New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

I like Boone but he's a guy who stepped into his first managing position with the one of the most recognized teams in the sport, if not the world , and in the media capital of earth. Dude got the job with zero seasoning. He got fire and comes from a baseball family but wasn't ready for this job. Here a young manager won't ever make it. Only guys who are older who have a good amount of credit in this game can handle this job. The media will respect more and let him do his job and not try to create headlines leading to that eventual headline "FIRE HIM" and the fans grab their tiki torches. Now Torre had his moments where the media were a pain in the *** but they pretty much let him do the job without pestering him about his job status. True he stepped into a team that Buck pretty much molded but he also had big respect from those guys. He knew how to handle a room and command respect. Boone looks like he plays ps5 with Rizzo b4 games. I think he's liked but not really respected. Just look at how we're losing in the 9th and Judge, Stanton and Rizzo are there laughing about something. Think you'd see O'Neil, Posada and Jeter doing that ?

Yanks need to stop hiring the analytic nerds , yes men and get a "baseball guy" back in charge. That'll never happen with Cashman here sadly. Boone got fire, been around the game his whole life but here it takes so much more to succeed with all the other distractions. No idea who'd be better here but honestly I'd love to see Mattingly there but then again it'd kill me if he didn't do good and got fired. Ugh .....

Let's go Jets ....

Hitting dblplay1212 dblplay1212 with the facts, that Gleyber is, in fact a GOOD player. He may not be Elite or even Great, but he is a GOOD player :lol:
smh he's the best 12th best 2b in baseball this year and we got guys arguing to their death that he's GOOD. My my my how the mighty have fallen. 12th best in the league used to be a fireable offense around here, now y'all celebrate it. Shameful. Demand more.

I'll say it again, 90% of the blame needs to go on the players. Managers do very little in baseball outside of dealing with the media. We can fire Cashman and Boone at this point, I don't really care either way tbh. But they'll just be taking the fall for players that greatly underperformed. I'll put like 9% on Cashman for signing a bunch of guys that underperformed and then Boone gets 1%. The manager is just a face and mouthpiece these days.

It’s a lot on Cash, he signs these players and put this team together. He signed these guys that don’t have a consistent track record or are washed up. Most of the blame definitely goes on Cash.

Yes a big portion falls on the players. Don’t think anyone is saying it’s not on them. That front office though assembled this team. This lineup hasn’t been balanced for a few years now. We’ve been looking for a LF for a couple years now. They’ve cut corners a few years now assembling the team and prior to this year, leaned on reclamation projects a la Carptenter.

I'll say it again, 90% of the blame needs to go on the players. Managers do very little in baseball outside of dealing with the media. We can fire Cashman and Boone at this point, I don't really care either way tbh. But they'll just be taking the fall for players that greatly underperformed. I'll put like 9% on Cashman for signing a bunch of guys that underperformed and then Boone gets 1%. The manager is just a face and mouthpiece these days.

Of course the players get the most blame for not producing but if your given pork chops , carrots and some dog hair you're not gonna make a gourmet meal in 2 hrs. Drastic but u get the point.

Boone had time here, he made the playoffs every yr b4 this . Like i said he's got fire and a pedigree but not enuff credit.

Team needs a total reset...

7403E8FD-659D-4A2D-A55C-F46EEE04D11E.png

Sounds like a little shot at the front office.
It is crazy seeing damn near their whole 1-9 averaging above a .800 OPS. Reminds me of the Bronx Bombers 09 team

IMG_0034.jpeg

Man I wish i appreciated this offensive production more during the time. These numbers are INSANE to what were producing today. Our worst hitter, Melky, was averaging a .752 OPS which is just slightly below what Gleyber(who’s one of best hitters currently) is producing this year. Even goofy *** nick swisher was balling out his mind with an .869 OPS. *Sigh*

There's plenty of blame to go around.

Judge getting hurt.

DJ being ***.

Stanton costing $8b and being a league average hitter.

Rodon getting hurt.

Severino being a BP machine.

Trevino got hurt and turned back into a pumpkin.

Rizzo played 2 months with a concussion.

Trevino struggling as a rookie.

Donaldosn being what we all expected him to be this year.

King and Holmes remembering they aren't Mo.

Nestor being hurt.

Outside of Judge and Cole, every player has been a disappointment to a varying degree.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

Judge getting hurt.

DJ being ***.

Stanton costing $8b and being a league average hitter.

Rodon getting hurt.

Severino being a BP machine.

Trevino got hurt and turned back into a pumpkin.

Rizzo played 2 months with a concussion.

Trevino struggling as a rookie.

Donaldosn being what we all expected him to be this year.

King and Holmes remembering they aren't Mo.

Nestor being hurt.

Outside of Judge and Cole, every player has been a disappointment to a varying degree.
Rodon has a history of being Hurt
Bader has a history of being hurt
Trevino was never a starting caliber of a catcher
Josh Donaldson is 38
Stanton stays hurt and was overall never worth the money.
Bullpen is a patchwork

So FIVE of your starters are not reliable.

And guess who acquires these players? Cashman

Rodon has a history of being Hurt
Bader has a history of being hurt
Trevino was never a starting caliber of a catcher
Josh Donaldson is 38
Stanton stays hurt and was overall never worth the money.
Bullpen is a patchwork

So FIVE of your starters are not reliable.

And guess who acquires these players? Cashman
lol you really think you can GM a club. I love it.

Just sign all young superstars that are never hurt. It's easy!

Donaldson is 38, that's a no. Verlander is 40, that's $50m. This is all 3/4 into the season.

Love it. My favorite part of this thread.

I hear you and we’re basically all arm chair quarterbacking here (even you), but it’s also up to front offices and GMs to notice these trends and assess.

But that still doesn’t address Cashman’s inability to create a balanced lineup the past few years. That’s not even about signing all the young superstars, which you’re implying and no one is saying.

If a player gets hurt alot, odds are when you sign him he’s going to get hurt. If a player isn’t really a starting caliber player, odds are, when you acquire him he’s not going to be starting caliber. This is all pretty common sense. And yes there are Flukes but you have to go by track records if you’re spending big money or “making” WS moves. Very common sense.

You don’t have to make a move just to make a move. It’s ok to stand on the sidelines sometimes.

Now some of these moves and signings have handcuffed us for years.

And yes I was one of the ones that wanted DJ to stick around and Benintendi.

But Was also against the Gio trade, Grey trade, Montas trade, Hicks extension, Rodon signing, Bader trade. Don’t know who I would’ve used the prospects for but those trades you could see a mile away were going to backfire.

Rest of the moves I could care less.

Could have used some of them on Murphy who’s now with the Braves. Would have locked down the catching position for years. Really one of the guys I wanted us to go after.

We traded Monty who was super consistent and proved he can pitch for us for an often injured CF and turned around and tried to fill a SP spot with an often injured pitcher for a 160 mil!!!! If that doesn’t sound dumb to you then I don’t know what to say.

Could have used some of them on Murphy who’s now with the Braves. Would have locked down the catching position for years. Really one of the guys I wanted us to go after.
I think about that often since we love trading prospects to the A’s.

Montas being damaged goods when we traded for him put us in that spot to sign Rodon.

lol you really think you can GM a club. I love it.

Just sign all young superstars that are never hurt. It's easy!

Donaldson is 38, that's a no. Verlander is 40, that's $50m. This is all 3/4 into the season.

Love it. My favorite part of this thread.
And I know it’s hard to believe but at one time every GM before they became a GM thought they could GM a club and they also Monday morning QBd every move their favorite team made.

Also a lot of GMs don’t become GMs because they are really good at what they do, a lot of it is connections, being on the right team at the right time and or owners willing to try something different. And Yes there are elite,great and good GMs along with really bad ones and or outdated ones.

the trade for donaldson was just dumb... and its already water under the bridge but shouldve went after freeman instead of signing rizzo

I hear you and we’re basically all arm chair quarterbacking here (even you), but it’s also up to front offices and GMs to notice these trends and assess.

But that still doesn’t address Cashman’s inability to create a balanced lineup the past few years. That’s not even about signing all the young superstars, which you’re implying and no one is saying.
Oh I'm cool with moving on from Cashman. I just don't think it's easy being a GM. Saying "Oh well just sign young dominant players that are never hurt" is silly.

tbh our biggest issue is developing players. Not superstars, but just everyday players. Look at teams like the Braves and O's and they are littered with good young cheap players. We don't have that. If we make a change, I'd like to find someone that's very good at building a scouting department.

And I know it’s hard to believe but at one time every GM before they became a GM thought they could GM a club and they also Monday morning QBd every move their favorite team made.
Yea they did so while they were at Yale, Harvard, and Princeton. They didn't do it from their couch after a 6 pack of cold ones.

I don’t think anyone is saying that though :lol:. What we’re saying is, is you (Cash/front office) when signing/acquiring players, is to track the trends of players and how they project. I do not believe they’ve done a very good job at that for a while now, and have basically band-aided things.

We have consistently had trouble developing guys at the lower levels post late 90s/Core Four Yankees and that is an organizational thing. That has to be reworked from the top on down.

Back
Top Bottom