New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Yanks need to bring up one of these kids or even a couple ( Dominguez in LF , one of these future star SS's ) and see what they got instead of dumpster diving for an IKF or another Hicks. Lettin these kids rot in the minors and not giving them a shot irks me most about Cashman. Other teams bring up guys that are younger who've spent no time in the minors and they're fine. Stop with the they need more seasoning and lets see what they got ...

Yanks need to bring up one of these kids or even a couple ( Dominguez in LF , one of these future star SS's ) and see what they got instead of dumpster diving for an IKF or another Hicks. Lettin these kids rot in the minors and not giving them a shot irks me most about Cashman. Other teams bring up guys that are younger who've spent no time in the minors and they're fine. Stop with the they need more seasoning and lets see what they got ...
Volpe is only 21, not many kids come up younger than that. I'd expect him to break camp in the minors and then come up after a month so this year doesn't count as service time. Looking back, we should have done that with Judge and he wouldn't be a FA until next year. Normally it's like 20-22 games into the season so it just makes business sense to wait. Dominguez is still only 19. I doubt we see him this year. Last 19 year old I remember in the league was Soto. If Dominguez has a great season I could see maybe bringing him up later in the season but I think it's very unlikely we roll with him as our LF all season. Probably going to be Carbera out there imo.

Volpe is only 21, not many kids come up younger than that. I'd expect him to break camp in the minors and then come up after a month so this year doesn't count as service time. Looking back, we should have done that with Judge and he wouldn't be a FA until next year. Normally it's like 20-22 games into the season so it just makes business sense to wait. Dominguez is still only 19. I doubt we see him this year. Last 19 year old I remember in the league was Soto. If Dominguez has a great season I could see maybe bringing him up later in the season but I think it's very unlikely we roll with him as our LF all season. Probably going to be Carbera out there imo.

Hey Juilio Rodriguez is 21 and a stud. Not sayin Dominguez is as good but we'll never know. Can it really be any worse than Hicks ?

Hey Juilio Rodriguez is 21 and a stud. Not sayin Dominguez is as good but we'll never know. Can it really be any worse than Hicks ?
Right, he came up at 21. You said other teams bring up younger players and overall that's just not really true. There's the occasional freak like Soto but generally 21-23 is the range most guys come up. Even Julio spent 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and early 2022 in the minors. Things didn't really click for him until 2021 and then it translated to 2022 in the bigs. Hope Dominguez has a similar jump.

Man remember Andrew Jones . Dude was a baby and killed from day 1 . I'd just wanna see these kids already. Feels like we're saving em to trade em ...

Man remember Andrew Jones . Dude was a baby and killed from day 1 . I'd just wanna see these kids already. Feels like we're saving em to trade em ...
Yea he was a beast. Very unlikely he was actually 19 though. Kids in the Caribbean used to (still do a little but not as often) say they were younger than they were. An 18 yr old looked way better at a camp when you thought he was 16 so there was incentive for them to lie about it. But yea regardless if he was 19 or 21 when he came up, he played well early. We got to see 2 last year, should see Volpe at some point this year. I know it feels like it's been too long but honestly this season is about when you'd expect Volpe to be up. At the latest next season.

Can’t wait for them to use Giancarlo as the reason not to go after Shohei next year.
Or DJ to not chase Devers.

Can’t wait for them to use Giancarlo as the reason not to go after Shohei next year.
Or DJ to not chase Devers.
1671651825900.png

i'm with you, the guys 21+ no reason to not call them up for action a month or 2 after the seasonI starts....don't hand them any starting spots in spring training but make it clear that their time is near and lets see what they can do!

Interesting the stove is cold with Arizona - I know they want MLB talent, could see them asking for Gleyber (Ketel has been no bueno).

Having the highest payroll doesn't mean automatic championship... We have had the top 5 in payroll for how many years so it's not like the team is not spending money...the problem is the contracts are terrible like hicks and Donaldson which messes up free agency in the long run...maybe dj contract might be terrible too if he doesn't improve or is still hurt all the time

Having the highest payroll doesn't mean automatic championship... We have had the top 5 in payroll for how many years so it's not like the team is not spending money...the problem is the contracts are terrible like hicks and Donaldson which messes up free agency in the long run...maybe dj contract might be terrible too if he doesn't improve or is still hurt all the time
A payroll at $350m allows for a couple bad contracts. It allows for more room for error.

The highest payroll doesn't always win, but there is a pretty clear correlation of spending & winning.

As for spending, they've passed on World Series by not spending. Machado, Harper were there. Willing to come to NY, and ownership even said they didn't talk to them.

As for contracts messing with payroll. Hicks makes $10mil, it's 4% of the payroll of the team. That shouldn't be used for why they don't pursue free agents. If they wanted to move him, they could. They have to eat some of the money, and expect little to no return.
And Donaldson is them being cheap last year, to save themselves long term money. Rather than having Donaldson and IKF in a trade that made no sense. They could have had one of Correa, Seager, Story, Semien, Swanson, Bogaerts or Turner.

There's nothing that says you can't trade top prospects for top prospects in different positions. Nothing to say you can't move prospects to different positions

I don't like the Gleyber for another player, it's just shuffling chairs at that point.

Nor does trading one of the top 3 prospects for somebody make any sense either. If they trade one of Peraza or Volpe, everyone deserves to be even more made about the 2 years of SS management.

I mean YOU know how I feel about moving Gleyber - my POV was I could see them entertaining it for a DBacks, team controlled, OF

Need to figure out left field. Reynolds probably isn’t an option because they want top pitching prospects in return.

Cashman is such a jerk. He seems like he's more concerned with proving he's right with his bad signings and moves than fixing his mistakes. Him saying Hicks had a down year and Donaldson is still the player we know he's always been , just another down yr, is makin my teeth itch. I can live with Hicks if i had to choose 1 cause he can hit from both sides but Donaldson ain't got it anymore. Glove yes but he can't hit anymore. His bat flipping watching warning track flyballs was laughable and annoying. Trade whoever the padres want and get Manny here ..

And Rodon gave me the feeling that NY's gonna be too big for him. He already looked nervous in the press conference studdering and generic answers.

It's early and quiet at work so forgive me for killin time with this :lol:

Back
Top Bottom