NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

Roger Bernadina > the New York Mets.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2/3 from the Mets once again. i'm not going to brag, the Nats are just the superior ball club.

Why does Reyes think he has homerun power? He doesn't. They need to put Reyes back into #1 slot, Angel Pagan ( doing a great job ) is #2. Put Castillo as #8 or 9 so we have a decent bat and speed towards the bottom of the lineup. When the &*&^ is J.Bay going to show he's worth the $ he's making?

Not really a big deal they had chances to win, that could've been a bases clearing hit for Franc.

This is not the same team as earlier in the season, they are relevant when most of ya'll thought we wouldn't be, the O is inconsistent but they don't quit.

off to Florida.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Why does Reyes think he has homerun power? He doesn't. They need to put Reyes back into #1 slot, Angel Pagan ( doing a great job ) is #2. Put Castillo as #8 or 9 so we have a decent bat and speed towards the bottom of the lineup. When the &*&^ is J.Bay going to show he's worth the $ he's making?
Speed in the 8 spot doesn't really do much when you have the pitcher batting behind him. I rather keep Barajas there who is driving in runs, than move Slappy down and see a bunch of infield hits that do nothing but clear the pitcher's spot for the next inning.

Line up should be Reyes, Castillo, Pagan, Bay, Wright, Ike, Frenchy, Big Rod.

Reyes just hasn't been comfortable at all yet and thats to be expected, IDK if you can bat Pagan 3rd though I like his approach the way it is.

We just need that one big bat in the lineup but he's out o_O.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Reyes just hasn't been comfortable at all yet and thats to be expected, IDK if you can bat Pagan 3rd though I like his approach the way it is.

We just need that one big bat in the lineup but he's out o_O.
Sure can't bat Reyes
laugh.gif

I'd like to see what Ike could do in the 3 hole, but I don't wanna put that kind of pressure on him.

Reyes would be struggling no matter where he is though.

This is a good game to watch......nice.....quick.....good pitching...hope the Mets can win late.

Thats so bad...Reyes can't even bunt and instead pops up and can't advance the runner.

Reyes could NEVER bunt but right now he is just struggling a lot, looks very tentative.

It's cool when Brad Klontz does it the last game of the season to force a 1 game playoff, but it's embarrassing when we lose like that.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2010/269964.html
Baseball America's Top Prospect Ranking Hot Sheet (Wilmer Flores ranked 2nd behind STRASBURG)

We won't get many chances to honor Stephen Strasburg on the Prospect Hot Sheet. Last year's No. 1 overall pick is expected to be pitching in Washington by June, but thankfully his  Triple-A stay with Syracuse gives us one last glimpse of him as a minor leaguer.

You may have noticed that the Prospect HotSheet looks a little different this year. The content is the same, butwe've partnered with Bowman Baseball to present Hot Sheet. So inaddition to getting the skinny on which prospects are doing themost to help their stock, you can also get a glimpse at the baseballcards of some of baseball's best prospects.

As wehave warned for years now, remember that this is not a re-ranking ofthe Top 100 Prospects. This is a snapshot of which top prospects areexcelling and which ones are struggling right now. Stats cover thedates May 7 through last night, May 13.

Its crazy when it's been over 3 years since following him, and he just turned 16 at the time (and he just got his braces removed).
laugh.gif

"Manuel hints at Reyes change »

By Andy Martino

MIAMI—A few minutes after four this afternoon, Jose Reyes and Jerry Manuel stood facing one another in a corner of the Mets clubhouse, each crouched in a batting stance. Manuel was trying to help Reyes slow his hitting approach, which remains fraught with antsiness.

Half an hour later, the manager hinted for the first time that he might attempt to help his shortstop in another way, by restoring him to his customary leadoff position.

“Anything’s possible with Jerry Manuel,

What I wanna know is why the hell does Jerry need two more days to evaluate this godforsaken lineup. It hasn't worked in two damn weeks, don't you think that is enough evidence of change being necessary? I swear man, Jerry could really be an idiot at times. If you're going to change the lineup in two days why the hell not do it today and get it over with?

Ollie can only pitch in 74 degree, partly cloudy weather. It just wasn't his day. Three more starts and he'll throw a gem...followed by 4 more blowouts. Mental $#%#@%% ******.

There's no way another team would trade for him unless the Mets absorb most of that terrible salary and even then, who knows.  Best bet is to put him in the bullpen and hope to get a couple good innings out of him here and there. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Ollie...How can you give this guy this many chances and not realize that he SUCKS and can't pitch in any weather.  Honestly this HAS to be the last game Mets can't be that stupid enough to give this guy another chance.

I really feel bad for Oliver right now. I loved him when we got him in the Nady trade, I loved him even more in game 7 and went out and bought his jersey at the first Met game I went to the following year, I was one of the few people that were really in favor of signing him to the 3 year 36 million dollar deal, and I really want to see him succeed and get his career back on track. He's always been a special talent, and I thought he had it all figured it out after 06 and 07, but then we fired Peterson for Lord knows why and it all went downhill. It's easy talking about it in hindsight, but it's obvious that Peterson was one of the few men in baseball capable of getting the most out of Oliver Perez.

Having said that, it's time we move on and I don't think going down to the minors is the right move for either party at this point. Ollie needs a change of scenery, and the Mets need to eat his contract and move on.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but I hope Ollie teams up with Dave Duncan somewhere down the line so he could hopefully figure it out. I think with the right pitching coach and organization you can see Ollie doing well. He won't be dominant like he was at times in the past, but I think he has the chance to be a consistent 6 innings and 4 runs pitcher, which isn't all that bad.

You can't just release him, let him go down ala Steve Trachsel cause at this point he's just embarrassing himself out there.

he has the chance to be a consistent 6 innings and 4 runs pitcher, which isn't all that bad.

At his pay that is turrible.

...and I love Franc but the guy needs a day or two off BADLY. Let the Animal start in RF for now at least.

.500 record, we are what our record indicates.

The thing with sending Ollie down is I've read he wouldn't accept the assignment, so I mean in that case if he's reluctant and I doubt we find any suitors without eating most of his contract, we might as well release him.

I agree with you on Frenchy. He's been banged up and playing everyday. He needs a day to clear his head and get a little rest.

you guys think that converting mejia to a starting pitcher would be a good option ? dude has electric stuff and i know for a fact would by default be a better option than ollie

He is a starter though, but if he's going to start it would have to be next season.

I'm not a fan of just throwing a kid out there when he's been in the pen all year ala Joba.

Back
Top Bottom