New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Correa to the mets, smh wow. Yanks went 1 for 4 on this.

Attachments

• 20221221_042753.jpg
    20221221_042753.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 255
lets call it 2-5 with the Rodon signing, not too shabby

much better than the golden sombrero that the SF giants took

Felt like the Giants were trying to Red Sox him. Everytime one of the Big Red Sox FA were about to sign the Sox would find something in the Med exams and sign them for less.

Felt like the Giants were trying to Red Sox him. Everytime one of the Big Red Sox FA were about to sign the Sox would find something in the Med exams and sign them for less.
Idk man it's a $45m difference. If they were tweaking over something minor, the lawsuit would be ugly. He's had lower back issues for a while and that's very troubling for someone his age. The fact Boras quickly pivoted to a deadlthat was $45m less tells me a lot.

Logically I agree. Realistically, they won’t.

It’s not a good look for the Yankees though.

And Correa won’t even play SS. Embarrassing for Hal and Cash.
He has a history of back issues and just failed a physical for another team and you think it's embarrassing we didn't sign him for 12 years? That's hilarious. Cohen and the Mets were the only suckers willing to do that.

Yes. It’s embarrassing.

Correa to 3B last year could have been a thing too.

If Yankees sign Correa, they walk into one World Series in the first 5 years. If they do, it’s worth the last 4 being unbearable.

Last edited:
I said him playing 3B as well. That’s what would be best for him long term anyway.

Listening to the Judge press conference, they gave him the C also |l

Don't think he really earned it. Other guys who got it usually won or earned it for being here awhile, not after one great season ... whatever, at least he's back ..

Yes. It’s embarrassing.

Correa to 3B last year could have been a thing too.

If Yankees sign Correa, they walk into one World Series in the first 5 years. If they do, it’s worth the last 4 being unbearable.
Your infatuation with Correa is hilarious.

Don't think he really earned it. Other guys who got it usually won or earned it for being here awhile, not after one great season ... whatever, at least he's back ..

I feel like they gave it to him cuz he's the best player and it prally was brought up when trying to resign him...

Your infatuation with Correa is hilarious.

Is Volpe or Peraza better than Correa? Today? No
3 years? Safe bet, no.

Is DJ LeMahieu or Josh Donaldson better than Correa today? No
Ever? No.

Hell even if it was Xander, it’d be the same thing.

Your infatuation with giving a **** about 7 years from now is hilarious.

Back to ignoring your consistently bad opinions.

I mean he's been here 6 years now and has been pretty damn good. Obviously last year was a different level but he's been really good for 6 years. I do think announcing it at his extension presser is tacky but he was already the acting captain of the team. Everyone looks to him. He's the guy. I'm cool with him getting it, just wish they'd waited a few months or next offseason.

Is Volpe or Peraza better than Correa? Today? No
3 years? Safe bet, no.

Is DJ LeMahieu or Josh Donaldson better than Correa today? No
Ever? No.

Hell even if it was Xander, it’d be the same thing.

Your infatuation with giving a **** about 7 years from now is hilarious.

Back to ignoring your consistently bad opinions.
If the SF Dr's a right, Correa could be in a wheelchair in 3 years. I'm glad we didn't sign him. $315m to someone that failed a physical is hilarious, especially with his injury history. Maybe it works out but I'm glad we didn't take that gamble. Overpaying for 2nd tier FA's normally ends poorly. More bullets for Ohtani next year. Gotta look big picture, not be a poisoner of the moment. Now if we get outbid for him, then that's embarrassing. He may stay out west, read some talk he likes the west coast, but we better not get outbid for him.

Back
Top Bottom