NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

i still have hope
tired.gif

if we sweep both series vs the pirates/astros and not lose any series from here on out we're in
happy.gif

tired.gif

The Mets were losing BEFORE Beltran came back, especially during that trip to Puerto Rico and losing to the Reds at home after wards.

jose reyes hasnt played all year, pagan has been our most consistent player and mvp of this team,wright has been ok putting up numbers but on pace to strikeout 200 times,ike is a rookie who will be our first baseman for many years to come,frenchy has been clutch lately but lets face it hes an automatic out,barrajas gave us a great first half but is non existent since. and ofcourse bay who has been a complete bust. too many negatives on this team, lets start getting rid of them

Reyes and Pagan at the top has been really good, and Reyes has been holding his own esp since he missed an entire season. Ike will be fine I agree.

Bay was a bust but with 3+ years left there is no doubt in my mind he will eventually adjust and find a comfort zone here. Barajas came back down to Earth and Frenchy is a platoon player at best but he has been clutch lately. Wright will K a lot but he's hitting for power at least (last year it was more of a concern cause there was zero power IMO).

They just cannot string hits together, too many different things going on (Bay not out there, Beltran battling himself, etc). I am just glad ownership has FINALLY agreed to put Castillo on the bench, hopefully they trade him during the last year of his contract in 2011, let Ollie rot in the minors, etc. Just get rid of the rotten pieces around Reyes/Wright.

should we keep pagan for next year? i like this team with the youngins mixed in there. tejada is fun too watch hopefully he can hit more. maybe sit frenchy and give f mart some more playing time, what do ya think? which positions do we have to play with in adding new pieces for next season

Rf and 2nd base. We don't need all that much at second, and it would be ideal if we could fill this role internally with Reese Havenss, but if not, I'd like to see us add a left handed bat in the infield. I'd also love to bring in David Eckstein who I believe is a free agent after the year to really change the chemistry and character of this team.

I wasnt happy when Beltran came back. I figured Frenchy would sit. And hes a streaky hitter, he needs to be playing frequently to be a better hitter. Not to mention Frenchy leads the whole National league in assists. He plays good D, and has a decent bat, we should keep him. Dump Oliver Perez, Castillo, Beltran and John Maine. And David Wright is good among the average players, among the stars, hes not that good.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Rf and 2nd base. We don't need all that much at second, and it would be ideal if we could fill this role internally with Reese Havenss, but if not, I'd like to see us add a left handed bat in the infield. I'd also love to bring in David Eckstein who I believe is a free agent after the year to really change the chemistry and character of this team.

kelly johnson would fit nicely at 2nd for yall, and he a lefty

It would be a good display of determination, if the Mets fired Manuel.MINAYA is ok, he does moves. Manuel does a horrible job mixing the talent and abilities ebery game. He's one of the worst managers to put together a lineup.NEXT !!!!!!

It would be a good display of determination, if the Mets fired Manuel.MINAYA is ok, he does moves. Manuel does a horrible job mixing the talent and abilities ebery game. He's one of the worst managers to put together a lineup.NEXT !!!!!!

Originally Posted by MrDozo

wut?

Podcast from Cora's interview this morning:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/category/sports/boomer-carton

Cora was so classy this morning---saying he wasn't dropped because of his contract, but because he was batting .207 and wasn't producing up to snuff and the team needs to start looking to the future.
He was asked about the team's issues, and he noted that they would get very down when losing, and stay there mentally, and then very high when they won, only to sink again in terms of confidence and attitude. He said they lacked the consistency in attitude and approach that is necessary for a winning team. He said Luis now needs to mentor Ruben and the young guys since Luis has only been able to play at 75% physically, and that while people understand Ollie's right to refuse demotion, when the players hear management say "they don't know how or when to use him"--that is deflating to the team and wasting a roster spot. He noted that Ollie should pitch in Mexico for winter ball and reinvent himself.

Realistically speaking, can the Mets still make the playoffs this year? I'm not talking about going far into the Playoffs.

They're only 8 games back in the wild card with 51 more to go.

They're playing some wild card rivals and have a chance to gain some ground.

Rockies did it and made the Playoffs, what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by kcenaek0rb

Realistically speaking, can the Mets still make the playoffs this year? I'm not talking about going far into the Playoffs.

They're only 8 games back in the wild card with 51 more to go.

They're playing some wild card rivals and have a chance to gain some ground.

Rockies did it and made the Playoffs, what do you guys think?
If we beat up Ubaldo tonight, it'll be the second coming of the 73 Mets.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Big changes are needed in the off-season...This staff needs to be re-invented completely.
If we get a true # 2 behind Santana and Neise is 3rd, everything else will fall into place.

Pitching hasn't really been the problem surprisingly this year, the offense just isn't built right.

Granted we have a rookie adjusting, Beltran coming back from a year off, and Bay having a miserable first year.......that is the middle of our lineup. We have a LOT of streaky guys, we need some consistency and veteran leadership.

As long as I can see the younger guys getting PT over the rotten players like Castillo and Ollie, I am straight.

lol @wright. why would you throw a hanging slider when you have a 97 mph fastball?
smh.gif
  frankie has to be up there to save this game in the 8th with 2 outs. at this point just gotta focus on winning series at home cause u know damn well they wont win anything on the road.

Attorney: Woman who claims Mets' Santana raped her files lawsuit

A Florida woman who accused New York Mets ace Johan Santana of rape last year has filed a civil suit after authorities declined to prosecute the case.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday in Lee County, Fla., accuses Santana of sexually assaulting her in Oct. 2009 on a Fort Myers golf course, her lawyers say.

"I had thought I was going to play tennis with a man who up to that point had been nothing but friendly to me and my kids," said the woman, who identifies herself as a 35-year-old single mother of two. "After 10 months of emotional turmoil from the assault, losing the baby and watching him go unprosecuted, I have realized this difficult step is the only way Mr. Santana will be held accountable."

The lawsuit seeks damages in excess of $15,000.

Santana, who claimed the sex was consensual, said after Tuesday's game: "It's still the same, I won't comment. It's a legal matter. The truth will come out. I'm just gonna wait and see but I can't give any further comment at this time."

Attorney's for the women filed the lawsuit after investigators decided not to pursue the criminal case, and because his client thought Santana was not taking it seriously.
Damn Mets are in all sorts of trouble.

Police: Mets reliever Rodriguez in custody

(AP) – 19 minutes ago

NEW YORK — New York Mets reliever Francisco Rodriguez is in custody after what police called a "physical assault" on a family member at Citi Field.Police say Rodriguez will be charged with third-degree assault.

Police say the incident occurred after the Mets' 6-2 loss to the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday night. Police did not say which family member Rodriguez scuffled with, but said the unidentified man had minor injuries.The Mets confirmed there was an incident between Rodriguez and his family, and referred all questions to the police.

More problems...

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Big changes are needed in the off-season...This staff needs to be re-invented completely.
If we get a true # 2 behind Santana and Neise is 3rd, everything else will fall into place.

Pitching hasn't really been the problem surprisingly this year, the offense just isn't built right.

Granted we have a rookie adjusting, Beltran coming back from a year off, and Bay having a miserable first year.......that is the middle of our lineup. We have a LOT of streaky guys, we need some consistency and veteran leadership.

As long as I can see the younger guys getting PT over the rotten players like Castillo and Ollie, I am straight.
Is there any situation you can't spin positively
laugh.gif
...This team sucks, Beltran is washed, Bay is a bust, and Pelfrey and Niese are back of the rotation guys at their point.  Their are holes all over, Catcher, Second, Right and basically the whole outfield.  Even K-Rod might need a replacement soon enough.  And the minors aren't exactly filled with players waiting to contribute.

We have good players in the minors though, problem is we don't know if TRON will be the same player.

But guys like TRON, OLLIE, Castillo only have one more year left so they won't be here long term. Neise to me has more talent and is more of a pitcher than Pelf is, he has been a rock this season (9 starts allowing 1 run or less) and can mix in 4 pitches and make adjustments, he isn't a back end of the rotation kind of guy. Pelfrey......jury is still out on him, I don't know if he is the 1st half 9-1 pitcher or that 7 ERA for 2 months pitcher, if he can make adjustments again he's a solid pitcher.

Bay is here for 3 more years after this, he still has plenty of time to do well here (1st here is obviously BEYOND a bust). I don't see how someone can just fall from the map after the year he had last year, it's going to come. We just need to make some additions by subtraction and get rid of the waste taking up roster spots, This team was fun to watch earlier in the year without them and now the offense can't hit, which I didn't think would be the real problem this season.

You'd be surprised how much of a difference leadership can make to a roster, #*#+ even the Orioles are winning games cause they have a manager who doesn't tolerate losing. I love the name on the jerseys but I dislike the ownership running this organization (if Ollie starts Saturday, that is proof alone that the Wilpons do not care about the pulse of the fans).

Our outfield next year will be Beltran, Bay and Pagan (in right)....to me Bay isn't a concern just because of track record, and in a contract year + no brace....TRON will probably be back to his old self (and may be trade able).

With Ike at 1st, Reyes at short, and Wright at 3rd......we could use a solid veteran catcher to allow Thole to be the backup, and a 2nd basement who can hit a ball past the pitchers mound. # 2 starter and an 8th inning guy, new manager/staff.....take it from there. I can live with Tejada there as long as Castillo gets zero playing time/released, especially since he is 20 years old and has really good range. The production has to come from the outfield though, so if TRON won't produce we need to look elsewhere (Put Pagan in CF and get a slugger for right).

Back
Top Bottom