New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Screenshot_20221118_162135_NYPost.jpg

:smh:

Guarantee this is the year the fans get serious and call for Cashman's head. Signing this bum is straight ego on Cash wanting to prove everyone wrong so he can give us the i told i so. I've said it before, these SteinBrats are not interested in seeing this team really win. They have other interests while Cashman runs their cash cow. They'll always make sure we're good enuff.

Much rather gives the keys at SS to one of the kids ...

Guess we'll see.

Re-signing Kiner-Falefa does not necessarily preclude the Yankees from seeking a trade involving him. Yankees managing general partner Hal Steinbrenner said this week that it is his “intent” to give top prospects Oswald Peraza and Anthony Volpe opportunities to win starting jobs in the middle infield; general manager Brian Cashman said that could be sorted out in the spring.

“Kiner-Falefa gave us an opportunity to bridge the gap while the kids continue to develop,” Cashman said. “Everybody in the industry, teams and fans alike, recognize that we have some pretty potentially impactful prospects that are developing and needed some more time.”

They either nontender him (which they weren’t going to do) or they avoid arbitration (which they did) and can still trade him.

It’s fine if they trade IKF.
But the other 2 scenarios are kind of big trash.

1. He’s starting at SS or 3B.
2. He’s the utility man, which means DJ is every day at 2B which means they traded Gleyber. And unless it’s for a legit 2 starter, no thanks on trading Gleyber.
Based on a dreadful 2021 and injuries in 2022, DJ isn’t the most reliable. I’m taking Gleyber in the role over every day 2B based on injury probability.

Also if the choice is Gleyber at 2B and DJ around 1B, 2B, 3B or DJ at 2B and IKF at 2B, 3B & SS, the second choice makes them a worse team.

But if they trade him, no harm, no foul.

Dodgers clear 100 mil in salary so they can make a run at Judge now. Cool.

I’ve kind of feel like Torres is going to be moved. They keep reiterating they want the young guys to battle it out. If in fact Judge signs elsewhere, they’ll prob turn to the SS market and could pivot Volpe, Peraza, Cabrera to 2nd.

I kind of have a feeling JD and IKF are getting moved, and kind of think Peraza might be moved in a bigger deal.

Just don’t know how fast this is going to play out because I feel we’re going to wait on Judge, which we shouldn’t have to but Hal is a penny pincher.

Don’t even know who’s negotiating the deals. Has Cashman signed a new deal yet?

Guarantee this is the year the fans get serious and call for Cashman's head. Signing this bum is straight ego on Cash wanting to prove everyone wrong so he can give us the i told i so. I've said it before, these SteinBrats are not interested in seeing this team really win. They have other interests while Cashman runs their cash cow. They'll always make sure we're good enuff.

Much rather gives the keys at SS to one of the kids ...
09 bro

13 yrs ago bro.

almost as long between chips from 78-96. and that wait was brutal, i felt like it was never gonna happen.

Just came across this pic :lol:

FB_IMG_1668868395110.jpg

Voit and Wade look like a couple. Judge looks like Bond villain. Stanton and the rest of em look like they're gettin sh*tface. Taillon looks like he came overdressed cause they said fundraiser :rofl:

I'm smokin wayyyyyy too early :lol:

glad my guy rizzo is back....hopefully means judge is back.

i'm very good with trading away Gleyber, starter or some decent prospects is a ok with me

DO NOT TRADE GLEYBER

It’s makes zero sense. Unless it’s a legit front end starter, it is trash. I keep hearing trading for bullpen arms. Why the hell would you trade a 25HR 70RBI guy for a bullpen arm that isn’t a lockdown closer.

If you want the young guys (Volpe and Peraza) up. There’s a hole at SS & 3B.
DJ is a better contact hitter, but not more reliable than Gleyber right now just because of injuries and there’s been some regression. Gleyber is still mid 20s. He’s had 3 above average years and 2 awful years. DJ is still good, but his value is his versatility. I want zero with cementing him in a position unless it’s injuries.

It’s why any combo of DJ at 2B every day. Or IKF at SS. Or Donaldson at 3B is one of those we needed to get better, and we didn’t. We got worse.

If Torres is traded, I believe we’re in the SS market and the young guys are battling for 2nd and third.

Nothing ground breaking but supposedly Judge is meeting with the Giants tomorrow and Judges camp Told Hal he will get a chance to be the final offer. So Judge sounds like he’s going for the most Money which I don’t blame him but the biggest contract doesn’t always equal the most money in the end.

ya wouldnt make sense to trade gleyber...need to trade the the garbage guys like hicks, donaldson and maybe ikf

Back
Top Bottom