New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

A lot of injuries been kind of freak things with us. Would be really interested in what his Medicaid look like though.

Benitendi had an extra hamate bone in his wrist/hand. Yea some of these are freak.

Yeah that is - the other ones always seem to happen the last few seasons for us though - Yanks were 2nd in WAR missed in 21 mostly due to back, hammys it felt

I just want a healthy team for October

Seen this , thought it was :smokin :lol:

FB_IMG_1669054153051.jpg

Better be at least 8 years $300 mil with $30 mil more of likely incentives 300, 350, 400, 450, 500 homeruns, all star games, etc. And made the captain.

I’m not sure if I did pitching hopes. But this is what I’d roll with.

1- Cole
2- Nestor
3- Sevy
4- Montas (gotta let him get one more shot to fix himself)
5- German

Let Taillon go. He’s a decent pitcher, but unless he’s cheap, it’s a bad investment.

As for the bullpen I’ll go backwards
Closer- Loaisiga (they’ll have Holmes as the closer, but I think Johnny makes more sense and putting Clay in more high leverage 7&8inning situations. But when they go Holmes as the closer, Loaisiga moves down to the next tier)

Wandy and Holmes are the setup guys. They are the guys I trust the most with the leverage innings to get us to the 9th.

Schmidt, King and Marinaccio are your guys that are there to eat a ton of innings.

They just claimed Junior Fernandez off waivers from the Pirates so he’ll have a likely spot in the bullpen.

As for what moves they can make, a lot of people talk about trading Gleyber for bullpen help. I’m 100% against it. You don’t trade an arguably top 4-5 offensively at his position for someone you can get for a mid level prospect.
If you trade Gleyber, it needs to be for a number 2 level starter, otherwise, you lost the trade.

Based on salaries, they swap JMo’s salary for Montas.
Save a few million from last year without Montgomery, but that ends up being the roster increases in arbitration.
$32mil saved from Chapman and Britton off the books.

Where they could go:
There’s 2 tiers of Starting pitchers to look at:
DeGrom, Verlander, Rondon
DeGrom who probably goes for like a 3-4year/$120-160mil deal to keep getting these $40mil/year deals, every few years. Verlander who is probably like a 1yr/$35-40mil. Rondon who will get overpaid in mid $20s mil

Then you have like Taijuan Walker. Eovaldi. Syndergaard.

I’d be totally fine with them kicking the tires on Walker for like $12-14mil for 3 years, if they don’t make a run at DeGrom or Verlander. Pass on Rondon.

As for bullpen. I wouldn’t make any huge trades. I don’t think that’s necessary. There’s 2 spots to fill. I’d be fine trading the non top 5 prospects, IKFs or Hicks for bullpen guys. Otherwise it’s at best a zero sum move. And going around the edges in FA. I think the bullpen needs are not talent driven, it’s depth / health driven.

Last edited:
If the trade Torres, it’s not for bullpen. It’s for a SP like they almost had in place at the deadline.

Need him signed so we can get other things rolling. Wouldn't mind signing a Swanson and using some possible middle IF depth for either a SP or Oakland's Murphy to slot Trevino back to back up where he's better suited. Resign Benintendi too.

Back
Top Bottom