New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

6 years?!?! No thanks.
Even at 5, you’re stretching. I could live with it, but not ideal.

Last edited:
Yikes. Might as well pack up the season if they want to go with the rotation they have.

I’m not even asking them to increase payroll. They act like Happ, Paxton and Ellsbury decrease isn’t $44mil off the books. And like Tanaka won’t lose salary.

This ownership stinks.

E6027ABA-5A97-4607-BCA0-8C847BF2DE62.jpeg

Definitely see the Yankees going cheap this season after losing money. Damn shame, we’re close. Need a few pieces.

• The Yankees haven’t shown interest in re-signing right-hander Masahiro Tanaka, Andy Martino of SNY says (video link). The team is more focused on re-signing second baseman DJ LeMahieu, but it doesn’t seem likely to dole out any other sizable contracts, according to Martino. Tanaka has been a dependable part of the Yankees’ rotation since he emigrated from Japan in 2014, but the club may pass on bringing him back and instead decide to ride with its in-house options to begin 2021. The YES Network’s Michael Kay painted a similar picture recently on his ESPN Radio show (link via NJ.com’s Randy Miller). Kay noted that LeMahieu is the team’s top priority, adding that if a deal comes together, he “might be the last big guy they get.” Reports over the past several months have indicated that the Yankees are unlikely to be aggressive spenders this winter, with LeMahieu serving as a possible exception after two brilliant years in the Bronx.

What a terrible strategy if that’s the way they go.
LeMahieu is one of the best hitters in baseball, but if it means the rotation is what it is;
Cole, German, Deivi, Montgomery & Sevey in June? I’d let DJ walk and keep pitching.
Personally, I’d keep DJ and bring back or sign a pitcher, but ownership is intent on slashing payroll over being a serious contender.
Signing DJ and bringing back Tanaka would still have a cut in payroll.

just read a story on how this coming year is when the Yanks finally start to feel the sting of Stanton's contract .....

if that's the case we can have 3 Dominican dudes kidnap him and have him in a grave before morning , easy ...

here's the bait :rofl: :smokin

123139890_2835637763348327_2430788749441789609_n.jpg

Ehh it’s a Post article.

Those types of articles are water carrying for owners. Especially for a team like the Yankees. Even with COVID, they could still re-sign DJ.... And Paxton or Tanaka and find some deals to fill out the roster and still drastically cut payroll.

My guess is he wants 5year $100mil. Yankees are at 4/$75mil.
Based on if the 5-6 year thing is true.

Now if it’s Yankees are at $100mil and he is at $125mil. Nope, I’m good.

Honestly hope the offseason is DJ, Tanaka and a bullpen arm.

but I wouldn’t waste my time either and just let this stalemate continue forever.

If DJ truly does want to play here. Give it until the 26th to get a deal done. If not then move on. Sign a Shortstop,re-sign Tanaka. Go after a bullpen arm or two and be done with it.

we deff need some pen arms chapman looks vulnerable in key moments ppl are just taking hacks at his fastball

we deff need some pen arms chapman looks vulnerable in key moments ppl are just taking hacks at his fastball

I mean I think when it’s deep counts, he runs down. It’s gonna be how he can mix in a cutter with the heat and slider.

He had his best WHIP and K/9 that’s he’s ever had as a Yankee. So I’m not too concerned. But if you can run a count, he gets in trouble because he’s trying to get gas passed you and the probability that he misses on the fastball increases with every pitch.

But yeah we need more reliable pen arms. Chappy and Britton are reliable But the problem we ran into was the Rays had so many reliable arms throughout the bullpen that we just didn’t have.

I miss Dellin. But he’s done for. I think he was only hitting 93-94 last year.

Edit: Look at Dellin’s velocity drop. Yikes!
48960402-6F27-4A0D-8198-B410BAA3A94B.png

woah down from 99 belin
very true on the chappy hes awesome just when he gets deep in the count they are just waiting for that fastball n he gets hammered

Back
Top Bottom