NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

He is a starter though, but if he's going to start it would have to be next season.

I'm not a fan of just throwing a kid out there when he's been in the pen all year ala Joba.
Yeah just look at what happened to Joba the past couple of years. I don't want to screw with Mejia like that. I'd actually prefer if we moved him to Triple A this year to work on his command and secondary pitches this way he has a good amount of starts in the minors and could realistically be ready to be a starter on opening day instead of us not knowing how long it'll be until he's ready.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

He is a starter though, but if he's going to start it would have to be next season.

I'm not a fan of just throwing a kid out there when he's been in the pen all year ala Joba.
Yeah just look at what happened to Joba the past couple of years. I don't want to screw with Mejia like that. I'd actually prefer if we moved him to Triple A this year to work on his command and secondary pitches this way he has a good amount of starts in the minors and could realistically be ready to be a starter on opening day instead of us not knowing how long it'll be until he's ready.
yea you guys are right it's not worth it

Ollie to the bullpen. I guess this could work in a sense since the past few starts he has done somewhat well in the first two innings, but it probably won't. We need to find a suitor within the next week or so and if nobody wants him, then cut him.

This team is so mediocre it kills me...If Reyes isn't playing good in another month, I don't know what excuse you can make for the guy.

Theyre lucky they tied it, that opening slew of walks was atrocious
sick.gif

This is so frustrating after watching that winning streak and witnessing potential great pitching and hitting.  The body language in that clubhouse is so beat and confused now.  When they added Ike they started playing great but now everything is slumping and now free falling in the standings.  No idea what Jerry can do now to break out of this slump.

The O looks to be a little better with Reyes back up top, but now the starters have had an average week or so.

You should expect the up and downs at this point, but nobody in the lineup has been on a tear except for Frenchy to start the year....it's going to happen.

I like The Animals nervous energy, dude looks like he wants to punch someone in the face.
laugh.gif

If Reyes isn't playing good in another month, I don't know what excuse you can make for the guy.

he was out for a whole year and a half but he is hitting more ground balls and making contact lately, week or so ago he was missing everything. He still looks ansty in the batters box, it will come.

But what upsets me more is Ollie taking up a roster spot in the pen and not accepting his minor league assignment....I'm guessing when Igarashi comes back they'll send Mejia down so he can start again (and that is where he should be).

Reyes keeps hitting ground balls, good sign.

Good job Bay...NOT! Hope the Animal can come through.

I wouldn't be surprised if Niese is out for a while now, I just can't be positive anymore. Well...how about the fact that this new lineup actually produced some runs. Too bad it took Jerry so long to change things around. Also too bad it was after a slew of errors and $%*%%% pitching. And Gary Matthews actually got a hit...TWO!!! AND an RBI.

Yeah Reyes will stay up top for good, I don't mind The Animal batting cleanup he hits line drives. Neise did say he is not even sore so that is encouraging.

Barajas has been playing out of his mind to start the season.

I wonder what the Wilpons meeting in the Atlanta was really about
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

K-rod always making things interesting
grin.gif
...Big Pelf came thru tonight

Good +%%% Pelf.

David had some really good at bats today even though he has no hits.

Nothing but ground balls by Reyes, good signs.

Question if someone who has been to Citi can help me out, what section should I sit in if I wanna roam from my seats to stand and watch the game? Kinda similar to the Yankee Stadium bleachers I guess. Any help is appreciated.

You can get a ticket for any seat and roam around the standing areas (pretty much anywhere).

Throw a pitch up and in to Wright early in the at bat to get him shook, then strike him out.

Pretty terrible not being able to get someone in from 2nd with no outs in the 9th and the heart of the order batting. Now the Braves have their leadoff batter on...no good.

Pretty boy is going to lose us the game with that at bat.

I think he needs his OWN hitting coach, otherwise get a new one altogether and give Hojo a different role with this team.

Back
Top Bottom