New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Anyone watching The Captain preview on espn?

Know much of the story but it’s great & weird seeing your childhood heroes looking more washed than you’d expected.

Reds being the Reds. Sean Casey not walking (literally) through that door.

If we could somehow get Castillo without parting with Volpe and Dominguez, sign me up for the cost. I of course am talking about Marlins great Luis Castillo

On another note. Andujar has had a .946 OPS in June, 1.043 OPS in July.
Florial has .918 OPS in June and 1.380 OPS in July.
At what point, do you stop wasting them even if they come up and be average for Gallo who is far below.
If you can move Gallo for just a dependable bullpen hand to be a steady 5th best guy, it’s a well worth trade. I’d like a bit more in the bullpen if Chappy can’t find it. Especially if the rotation adjusts back to the mean which it has over the last 3-4 weeks (outside Cole)

Been saying we should give Florial and Andujar a chance. You can only hope for so long for a player to break out before it’s time to cut ties with him. Gallo has been given waaaay to long of a chance to break out.

I’d probably go with Florial over Andujar for the outfield. Florial gives you more defensive flexibility in the outfield. Can play center and can push Judge back to right which is what they’ve been wanting to do and why they’ve been tied to Michael Taylor from the Royals. Which also seems like the only guy we can acquire from the Royals because it seems like more than half their team is unvaccinated and couldn’t travel to Toronto for their series.

Too late now to switch in a kid like Florial with this team. Gallo at least being a star with the glove helps, even tho he loafed one yesterday he still better than Florial or Andujar with the glove. In other words , Gallo's still good for something. Can't front, any sensible fan would keep Gallo unless u can get a guy who's as good that's been in the league and is gonna be able to handle NY.
There's guys we can get but with the guys we got we should be able to eat Gallo's no shows at the plate. Think we just waited too long. We wont get a garden hose for him now ...

They’re actively looking to move Gallo. He more than likely won’t be here after the deadline. Benitendi would of been perfect but blew that by not being vaccinated.

Wadey!!!!

If he pinch runs, he’s stealing. The most obvious player ever.

But good to have a homegrown guy back

Good to have for depth and baserunning.
So if Trevino, JD, Rizzo, Gallo, DJ are on base late in game, can pinch run with Wade and then pivot to Wade in OF, IF and sub in whoever was sitting for the day.

One thing that does bother me about it though. Takes away the spot from Florial, AGAIN
Please go look at Florial’s AAA stats over 146 games. May not be a star in MLB, but he’s way too damn good for AAA

Last edited:
Bottom of the 9th, Bases loaded 2 outs, score tied so all you need is a Walk or single, who you bringing to the Plate, Gallo or Gary?

This is a huge start for Nestor. Need him to get back on track. I need CY YOUNG NESTOR

If there’s one thing I want in my life is 30 years from now if I have a grandchild to tell them the improbable Nestor Cortes Cy Young season.

Back
Top Bottom