New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

this is why I’ve gone back to not watching the games recently, just not good for your mental health at this point. My boy joezmcfly is losing his damn mind :lol:

he’s not wrong tho, chad green you just can NOT give up that 3rd homerun to Lindor…

what kills is he was money before, dam near unhittable. he'd give the occasional game here and there but nothing like now. now , he's literally throwing a softball on a tee. Heaney ain't no better but Green is the one i have zero confidence in, confusing as hell because the guy got stuff just no confidence anymore.

Just not getting any length from the starters.
Even Cole

Getting through 6:
Cole 17 of 26. Of the games less than 6, Yankees 1-8
Tallion 8 of 27. Yankees 9-10 in games less than 6.
Montgomery 10 of 26. Yankees 10-6 in games less than 6.
Kluber 4 of 13. Yankees 3-6 in games less than 6.
German 6 of 21. Yankees 6-9 in games less than 6.

*Nestor doesn’t count, not expected to go 6. Even then other than a month of Tailon, he’s been our second best starter and he shouldn’t be starting.

But when you’re going less than 6, you may be throwing 4, maybe 5 guys to get through the rest of the game. Way too much variance in relievers that can create issues. If you’re up by 2-3, and bring in one guy who doesn’t have it, you could end up losing the game.

Bullpen isn’t what it used to be, but not having starters give you any length is a huge issue. It’s fine if your 4th & 5th don’t give you length but to get less than half from your 2&3 is a disaster.

This is a fault of buy low guys and penny pinching.

If we kept Tanaka, we probably have 5 more wins this year, just out of consistency.

I'm a big fan of consistency and not making huge changes, and I'm in favor of keeping Cashman and Boone, but I wouldn't be super upset if we made big changes this offseason. Go hire the guys in Tampa. It worked for the Dodgers.

was just thinking, how awesome would it have been if Stanton picked up Lindor on his way passing the bases just like that t mobile commercial :lol:

t-mobile-mlb-misunderstandings-featuring-giancarlo-stanton-aaron-judge-small-10.jpg

don't know if u guys noticed but this Holmes dude been money out the pen :smokin

IF we get to the playoffs and have Higgy getting 2 at-bats every 3 games to catch for Cole, I’ll be upset.

Back
Top Bottom