NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

Bring up Nick Evans who is actually hitting the ball, and has done well in his previous stints in the Majors, and if Pagan gets hurt you throw Frenchy in Center and Evans in Right. Matthews is hurting us too much to even keep him up here simply because he's the only pure CF the organization has. Hell, I'd rather see Jason Pirdie up here.

Wright really needs to start getting around on those inside pitches early in the games. Pitchers have figured him out, time to adjust. Don't have them force you off the plate.

Just cause Frenchy is a good corner outfielder doesn't make him a great center fielder (ie Fernando). The Beltran injury is pretty much a chain effect, if he were fine Pagan would be the 4th outfielder, guys like Tatis and Murphy would be on the bench full time and give us more depth.

The fact that it still hurts Beltran when he runs means don't expect him anytime soon. You know Pagan will eventually miss time due to something and I like Pagan, our lineup really needs that one bat which is Beltran so Reyes can move back to leadoff.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Wright really needs to start getting around on those inside pitches early in the games. Pitchers have figured him out, time to adjust. Don't have them force you off the plate.
Wright is done. This is coming from a yankee fan that actually roots for the mets

indifferent.gif

But anyways:

[h4]Mets on the verge of a revival[/h4]

By Bobby Valentine
ESPN
Archive
In 1994, I became the Triple-A manager of the Mets, and then in 1996 I became the major league manager. I spent seven years there looking at the franchise grow into a very competitive team, and now the surging Mets have a team on the field that can contend with just about anyone in the National League East. The Mets have done an excellent job of overcoming adversity early on in the season, including injuries to some of their star players. The Mets dropped the opener of a series with Washington, with whom they entered Monday's game tied for second in the NL East, two back of the division-leading Phillies. The Nationals may be the surprise team now, but don't be surprised if they are very near the same place in the fall. Between these two clubs, the Mets have an edge because they have more quality players and a better bullpen.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/notebook/_/page/bbtn100511/baseball-tonight-clubhouse#/sports.espn.go.com/espn/gallery/enlargePhoto?id=5179209&story=5178906">http://sports.espn.go.com...179209&...idth=640,height=750,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">
mlb_a_josants_300.jpg

Even though David Wright entered Monday's game having struck out in nine consecutive official at-bats, he came into this season trying to hit with more power and he's already proved that he can do that. (He went 2-for-4 in Monday's 3-2 loss.) At this point, he's hitting more home runs at a greater pace than he did last year. Last season, he had only 10 home runs all season and this year he already has seven. Of course, he's already struck out 41 times this season, but changing his batting style 15 games into the season to eliminate the leg kick may be a viable reason for the increase. The Mets' potential is clear: If the Phillies falter a little, the Mets will win the division. If they don't win, I think they will fight until the end for that NL wild-card spot. The key for them is getting Carlos Beltran back to play center field and keeping their starting pitching staff healthy for the entire season. They have quality arms out on the mound, and only the Atlanta Braves and Florida Marlins have guys who can match them. It's definitely safe to say that 2010 has brought a new feel to the NL East.
Bobby Valentine is an analyst for "Baseball Tonight."

Bobby really wants that job
laugh.gif
But I do agree with him, we have gotten some good pitching the offense has just been extremely inconsistent and Reyes/Wright/Bay have yet to get it going.

I'd seriously consider moving Reyes back to the lead off spot and see what Pagan could do hitting third, or move Bay up to third and have Wright bat cleanup.

Bay is streaky, so I think it's time that we see the better part of being streaky and that's being HOT and not ice cold.

Wright needs a day off.

And we need to stop getting thrown out of games for getting in the ump's face at homeplate. Especially Reyes last night, you deserve to get punched out taking that pitch with 2 strikes. Swing the bat damnit.

25 Ks in 2 games, this needs to stop.

I don't mind dudes getting thrown out, but the Reyes strike 3 call was a terrible pitch to get tossed on. You have to swing at that.
Wright needs to show some toughness on those inside pitches. Next time one comes close to his head threaten to charge the mound. Show opposing pitchers that if you come inside you're gonna get clocked.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I don't mind dudes getting thrown out, but the Reyes strike 3 call was a terrible pitch to get tossed on. You have to swing at that.
Wright needs to show some toughness on those inside pitches. Next time one comes close to his head threaten to charge the mound. Show opposing pitchers that if you come inside you're gonna get clocked.
could not have said it better myself. last few years the mets have been soft, thanks to willies quiet approach and now jerrys laid back "whatevs LOL" style of managing, phillies are mentally tougher and we need to change that. We have arguably one of the most fiery pitchers in santana, its time for wright to step up and kick $+!. dont let the nats steal one at home and i if they do at least theyll know theyre IN NY..

Wright hit the ball and it hit the pitcher for some reason I'm happy
grin.gif

Originally Posted by d5

Nats are no longer a joke to me.  They built a squad that can compete and it sucks to see that and watch the Mets still have voids to fill.  Not saying this season is lost based on just these two games vs the Nats but comparing the two teams Nats are on the verge of being NL east contenders. 
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
Its sad to see.
Nats are 3 years away from being NL East contenders. They still need a couple of starters (not including Strasburg and Jordan Zimmermann), corner outfielders and a sharper bullpen. They're not going to keep this up with the team they have, although they're headed in a very good direction, especially when they draft Bryce Harper.

The Animal
pimp.gif

I still can't believe they won...that really caught me by surprise
laugh.gif

This game was very frustrating to watch since they let so many guys on, esp with Reyes popping up with the bases loaded and 1 out.
sick.gif

Ike + railing = win.

Seriously, Ike. Ridiculous.

Good to see Carter in there, finally someone who can step up in a big situation off the bench.

amazing win tonite. very pleased to see GMJ get a hit, cuz if he has to be here till beltran gets back might as well contribute.

CARTER ftw. cattanalototookakaroto wouldve grounded into a DP :smh:and the bullpen stellar again. all good signs. this team is showing fiesty-ness. LGMs

Back
Top Bottom