New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

After the mound meeting and the first 3 pitches, I assumed they were pitching around him. Hell just put him on and deal with Rizzo after it's 3-0. Instead of laid a cookie here.

Screenshot_20220623-223739_MLB.jpg

G was already in bed for that one. Will have to pretend I fell asleep early and watch the 9th with her in the morning.

Crazy how we can throw the bag at other players like cole but when it comes to players who are homegrown they all of a sudden become stingy… it happened with cano which was the right move and jeter late in his career and now judge who is in his prime lol… I just hope this doesn’t change judge mind when it comes to free agency and he really does consider bouncing smh

I wouldn’t even be mad at Judge if he Bounced. It’s disrespectful the way they been penny pinching with him.

I understand none of this but if they agreed to 19 for this year he aint going nowhere. I'm sure the Yanks and him will agree later on something :smokin

I'm ignorant with this contract stuff... does this mean he gets 19 million this year and is a free agent after this season or is this a 1 year extension

I'm just as lost as u. Like i said, hopefully this means they'll agree later with no issues. Who knows ..

That is for this year. He is still going to be a FA unless they agree on a new deal (Judge said he won't negotiate in the middle of the year)

I'm ignorant with this contract stuff... does this mean he gets 19 million this year and is a free agent after this season or is this a 1 year extension
Yea just this year. He asks for a number (21m), the Yankees offer a number (17m), and then arbitrator picks one of them. In this case, the Yankees and Judge agreed to a deal prior to the ruling and split the difference at $19m.

Crazy how we can throw the bag at other players like cole but when it comes to players who are homegrown they all of a sudden become stingy… it happened with cano which was the right move and jeter late in his career and now judge who is in his prime lol… I just hope this doesn’t change judge mind when it comes to free agency and he really does consider bouncing smh
I wouldn’t even be mad at Judge if he Bounced. It’s disrespectful the way they been penny pinching with him.
Na you can't say they were penny pinching when they offered $213.5m over 7 years. That's over $30m per year. He wanted 10/$360. That's ludicrous for a 30 year old. I'd be cool with going to like 7/238. He'll be 38 when it ends. 10/360 and paying him 36m a year when he's 41 is suicide though. It's not fair to compare him to guys like Trout or Tatis that signed long deals at 22-25 years old. Judge already being 30 is a huge factor in this.

Back
Top Bottom