[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

all damn night long
indifferent.gif

i was about to post a stoneface but he actually did block him, damn.

murphy smh....a bullet hit RIGHT AT YOU are the hardest to read. i hope we dont lose bc of another error.

This is a confidence issue for Murphy. Jerry needs to give him a day or two off to clear his head. Or maybe just take him out after the 7th inning.

Another W pissed away.

CCCHHHHEEEEAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone needs to make a GIF of him missing the ball...........That looked pretty dope......the new FAIL picture for baseball

how would benching him help anyone? they just had an off day.

this comes with the territory when you have young players, let alone one playing out of position.

if the mets lose, which is 99% most likely, its on Ollie.

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good game..........GREAT relief pitching by the Cards tonight.

Glad we dont have to face Johan this series.

This team needs a power bat badly. How do we have every starter except for our catcher hitting .300 or better but we still aren't manufacturing runs?

I have no problem with Murphy beign tagged out at the plate. Yadie made a great block. But Beltran going in standing up with Yadie making another great blockis ridiculous. I rather you slide into him than walk next to him and get tagged.

the reason they arent manufacturing runs despite the high averages is because they cant get the hits when the spottlight is on, its that simple.

now, hits with risp is difficult not all teams are good, they dont need a power bat they need hitters who KNOW what it takes to get a runner home...whether itsa man on 3rd with 1 out or a man on 1st and 2nd with no outs.....bunting them over , sac flys...the little things.

jerry stressed it would be emphasized, but i dont see ANY base hit rbis unless is beltran, gado, and maybe reyes.

power is the last thing they need....church did the right thin with a sac bunt, but then nobody behind him got beltran home.

- I disagree with sitting Murphy. It will just kill his confidence at this point. Same thing with dropping him down in the lineup right now.

- 5 total stolen bases for this club thus far is unacceptable.

- Beltran not sliding is a mental lapse... Fielding errors are mental lapses... Getting picked off at 1st base by the catcher is a mental lapse... See whereI'm going with this? Jerry better get this club to start playing a bit more crisp than they have been. Because when you start having a team unprepared inthat sense, it all comes back on the manager. By NO means am I calling for Jerry to be on the hot seat. He doesn't deserve that yet. But stuff like thatdefinitely falls back on the manager.

- Typical Ollie. Either he starts off like trash or he starts off good and then turns into trash. I endorsed him coming back. But man, his inconsistency isfrustrating.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

the reason they arent manufacturing runs despite the high averages is because they cant get the hits when the spottlight is on, its that simple.

now, hits with risp is difficult not all teams are good, they dont need a power bat they need hitters who KNOW what it takes to get a runner home...whether its a man on 3rd with 1 out or a man on 1st and 2nd with no outs.....bunting them over , sac flys...the little things.

jerry stressed it would be emphasized, but i dont see ANY base hit rbis unless is beltran, gado, and maybe reyes.

power is the last thing they need....church did the right thin with a sac bunt, but then nobody behind him got beltran home.

Thing is when you have guys hitting for power, you don't have to worry about RISP as much. But I agree with you we don't need another bat, but theseguys need to start hitting for more extra bases especially Reyes.

its been nothing but mental lapses these 2 weeks to start the year, no aggressive base stealing.....team neeeds to wake up.

but when its all said and done starters blew 3-0 leads twice, and Ollie couldnt hold a 4-0 lead. starters have to pitch better, but thankfully its extremelyearly.

there really isnt much else to say that hasen't been said. i think ive only seen a streak of 4-5 consecutive hits once this year, when someone gets a hitthe person behind them doesnt...no cohesion to start the year.

Be honest Mez, how confident are you in this rotation? Because I have very little confidence. I think the biggest mistake we could do would be not going aftera quasi big name pitcher at the deadline. I donn't mean a Doc Halladay, but somebody that can consistently get the job done.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Be honest Mez, how confident are you in this rotation? Because I have very little confidence. I think the biggest mistake we could do would be not going after a quasi big name pitcher at the deadline. I donn't mean a Doc Halladay, but somebody that can consistently get the job done.
I was against it originally but we should have gone after Lowe.

Be honest Mez, how confident are you in this rotation? Because I have very little confidence. I think the biggest mistake we could do would be not going after a quasi big name pitcher at the deadline. I donn't mean a Doc Halladay, but somebody that can consistently get the job done.
Seems like we have a far better 5th starter than last year, and Ollie is going to be Ollie and at years end he will have solid numbers.

But besides that, this years success will fall on pelf and maine. Pelfrey has been hurt and already missed a start so I can't judge him yet because we knowwhat he can do when healthy, and Maine has at least shown promise (better than last year that's for sure).

This team will def make a move for a starter IMO.

I'm not 100% confident but they are more than capable of being a very good rotation, its still April a LOT of teams are off to slow starts. Last year thisteam blew leads late, now they are blowing leads in the middle of the game.
grin.gif

Lowe would of been a dumb signing, 4 years at his age and that money? Sure its nice for THIS year but long term no.

Yea if Lowe was reasonable and took a 2 year deal I would have loved to gotten him. Hopefully Maine comes into his groove, but regardless if he does or notOmar still has to go after another starter. Too much pitching never hurts.

Yea if Lowe was reasonable and took a 2 year deal I would have loved to gotten him. Hopefully Maine comes into his groove, but regardless if he does or not Omar still has to go after another starter. Too much pitching never hurts.
I'm confident once Maine gets healthy he'll be fine.

It's Pelfrey that I am worried about, he still has been awful his entire career besides the second half of the season last year.

^ But he always had the tools to be a great pitcher, he was a high draft choice for a reason. He was pretty much a prospect trying to figure things out, thatwas delayed due to the mismanagement on the Mets part (what else is new). He finally figured it out despite using only 2 pitches....shoot there have been manygreat pitchers who used only 2 pitches (4 seamer and cutter).

I'm not saying Pelf will be great but he is a guy that throws strikes and challenges guys, not many young pitchers do that nowadays. Once he's healthywe'll have a very good 1-2 and we just have to hope for the best with Maine and Ollie. I think Livan will be solid all year, 4ERA is very likely.

Baseball is a sport on pitching, we can complain about the lack of clutch hits from this team b/c that's nothing new for the past 3 years (although the 2ndhalf of last year they were GREAT), but if we get great starting pitching this team will be a force. Big IF though, but its only the start of week 3, who knowsthis team can get things going next month.

Back
Top Bottom