New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Awe man u got me reminiscing now :lol:

I remember when Bernie took over CF for Roberto Kelly and i was so pissed at the Yanks for trading my guy to give this Arthur Ashe lookin mofo a shot. I hated Bernie at first :lol:

Mike Pagliarulo was my dude too :nthat:
Haha I just heard O'Neil talking about that trade last night. He hated NY at first too lol.

10’s - I wasn’t around in the 80’s man 😂😂
Hmm that's tough. Funny, Yankees led MLB in wins in both decades yet we consider them bad lol. Honestly they are pretty similar. I'd probably say 80s were worse just bc they got really bad at the end and they havent been truly bad since then. And there was a WC in the 10s so we were mostly in the playoffs where that wasn't the case in the 80s.

Haha I just heard O'Neil talking about that trade last night. He hated NY at first too lol.

:lol:

Didn't even hear him but i couldn't stand O'Neil when he first got here. Then he punched a water cooler and the rest ....

And the 80's were worst. At least we made the playoffs in the 10's. 80's there wasn't even an opportunity . Thats why that Mattingly hr in 95 is my alltime favorite Yankee moment. Swear on everything i tear up whenever I watch it :lol::nthat:

I also am never happy unless we win the World Series. And I honestly don’t think it’ll happen, regardless of how this team is playing out the regular season. Even with the record, there are concerning holes come playoff time that I don’t think get ironed out as existing the way the team does.

My complaints are not being complacent. Screw your vibes.

I like a good amount of guys on the team. But what I don’t like, I really don’t like.

And some of this record is also due to some guys who are great stories, and not actually a representation of who they are as players. If they regress to the mean (the good story guys), it’ll be tough if any of the big names slump at the wrong time.

I also am never happy unless we win the World Series. And I honestly don’t think it’ll happen, regardless of how this team is playing out the regular season. Even with the record, there are concerning holes come playoff time that I don’t think get ironed out as existing the way the team does.

My complaints are not being complacent. Screw your vibes.

I like a good amount of guys on the team. But what I don’t like, I really don’t like.
Show me a team that doesn't have holes. Not just this year, all time. The 27 Yankees had holes.

As for the WS, it's a crasphoot. The best team rarely wins. It's all about who gets hot for one month. A bad week ends your season. 162 game record is a much better judge of a team than a 3, 5, or 7 game series. The more rounds they had to the playoffs, the less likely the best team wins.

Back
Top Bottom