[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Benching him for a game won't do @$%+ cuz he's been benched for the same thing before. Bench him for 2 or 3.

Mez may be right in the sense that Jose will probably pout and go into a funk after that.

But you know what? It's early enough in the season where he'll be able to rebound.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Reyes benched...thoughts?

About time. It was one thing for him to be childish when he was still 22, 23 but he should be a leader of this team by now and he is nowhere near. I hope thisbenching at least wakes him up.

supervising overnight till 3am ftl, gotta follow through espn.com on my phone smh.

mets have 6 hits already through 3 but only 2 runs....well now 3 with the passed ball.

Reyes wouldf of made that play
smh.gif

About +%!%%%# time Jerry unleashed these dudes on the basepaths.

Double steal was ballsy.

I walked to a bar close by, took a break from work caught the last 3 innings.

- That play by Cora was def not easy, I was amazed he even got to that ball to begin with no throw would've got him.

- Beltran is a monster, I've never seen him go to the opposite field this often, this could be the first year he hits over .300 if he keeps this up, he iscarrying this team.

- Nice job by David and Ramon to go oppo

- That 0-2 pitch K-Rod was
sick.gif
laugh.gif

- Maine with 4 straight good outings.

This game was needed, the Freak is on the mound tomm.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I walked to a bar close by, took a break from work caught the last 3 innings.

- That play by Cora was def not easy, I was amazed he even got to that ball to begin with no throw would've got him.

- Beltran is a monster, I've never seen him go to the opposite field this often, this could be the first year he hits over .300 if he keeps this up, he is carrying this team.

- Nice job by David and Ramon to go oppo

- That 0-2 pitch K-Rod was
sick.gif
laugh.gif

- Maine with 4 straight good outings.

This game was needed, the Freak is on the mound tomm.
grin.gif
We killed him last year in our one appearance against him but I doubt that happens again.

I opted to skip tonight's game in order to go Saturday to see Santana. I figured I can see the giants whenever not so much with the Mets. I'mhappy/excited to say I'll be basically on field level Saturday. Definitely getting there early enough for BP.

I'll be on the 3rd base side sporting a Met's cap.

From what I remember in that game vs the FREAK last year, I think he was on short rest and the Mets scored their only runs on a homer by TRON.

But regardless its vs Livan so it won't be easy but damn...I never realized how mediocre the Giants lineup is.

But still the Giants have a great home record because of their good pitching there, none of these games will be a breeze.

Metsblog:

[h2][/h2]
Buzz: The Delgado Situation
By Matthew Cerrone - May 15, 2009 2:01 pm
3449397051_6d4cf2a87f.jpg
WFAN's Mike Francesa said on air the Mets are meeting to talk about what to do with Carlos Delgado, discussing whether to put him on the 15-day disabled list, to doing nothing, to seeing if he may require surgery, which could keep him out of the lineup over an extended-period of time.

Francesa believes the Mets could realistically acquire Nationals 1B Nick Johnson or White Sox OF Jermaine Dye, 'for cheap,' or trade high-priced talent to get A's Matt Holliday, Astros OF Carlos Lee or Padres 1B Adrian Gonzalez.

…i would add O's 1B Aubrey Huff to that list, who could play first base and left field, and who is a free agent at the of this season, and playing for a team with zero chance of making the playoffs

…the way i understand this, there are a lot of moving parts here, though…

…first, the team needs to decide delgado's future, while also being honest about whether Daniel Murphy is ready to be a starting first baseman on a contending team… if delgado is out, francesa's right, Omar Minaya will need to acquire a bat, though i believe they'll go slow and wait out Fernando Tatis and Gary Sheffieldfor a week or so… if murphy is first base material, it will be easier to put him there and acquire a guy like dye, or wait a month later and make a move for holliday, which i bet could end up costing Jon Niese… if murphy isn't ready, he'll need to remain in left field, at which point minaya will need to find a first baseman better than tatis or Jeremy Reed

…i would love to see them acquire Adrian Gonzalez, who is strong on defense and steady at the plate… but, a) i can't see the Padres making such a trade so soon, and b) gonzalez is affordable and under contract through 2011, and this would
images
mean blocking first base from murphy, who the team views as the long-term solution post-delgado…

…the problem is, a team like the A's, while five games under .500, are also just four losses back of first place… which is not to say they'll win the division, but it could still be too early to expect them to cut bait on holliday, when there is still money to made in attendance… also, any deal for holliday will have to be weighed against beane's other option, which is keeping holliday and getting two draft picks when he walks via free agency at the end of the season…

I know the ump blew the call at 3rd yesterday, granted he was blocked from the view.....but the ump had a perfect view of that play at 3rd just now and hestill screwed it up.

Baseball umps are pretty bad this year.

4 straight sliders to Aurilia who's been awful, you think you could switch it up Livan I think we he was sitting on that pitch.
indifferent.gif

Let Livan takes his lumps, terrible or not he needs to go at least 6.

Back
Top Bottom