New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Lol word.. jeter has no interest in management. If he comes to yanks it’s to take cashmans job. I honestly wanna give arod a go.. hated the guy as a yank but have grown to respect his base ball mind.

Dam these are the years I'm really gonna start seeing guys i came up watchin becoming managers and GM's . Gonna be funny seein a guy like John Rocker as a bullpen coach or something :lol:

And Hal wants to act like dad now :lol:

FB_IMG_1668610316281.jpg

Someone must've got in his ear with a "YOU'RE A STEINBRENNER DAMMIT" speech :rolleyes

And leave Jeter right where he is btw. No need to stain his legacy with 1 losing streak and fans, dare i say, booing our baseball jesus ..

Last edited:
I wonder if the reach out was to just to tell them, “hey we’re not spending money”

Reached out to tell them we’re not reaching out.

“You would like more than a Spring Training invite? Sorry sir who hit 30 homeruns last year. We have $0.37 a game for you.”

Besides Judge I would be more excited about getting a starting pitcher or closer...dont see how spending big money on the infield or outfield will do anything... they cant hit in the postseason so why waste the money

^ why cant we develop our young guys like how we did with the 90s teams? We have several guys on the roster not terrible contracts but not cheap either stanton, dj, hicks and recently donaldson... bout to throw the bag at judge too... but yet havent been close to the world series... the best we got was girardi last year during the 2017 run... the postseason is the same story every year... third highest payroll in baseball but nothing to show for it...

What guys besides Jeter, Williams, and Posada did we develop in the 90s? A lot of those guys came from other teams: Justice - Indians, Braves, Brosius - A’s, Knoblach - Twins, Martinez - Mariners, Girargi - Cubs, O’Neil - Reds and then the rotating door in left. Then there’s Strawberry, Chili Davis, Canseco, Glenallen Hill, Lerytz, etc.

I mean you could say we had a lot of home grown talent out there this season that produced in Judge, Cabrera, Peraza, you can say Torres as well as he came through the system before playing with us. The team went cold in the playoffs. That happens. After game three of the WS the Phillies went cold.

Been to three out of the last 7 ALCS’s. Two of them game 6 and 7 respectively. Saying we haven’t been close to the WS is a bit disingenuous. I want to win just as bad as everyone in this thread but at times, feel the 90s spoiled us. There hasn’t been back to back WS winning teams since us - 98, 99, 00 - for a reason. It’s not easy.

Last edited:
Andy and Mo were pitchers but they were big pieces who were home grown talent that contributed a lot to those 90s teams...I'm just saying is throwing the bag at someone really the answer? whatever we have been doing the last decade hasn't been working... still feel like Judge should get resigned though

Benintendi and DJ healthy - two consistent hitter that put the ball in play - would have helped out lengthening that lineup.

We threw the bag in the off-season prior to the 2009 season and won. Dodgers went out and got Mookie and won. Astros made a splash and got Verlander won - then the Astros outbid us this past offseason by adding an option year and won.

There’s developing guys, then there’s developing guys while being aggressive by adding the necessary pieces to put us over the top. Like in the 90s with Justice, Clemens, El Duque. Or 2009 with Sabathia, Burnett, Texiera.

I mean Correa is an all time postseason hitter and he would fit the bill. Shrugs.
He has all .849 postseason OPS. And even if it were 1.200, paying someone bc they are a "postseason hitter" is really silly. No such thing exists. I don't dislike Correa, just think there's better uses of our resources considering that's the one position we're loaded with high end kids.

Dam, pulled the trigger to early. Sounded good tho :rofl::smh:

And didn't Correa say he ain't wanna come to NY ? Could've sworn i heard him talkin sh*t . I'd take him tho, just ain't including him in the roll call ...

Back
Top Bottom