New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Still playing IKF every day is going to kill me.

I’m also mad they extended Boone. For me, last year should have been the end. But if they don’t win the pennant at the very least, we should move on.
I mean I get that we shoot for the WS every year but Boone has a top 10 all time winning %. He can only do so much, we just don't have the roster. We get killed with injuries every year and we just don't have quality depth. Look at our roster and compare it to the Dodgers and it's laughable.

What worries me is we're depending on these guys coming back being ready with not alotta time left. What if Nestor needs more than 3 starts to get right. What if Carpenter comes back to earth. This season has potential to be a straight heartbreaker especially with the Judge situation.

Jesus christ we look like a LL team right now :smh:

Straight mop job

housework-cleaning.gif

This got ugly quick. But with the way our offense has been, it's was over at 3-0. Definitely looking like we'll cough up the massive lead. What was it, 16 games?

Good thing football starts next week and the Giants are looking like a playoff contender :pimp:

Wait...:rolleyes

At this point I hope the team loses out so it really shakes things up. Everyone needs to be fire. Sell the team too while we're at it.

starting with Cash. just let him go or retire. he had a great run but i think 25 yrs is more than enuff to say thx and look for a new way of doing things. Yanks have the money to not have to worry about rebuilding. just need people who think different than Cash who tries to go dumpster diving or just throwing money at names a lil too often to show his GM genius. i'm not worried about him going to another team to make em a dynasty cause he can't without the Yankees money. never thought he was that good of a GM anyway. he had the Yankees name and full trust of ownership to get whatever we need. he just ain't addressing it right ....

with that said, wheres Theo Epstein ? :lol: :evil:

Always leads back to Hal. Carlos Correa was there. He was there for the taking. Slightly over the cost of JD and IKF.

If they wanted to move off of Gary, cool. That’s okay. There had to be other trades out there. Offload him for mid level prospects if you’re that done with him.

But Gio and Correa instead of Donaldson and IKF makes a big deal of difference. Even with Correa having an okay season it’s 45 points higher OPS+

Gary and Gio for Donaldson and IKF. trading Jordan Montgomery for a defensive CF, all while completely screwing up Gleyber by floating they were going to trade him is a trifecta of just insanely bad moves.

Just for reference of how bad Gleyber has been screwed up since being floated in trade rumors. Compared to the year OPS for qualified 2B, here’s where Gleyber’s months would rank.

April: 14th
May: 4th
June: 4th
July: 4th
August: 21st (last) by like 100 points. And 240 points worse than his April.

He’s 14th for the season. He was really good and was having a bounce back year. And completely drove off a cliff. His rank through July in comparison to the season totals, would have ranked him 5th.

Even if the Montgomery deal was to be followed up with Gleyber for Pablo Lopez. It stinks.

Last edited:
the Montgomery deal was probably a real deflator in the clubhouse with the team, i think. i've read that he was well liked by the guys and alotta guys were pissed about it, especially the pitchers. they basically traded him for a ghost cause we're not seeing Bader till next year if he does'nt get traded somewhere else. so it's wierd cause it just seems like the Yanks wanted him gone. trade was too sudden, a real wtf moment when it happened.

Kind of hope we get knocked out early so we can Fully expect every effort to be made to dump Hicks, Stanton and Donaldson.

Back
Top Bottom