New York Yankees Official Thread - at O’s, 19-10

They aren't homies. They don't hang out. He's used it a few times on the field and Anderson let it slide. But timing and context matters. Joking about it when things are cool is one thing. Knowing Anderson was heated after last week, warranted or not, calling Jim Jackie yesterday comes off as condescending, demeaning, and racist. Donaldson claims he was trying to defuse things. Bull****. Go over to his locker room and talk about it before the game, don't pop off and call him Jackie on the field.

See, there’s a contradiction. If TA found it to be racist, he wouldn’t have let it slide years ago. That makes no sense. TA been acting lame since the “tag”. So now years later after you have an altercation with him, it’s an issue? What is Donaldson talking about, we joked about it when I was in Atlanta? The whole situation isn’t a big deal, not worthy of a suspension and one of them is lying.

Where is Betances? I heard he signed a minor deal with LAD but haven’t seen anything since

How the hell did we win 85 games in 2013?

Joe Girardi deserves a plaque in monument park just for that.

(Saw someone post a lineup from 2013 on Twitter 10 minutes ago)

It conjured up nightmares.

Last edited:
See, there’s a contradiction. If TA found it to be racist, he wouldn’t have let it slide years ago. That makes no sense. TA been acting lame since the “tag”. So now years later after you have an altercation with him, it’s an issue? What is Donaldson talking about, we joked about it when I was in Atlanta? The whole situation isn’t a big deal, not worthy of a suspension and one of them is lying.

Where is Betances? I heard he signed a minor deal with LAD but haven’t seen anything since
Again, time and context matters. What comes across as a joke in one situation doesn't in another. Knowing the last week, I completely understand Anderson getting upset.

We got some dark days ahead. Bullpen is getting burnt. Loisaga isn’t as good as last year. Chad Green done. Chap struggling. King hasn’t been as good the last couple games. Need our starters to go long. Severino was great tonight.

Where the hitting stats sit

C
OPS - .493 (27th)
OBP- .236 (26th)
HR - 1 (3 way Tie for last)
RBI - 11 (24th)

1B
OPS - .852 (6th)
OBP- .352 (12th)
HR - 10 (3 way Tie for 2nd)
RBI - 27 (6th)

2B
OPS - .686 (12th)
OBP- .287 (21th)
HR - 6 (3 way Tie for 4th)
RBI - 18 (10th)

3B
OPS - .831 (6th)
OBP- .363 (4th)
HR - 7 (3 way Tie for 7th)
RBI - 25 (5th)

SS
OPS - .600 (20th)
OBP- .303 (14th)
HR - 0 (Tie for last)
RBI - 13 (3 way tie for 23rd)

LF
OPS - .632 (21st)
OBP- .299 (19th)
HR - 6 (4 way Tie for 5th)
RBI - 10 (T-28th)

CF
OPS - .779 (6th)
OBP- .365 (5th)
HR - 5 (9th)
RBI - 15 (16th)

RF
OPS - .995 (1st)
OBP- .384 (2nd)
HR - 13 (1st)
RBI - 34 (1st)

DH
OPS - .703 (17th)
OBP- .298 (22nd)
HR - 8 (5 way Tie for 3rd)
RBI - 26 (2 way tie for 4th)

-As a whole, Judge, Stanton & Rizzo carry the team offensively, and probably account for most of the wins that needed offense more than pitching
-Donaldson has been great when hitting from 3B, but horrid as DH and is the reason the DH numbers as a team are meh, his 12 games at DH .533 OPS
-Gleyber needs to continue to put a consistent streak together. He's a couple of XBH from where we could say he's in form as much as possible with the new baseballs and most stats down league wide.
-LeMahieu is meh, that contract feels really long. He's the same as last year, and that wasn't much good. He's a detriment batting leadoff. Great guy to have due to his flexibility, but sheesh it's been far from expectations.
-Catcher & SS are holes
-Gallo, I don't care. Last year of it. He's been playing better as of late, but I'll just take it as a sum of the parts. (First 17 games 1HR 2RBIs .485OPS Last 18 games 4HR 5RBIs .773OPS)
-Hicks he walks a ton. He sees a lot of pitches. So he'll always have that value. But if he doesn't ever make contact, or steal some homeruns from the left side of the plate, it doesn't matter when he's batting before our catchers and IKF, him getting on base means squat

Yes, It's hard to complain from 1st Place.
But there's a decent amount to be worried about from the offense that would make moves necessary in the next 60 days

Last edited:
Where the hitting stats sit

C
OPS - .493 (27th)
OBP- .236 (26th)
HR - 1 (3 way Tie for last)
RBI - 11 (24th)

1B
OPS - .852 (6th)
OBP- .352 (12th)
HR - 10 (3 way Tie for 2nd)
RBI - 27 (6th)

2B
OPS - .686 (12th)
OBP- .287 (21th)
HR - 6 (3 way Tie for 4th)
RBI - 18 (10th)

3B
OPS - .831 (6th)
OBP- .363 (4th)
HR - 7 (3 way Tie for 7th)
RBI - 25 (5th)

SS
OPS - .600 (20th)
OBP- .303 (14th)
HR - 0 (Tie for last)
RBI - 13 (3 way tie for 23rd)

LF
OPS - .632 (21st)
OBP- .299 (19th)
HR - 6 (4 way Tie for 5th)
RBI - 10 (T-28th)

CF
OPS - .779 (6th)
OBP- .365 (5th)
HR - 5 (9th)
RBI - 15 (16th)

RF
OPS - .995 (1st)
OBP- .384 (2nd)
HR - 13 (1st)
RBI - 34 (1st)

DH
OPS - .703 (17th)
OBP- .298 (22nd)
HR - 8 (5 way Tie for 3rd)
RBI - 26 (2 way tie for 4th)

-As a whole, Judge, Stanton & Rizzo carry the team offensively, and probably account for most of the wins that needed offense more than pitching
-Donaldson has been great when hitting from 3B, but horrid as DH and is the reason the DH numbers as a team are meh, his 12 games at DH .533 OPS
-Gleyber needs to continue to put a consistent streak together. He's a couple of XBH from where we could say he's in form as much as possible with the new baseballs and most stats down league wide.
-LeMahieu is meh, that contract feels really long. He's the same as last year, and that wasn't much good. He's a detriment batting leadoff. Great guy to have due to his flexibility, but sheesh it's been far from expectations.
-Catcher & SS are holes
-Gallo, I don't care. Last year of it. He's been playing better as of late, but I'll just take it as a sum of the parts. (First 17 games 1HR 2RBIs .485OPS Last 18 games 4HR 5RBIs .773OPS)
-Hicks he walks a ton. He sees a lot of pitches. So he'll always have that value. But if he doesn't ever make contact, or steal some homeruns from the left side of the plate, it doesn't matter when he's batting before our catchers and IKF, him getting on base means squat

Yes, It's hard to complain from 1st Place.
But there's a decent amount to be worried about from the offense that would make moves necessary in the next 60 days
Agree. I love where we are but kinda worried about how we got here. Those 3 have definitely carried the offense at rates they can't sustain for a full season. Add in the bullpen issues and ehhhhhh.

Great post btw. Appreciate you putting the numbers together.

Dude SS is not a hole - as long as he’s getting on base (and he’s doing a great job there) brings speed and solid defense, he’s doing his job. We don’t need him hitting bombs.

I would say it isn’t in a vacuum. But it is when you have other considerations.

Anybody who is hitting in front of the 9 spot. Whether it’s Gleyber, Hicks, IKF have to drive in runs. If they don’t, we’ll leave a ton of guys on. Which was a problem up and down the lineup at different stretches throughout last year.

If IKF gets on at an average for SS rate, and doesn’t drive in runs, his numbers look worse because of the catchers hitting behind him.

When Hicks is slumping and IKF is being middle of the road, in front of the catchers, their impact gets lessened.

IKF is basically been Gleyber from last year. At every spot including fielding, but has been faster on the base paths.

The lineup kind of demands a bit more run producing from the 5-8th guys to sustain itself.

That’s what I mean. Separately IKF is fine. In the consideration of being around Hicks and Catchers makes it worse. Same as Hicks, him getting on base a ton and seeing a bunch of pitches is fine and all and necessary to win games, but without the run production it becomes worse due to the shakiness of 5-9 in the order.

If any of that makes sense. Trying to type out at work and not able to spell it out more.

I would say it isn’t in a vacuum. But it is when you have other considerations.

Anybody who is hitting in front of the 9 spot. Whether it’s Gleyber, Hicks, IKF have to drive in runs. If they don’t, we’ll leave a ton of guys on. Which was a problem up and down the lineup at different stretches throughout last year.

If IKF gets on at an average for SS rate, and doesn’t drive in runs, his numbers look worse because of the catchers hitting behind him.

When Hicks is slumping and IKF is being middle of the road, in front of the catchers, their impact gets lessened.

IKF is basically been Gleyber from last year. At every spot including fielding, but has been faster on the base paths.

The lineup kind of demands a bit more run producing from the 5-8th guys to sustain itself.

That’s what I mean. Separately IKF is fine. In the consideration of being around Hicks and Catchers makes it worse. Same as Hicks, him getting on base a ton and seeing a bunch of pitches is fine and all and necessary to win games, but without the run production it becomes worse due to the shakiness of 5-9 in the order.

If any of that makes sense. Trying to type out at work and not able to spell it out more.
I think we're being a little tough on the lineup. Overall we're 5th in runs scored and 2nd in wRC+. Easily the 2nd best offense so far this year behind the Dodgers. Like you, I'm a little concerned with how top heavy it's been, but at the end of the day the offense has been very very good. The guys at the bottom getting on base, even if they don't score, turns the lineup over for the meat of the order. That's very important.

56AC8816-5ABA-4D16-A1AF-EB14FB7625C2.jpeg
1F9522BC-2FD0-41DE-A7E4-42FEF71C1D14.jpeg
168F9955-28A4-4EE2-B689-51049F1E4FB1.jpeg
341A93C8-0D83-4775-A076-5C6977FD8DF1.jpeg
5967CA93-19BE-4542-9B5A-3263EBE350F0.jpeg
65CA6EE0-FBDB-4E1F-833D-1C17481562E4.jpeg
0BF68EC0-52B6-4A10-BA05-64B74EE52CCC.jpeg
2A5D9E95-BBDD-4BB2-9564-79C9635223AD.jpeg

Budweiser HOF tix for tnite

Whoever beats up the Orioles the most during the season typically is the one who wins the division in the last few years. 2020 being an unprecedented season of course with only 60 games
2021 Rays 18-1 win division
2019 Yankees 17-2 win division
2018 Red Sox 16-3 win division
2017 was the last time in a full season that not destroying Baltimore didn't matter.

7-4 against them this year.

Again, **** Donaldson.

Back
Top Bottom