? They better trade for Swisher.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom