New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

I’m already looking to next year.
Cole is good money as the Ace
Gumby as the 4 is solid.
I’m cool with piecing together Sevy/German/Deivi as the 5, you should be able to get 32 starts between the 3

Nestor has been amazing. I’d love him to be the Swiss Army knife.
Wandy has been solid
Jonny Lasagna has been great.
If Chad Green and Leutge are your 5th and 6th pen guys, you’re in a good spot.
Chapman can make you a nervous wreck, but generally good.
*Need one more impact high leverage guy in the pen. I’m not putting stock into Britton right now.

The batting order needs speed. There could be an opening at SS and CF. Put speed and defense there. If you get a lefty, they could probably run into some new found power.
Gieyber to 2B, DJ has to be a utility guy.

Maybe look at moving Gallo for a piece of higher need and allow them to put Giancarlo in the field more often which allows for more versatility.

We're right behind the Cowboys, who are #1, as the richest team in sports and we're penny pinching :smh:

Funny how the Knicks are #3 , notice the number two and three owners all have their interests in other business ventures. Don't know what else Jerry Jones does but he seems 100% in on the Cowboys, all the time. Just salty right now but i seriously cant stand Hank and Hal. Seems like they throw us a big name bone just to keep the fans quiet. This team's structure is a mess. Won't even get started on Dolan....

We're right behind the Cowboys, who are #1, as the richest team in sports and we're penny pinching :smh:

Funny how the Knicks are #3 , notice the number two and three owners all have their interests in other business ventures. Don't know what else Jerry Jones does but he seems 100% in on the Cowboys, all the time. Just salty right now but i seriously cant stand Hank and Hal. Seems like they throw us a big name bone just to keep the fans quiet. This team's structure is a mess. Won't even get started on Dolan....
The Steinbrenner's business now is the Yankees. Hal just treats it as a business while his dad treated it as a hobby. It took George a while to learn that he could treat it as a hobby while also hiring people that knew more than him to run the team. The 4 titles in the 90s/00s nearer happen if he wasn't banned. But overall he was great bc he cared more about winning than pinching a penny and in turn the team also made him a ton of money. Seems like Hal is more worried about showing everyone he's a great businessman than winning. Like he needs to prove he's not his dad. My man you were born with a silver spoon up your ***, no need to prove ****. Just give people what they want. Spend an extra $50m-100m a year and you'll make back most of all of it in postseason sales. And the entire city will worship you. This shouldn't be hard but instead he wants prove to the world that he's some great businessman. My guy, nobody cares.

well from what i read the Yanks are pretty much run by Cashman, the Steinbrenner's just "sign the checks". they also have interests in Indy car racing and dealing with the family’s horse business, thats why Cashman is running the Yanks, so they can focus on those.

probably why he's been here so long .....

The Steinbrenner's business now is the Yankees. Hal just treats it as a business while his dad treated it as a hobby. It took George a while to learn that he could treat it as a hobby while also hiring people that knew more than him to run the team. The 4 titles in the 90s/00s nearer happen if he wasn't banned. But overall he was great bc he cared more about winning than pinching a penny and in turn the team also made him a ton of money. Seems like Hal is more worried about showing everyone he's a great businessman than winning. Like he needs to prove he's not his dad. My man you were born with a silver spoon up your ***, no need to prove ****. Just give people what they want. Spend an extra $50m-100m a year and you'll make back most of all of it in postseason sales. And the entire city will worship you. This shouldn't be hard but instead he wants prove to the world that he's some great businessman. My guy, nobody cares.
Love the “My guy” from a Non NYr :smokin

well from what i read the Yanks are pretty much run by Cashman, the Steinbrenner's just "sign the checks". they also have interests in Indy car racing and dealing with the family’s horse business, thats why Cashman is running the Yanks, so they can focus on those.

probably why he's been here so long .....
Well yea he runs it but they set the budget. The Yankees are a business to them, horses and cars are hobbies/passions. They were raised uber rich and like to mingle in those circles. With George, the Yankees were his hobby. The Yankees are just a business that affords Hal and the gang the money to do the other stuff they want to do.

The replay i saw looked like Alonso's foot came off. I'm not listening to the game, arguing with the wife and posting here with my tv on at the same time :lol: ...

Too much going ..

Back
Top Bottom