New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Anyone looking to go to Iowa? Tickets got released today. Was supposed to be Iowa residents only but I'm sure resellers found a way to gobble them up. Wife and I are looking at flights now. Tickets are more reasonable than I expected. It's the Yankees and my favorite movie all time. Feel like I have to go.

Screenshot_20210803-222647_StubHub.jpg

Anyone looking to go to Iowa? Tickets got released today. Was supposed to be Iowa residents only but I'm sure resellers found a way to gobble them up. Wife and I are looking at flights now. Tickets are more reasonable than I expected. It's the Yankees and my favorite movie all time. Feel like I have to go.

Screenshot_20210803-222647_StubHub.jpg

wish I could. We start our teacher professional development next week, so I’ll be back on contract about to start the school year.

wonder if they’re going to be wearing anything special for it.

So Texas just gave away a top 5 OF for none of our top prospects and paid his salary?!!? Ok Hal
Nobody said top 5 OF in the game. But he's been top 5 this year. That's a fact. It's not debatable. You can't argue with numbers.

All that Geek analytics **** gives me a headache and is so skewed. So Gallo according to that is having a better season and more Valuable than Bryce?!?
They are actually tied this year at 3.4 WAR. Bryce has done it in 14 less games so that accounts for something. Overall, they've provided the same value, but Bryce has done it in less games. But being on the field matters too.

And how are analytics skewed? It's literally just adding numbers.

Harper also currently has an unsustainable .368 BABIP, so that'll come down. His career is .316 so it should revert back to close to that at some point. Gallo is right at his career avg.

Oh, you mean the irrational ones that still look at avg and rbi? Those guys? Yea I try to ignore those guys.
You know there’s more to batting than a Homerun or walk. Having a guy that’s in the top of MLB in striking out is liability with runners in scoring position, rather have a contact hitter with a higher AVG in that situation vice someone who half the time is going to K or Walk and a Walk isn’t driving anyone in from second when runs are needed either.

You know there’s more to batting than a Homerun or walk. Having a guy that’s in the top of MLB in striking out is liability with runners in scoring position, rather have a contact hitter with a higher AVG in that situation vice someone who half the time is going to K or Walk and a Walk isn’t driving anyone in from second when runs are needed either.
Oh sure, a nice slap hitter is good in that spot. But those spots aren't all that common. You have to zoom out and look big picture. At the end of the day, OBP and SLG is what matters. I'd much rather have someone hit .220 that walks a lot and hit bombs than a .275 singles hitter. You have Yale educated guys coming up with these formulas. There's a reason every team uses them.

I wish I could be as positive and optimistic as you and I’m not being sarcastic either :lol:
Oh I'm not optimistic about this season at all. We're about 50/50 to make the playoffs and that's before losing Cole for 2 starts. And even if we make the playoffs, we're not going far. I do think Gallo is a good player, maybe not as good as he's been this year, but still a good player. He was a good addition to the team.

Stanton gives high 5's like he's scared of breaking a nail :lol:

Way to sweep. gotta keep beatin on the scrubs now, schedule's in our favor.

Back
Top Bottom