NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If the Mets trade Wright or Reyes I am done with this organization. I swear to %+#%%$+ God. They are not the goddamn problem, it's the @!$**@+! around them.

marlins holla at yall and offer uggla and hanley for neise, reyes and martinez u wont go for it?

or anaheim offers kendrick and aybar for reyes and prospects u wont go for it?

The Marlins would never make that trade and the Mets would hang up the phone on that trade from Anaheim.

My favorite season of the mets has got to be 1999 when we had Rob Venturan Todd Pratt, Al Leiter, Carlos Beltron and Robbie Bell !!! I still have my trapper keeper from that year LOL!
smile.gif

Lulz.

Not enough runs from the offense...Pagan should be starting in CF if Tron cannot run at full speed with that brace.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Not enough runs from the offense...Pagan should be starting in CF if Tron cannot run at full speed with that brace.

Jerry cares about about Carlos pride too much to move him. I don't know any other team who 3rd hitter batting around 200. I know he came back from an injury but even kung fu panda slid down in his order

did u guys hear the rumor regarding a trade for yall

via wfan

mets/mariners deal

mariners get:

fernando martinez
luis castillo

mets get:

chone figgins

this is just a rumor for now

F-Mart and Tejada back to the show. My guess is two of Felicano, Cora, or Francouer are off the roster. I'd like to see us find a way to get Chone Figgins on this team. He'd be a good fit, especially if we can get him by dumping either Ollie or Castillo.

Edit: Cora released, Feliciano demoted. Frenchy, Castillo, Ollie, and Beltran need to be off this team in the off-season. I'd consider moving Pelf as well, as long as it meant getting another young arm in return like Wade Davis.

Tron won't be moved unless we are out of it mid season in 2011, I expect him to have a big year next season esp since its a contract year.

Bay should have a bounce back season, no way he can be any worse and a ballpark like Citi Field needs adjustment. I just hate how the park deprives of Reyes/Wrights strengths. Wright has good opposite field power to right center but now its like 415 feet. Reyes has good power from the left side to pull HR's to right field but not with the MO ZONE out there.
sick.gif

Getting rid of Castillo is a good move I don't care who is involved. I was never too hard on him but his baseball IQ is so low. Bunting a hitter to 2nd base for the pitcher to drive him in was the last straw for me.

We just have to get rid of the dead weights from the team.....WE EXPECT SOOOOOO MUCH out of Reyes and Wright but they are only two players. This rest of the lineup cannot string consecutive hits together (Ike has his moments but I am satisfied overall with his rookie season, great surprise and good to stay long term).

....and we need a # 2 pitcher this offseason but Minaya's hands are tied from spending. Omar is a very aggressive guy when it comes to deals, but the Wilpons do not want to spend a dime more.

Idk where we're going to get a number 2, the market is exceptionally weak after Cliff Lee. I did read earlier that Greinke has told the Royals that he's aggravated with them and they may be open to trading him. I'd gladly offer them Pelf, F-Mart, Havens (or Tejada), and either Holt, Familia or Urbina. Hell they could give KC anybody, but Mejia.

Wokeup today and saw the mets with an early 2-0 lead and decided to watch the game. After Reyes's error all I felt was 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
 and now we are losing 6-2. I'm not even going to finish watching the game and hopefully the Mets will make a comeback later ( yea... right 
roll.gif
)

i am done with wright. i hope the mets put him out there to atleast get some teams interested in what they would give up for him.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

i am done with wright. i hope the mets put him out there to atleast get some teams interested in what they would give up for him.
Honestly, why are you a Mets fan? You hate every player on this team.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Honestly, why are you a Mets fan? You hate every player on this team.
dont hate every player on this team. i just cant stand players with no heart like wright

I didn't know having heart equated to getting hits at the Major League level, this aiin't football.

Good game so far, hopefully Lidge blows one.

would u guys agree that your season went downhill when beltran came back?

my brother whos a met fan was discussing this with me and he said that they should have started him off as a ph instead of staring him in cf and that it killed the teams chemistry

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

would u guys agree that your season went downhill when beltran came back?

my brother whos a met fan was discussing this with me and he said that they shoild had started him off as a ph instead of staring him in cf
blaming beltran is just an excuse. this team went downhill after the stellar pitching they were getting the offense didnt produce. think of all those well pitched games we lost cause we couldnt hit. this season was lost when upper management brang ollie back to the team. this was the wrong message to send to the team. jose reyes hasnt played all year, pagan has been our most consistent player and mvp of this team,wright has been ok putting up numbers but on pace to strikeout 200 times,ike is a rookie who will be our first baseman for many years to come,frenchy has been clutch lately but lets face it hes an automatic out,barrajas gave us a great first half but is non existent since. and ofcourse bay who has been a complete bust. too many negatives on this team, lets start getting rid of them

Back
Top Bottom